Help Tae Help Himself

What should Tae watch for his 400th anime?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taek

So I have 399 anime watched so far, and I want to make 400 something special. 300 was Ani Tore EX, and I regretted it ever since, so I'd like to make this something good.

But to make it more exciting, you get to nominate and choose what I watch. For extremely obvious reasons it can't be something I've already watched, and I'd prefer it if it was no more than 2 cour, or a film, literally whatever you want it to be.

Of course if you just want to troll me with something bad, and it ends up winning, then I'll watch that too.

I'll let nominations open now, and close it next Friday before the vote happens. There's no limit to the amount you can nominate, but don't go stupid and nominate 30 shows each, let's keep it realistic.

Lets have some fun everyone!

Scanning your WtW list, there's a bunch that you should get off your butt and watch (like SLAYERS! man Tae how have you not seen Slayers), but not really any I'd nominate for a milestone wa-...

Ah, screw it. I nominate you watch Serial Experiments Lain. Make this milestone a mindscrew. :laugh:

If you want something short: Super Kuma-san (for wtf reasons) or MD Geist (for violent reasons). Kagaku na Yatsura (for obvious reasons) would also make for the milestone of a lifetime ;p

If you want something actually decent, Nasu or Sword of the Stranger might be something for you

• Senki Zesshou Symphogear - which is surprisingly fun, though nothing mindblowing
  • Re:Zero was tons of fun and probably the most popular anime of the year - although knowing you it might not be entirely to your liking
  • Gakuen Handsome because @GenericUser will kill you if you don't pick that
  • Finishing Thunderbolt Fantasy would also be nice :p
But man, there are too many good anime that you've seen already...

I R in for this.

I'm actually not going to be a troll with my noms, surprisingly:

-Tatami Galaxy
-Kaiba
Because you need more Yuasa in your life, everyone needs moar Yuasa in their lives. Pretty much 110% sure you'll love either of these.

-Nodame Cantabile, best goddamn Josei show for me I've seen in anime.

Last edited:
Dead Leaves : it's a film. & its hilarious if you get the humour

Heavens Memo Pad : some cute moe detective show, but the story line is pretty Good

I'd rewatch Lain with you fam.

but not seeing Tatami Galaxy and Dennou Coil

really problematic

Some great pics so far guys, I think what I'll actually do is watch the winner, and then make a watching list with everything else. Could take a while to get through everything, but it'll get me on the way to 500.

Ah, screw it. I nominate you watch Serial Experiments Lain. Make this milestone a mindscrew. :laugh:
I'd rewatch Lain with you fam.

I've been waiting for @HasseRovdjur to finally sort out his graphics card so we can watch it together, you should both join us for what will be my first watch, and a rewatch for the rest of you.

After spending more than 15 minutes deciding which show I nominate Hi no Tori. Also feel free to pick the movie and the OVAs after this, they can be watched in any order.
Honestly, I'm almost tempted to just go with this, but will let the polls decide.

We have VERY different tastes in many things, and your list is almost like a literary representation of the difference between our heights, but here are a few I dredged up...

Because I Am An Asshole:
- Antique Bakery (because everybody needs some softcore yaoi in their lives)
- Aishiteruze Baby (because having heartwarming clichés and unrealistic stupidity bleeding from every orifice is character building)
- Diabolik Lovers (because I suffered through it and I need to spread the misery like Sudocrem over your eyeballs)

Because I Am Not That Much Of An Asshole:
- Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin (because I've been bugging you to see it for years *taps foot*)
- Gungrave (I liked it. Would be interested to see if you do)
- Psycho Pass (Eh, as above)
- Ack, it's such a copout, but
Kimi no Na wa. I didn't realise it had rocketed up to superstardom already :/

We have VERY different tastes in many things, and your list is almost like a literary representation of the difference between our heights, but here are a few I dredged up...
It's actually weird how much we differ in taste.
Because I Am An Asshole:
- Diabolik Lovers (because I suffered through it and I need to spread the misery like Sudocrem over your eyeballs)
Ha, jokes on you, I've already seen this. We both lose this time

It's actually weird how much we differ in taste.

I think that most of the divergence stems from my shameless and enduring love for shoujo romances, yaoi and samurai-themes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you tend to go more yuri, actiony, mindfucky titles... and you actually watch whole series of downright Hasse-level depravity (*cough*SeikonNoQwaseretcetcetc*cough*).

I'd make you watch Gintama if I could. It's so worth it <3 <3 <3

Ha, jokes on you, I've already seen this. We both lose this time

lol Really? That was the only one I didn't bother checking for on your list because I was sure you didn't hate yourself that much...

We must find the strength to carry on and live with this horrendous burden ;_;

I'm actually not going to be a troll with my noms, surprisingly:

-Tatami Galaxy
-Kaiba
Because you need more Yuasa in your life, everyone needs moar Yuasa in their lives. Pretty much 110% sure you'll love either of these.

If you want something really memorable that I'm sure you'd dig then these two are obvious choices.

After spending more than 15 minutes deciding which show I nominate Hi no Tori. Also feel free to pick the movie and the OVAs after this, they can be watched in any order.

Not quite as obvious, but this a more obscure gem and the TV series has a really unique artstyle that you'd find appreciate.

@NarkyOtic I think Tae would actually enjoy Antique Bakery for it's sometimes more mature look at gay relationships. The series is quite a good comedy and it doesn't fall into a lot of the yaoi tropes. Not really what I'd recommend for 400, but still something he should watch eventually.

On the other hand I don't think he'd enjoy Psycho-Pass all that much and if he does end up with that one I think he'd find it a bit of a slog.

For an original nomination there is this one little anime that I sort of like a little bit. Not that anyone would be able to guess it. https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/kaiji

For an original nomination there is this one little anime that I sort of like a little bit. Not that anyone would be able to guess it. https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/kaiji
I would never have guessed you'd suggest such a thing!
I have told you countless times, Tae, as a fan of Mushishi you must watch Natsume Yuujinchou. All of it. It's a silent obligation.

Trust your trusty friend.
I could just finish Mushishi Zoku Shou...

Oh I've got a pretty off the wall recommendation that I doubt anyone else would make, but you could watch the coolest anime music video ever. It's only three minutes long, but it's jam packed with cool imagery and the concept for it is pretty clever.

It's called the TV Show.

@NarkyOtic I think Tae would actually enjoy Antique Bakery for it's sometimes more mature look at gay relationships. The series is quite a good comedy and it doesn't fall into a lot of the yaoi tropes. Not really what I'd recommend for 400, but still something he should watch eventually.

Hmm... an interesting take on Antique Bakery. I see where you're coming from. I enjoyed it. It did skim its toes into some serious issues in same-sex relationships
i.e. domestic violence, self-denial etc.
but sometimes it also
fluffed over or seriously distorted certain aspects of homosexual culture at-large. Propagating certain stereotypes of 'gay roles' in relationships and some slightly irritatingly over-the-top characterisations/actions.

But then again, of course, everyone can judge for themselves. I guess there's always going to be very different impressions on topics like homosexuality. Tae, now you gotta watch it. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

On the other hand I don't think he'd enjoy Psycho-Pass all that much and if he does end up with that one I think he'd find it a bit of a slog.

Again, very much up to the individual. People are drawn into anime for different reasons. I almost turned Psycho Pass off after the first few episodes...
Being faced with ANOTHER delicate female in a position of power, being buffeted left and right. Gah.
But I stuck with it and other aspects of the series picked it up for me. It was also quite easy on the eyes in terms of animation and artwork, from memory. It's not too long as a series, either, so that's a plus.

Last edited:
Back