New Game! 2

This is just about the only new thing I'm picking up for the Summer. The first series had potential, and while it was completely as engaging as I might have liked, I think it was enough so to give it another shot. Hopefully the sequel steps its game up a little bit.

It adds more characters. It adds more ships.

Honestly, I'm just watching this for the implied Yuri.

Oh and of course the whole part of taking up programming with a character being actually explored here.
Not deeply, though, this series doesn't do deep it does what is moe so everything will be moe and I'm fine with that.

One episode in and it's about how I remember the first season. So that's good to see.

Although...was the first season this lesbian-y? I remember a lot of "I admire her so much!" but not "I admire her so much and also we should probably kiss with tongues." And I'm usually pretty good about remembering that last bit.

I'm not objecting to it, it's just not what I remember. Which is fine. I like a good yuri bait.

Episode 1/Whatever the thing that aired this week was
Started off as you'd expect, just cute girls doing cute things.
Honestly, nothing much to say it was an average opening episode to a season 2 of an anime I thought was average in the first series.

Last edited:
Is the first episode actually out? I heard it was just some pre air thing.
I was surprised (thought it was starting next week), but A-P had it listed as having started already, so I took a look. And there is a new episode out there to watch.

A decent first episode. It didn't really go anywhere since it was reintroducing everyone and their quirks. Good to see the return of best girl Kou and best ship RinxKou. I'll assume everyone who enjoyed the first season will enjoy this season. Though I don't remember the first season using chibi...I'm guessing that's a cost cutting measure or something.

Yeah I saw it is supposed to start next week but either way my opinion still stays for this random episode, average.

I liked season 1, as for season 2 episode 1, well it is the same old gig, reintroducing us to all the gang and establishing a new project, i enjoyed it really, the same vibe and feeling as before with similar character relationships in play, otherwise not loads happened but it is that kind of series (which i like these casual style ones so no loss there)

1 (?)
I believe we found the greatest worst subtitled version. I only followed about 50% of it as a result, but at the same time, that was probably enough as it was mostly just introductions. Probably isn't really worth watching it over again if I find a better version. Hopefully from here on out though, the subs will be better...

I watched the proper subbed version of the first episode. All in all, it was alright. More New Game which I enjoy. The episode did just take it easy so I expect more from the coming episodes.

This was a really strong episode. Pretty much all of it was interesting, and it provided a strong conflict that needed to be resolved in order to really move forward. In so that we wouldn't have to rehash Season 1.

A lot of the bits were really amusing, especially with Hajime seemingly coming off as a hard worker, only to show that she preferred to rewatch her favorite series. I think it humanized her even more in that sense, showing her procrastination.

But, really, the best parts were the conflict with Aoba and Yagami. Showing Yagami on a pedastal, everyone in the office knows about it, and sort of having everyone shy away from even challenging her. I thought the way the series decided to have Aoba stumble upon an idea was smart too. It suited her personality to have this sort of cutesy drawing, especially coming off the heels of her Pencil and Eraser battle, lol. I think this was the first time I actually liked something she's done. She's getting more personality too, which is nice. Last season she seemed to just be a butt in a chair.

I'm glad Yagami's frustration didn't stagnate too long, but I'm also glad that it was brought up. It was even better than they ended up being a team in the end, as they have something the other didn't have. So the two different perspectives was nice. I mean, their end product looked like a really cool game. I'd play it.

The weirdest part was when they went to reach for one another's hands in the ending part. I thought, for some reason, they were going to go full-on yuri and clasp hands, lacing their fingers. Which would of been weird, but I would of gone with it, I guess. Them slapping five was a little weird too. They should of just shared a look or something. Would of seemed more natural.

Overall, definitely a great episode. Looking forward to what happens next.

1-2
Not a whole lot to say about the first episode, since, like @commonxreaction said, I'd seen a really badly-subtitled version of it. Episode 2 was quite good, though. I liked

that we actually got some emotion from the characters, and it was done really well. In particular, I liked how they emphasized Kou looking away quickly when Aoba was initially going to ask her for help.

I'm glad we got to see a little more of Hajime, too. I remember liking her a lot last season, but it seemed like she wasn't in it all that much, so maybe this season will feature her a little more.

Hopefully season 2 continues down this path and it ends up being better than season 1 (which wasn't bad, but wasn't amazing, either).

So, it's episode three, and I think it's high time we talked about this explicitly.
Umiko x Shizuku --OR-- Umiko x Nene?

So, it's episode three, and I think it's high time we talked about this explicitly.

UmikoxNene seems to have a better dynamic. They are more playful together, compared to UmikoxShizuku, who basically just spin their wheels in frustration. Then again, I think Shizuku just seems like she wouldn't follow-through. She seems like the type to build up and watch from a distance. At most, I could see a one night stand between Umiko and Shizuku, but certainly not enough of a basis to create a lasting relationship.

In contrast, I think UmikoxNene could actually lead to a healthy relationship. Granted, I sort of am biased because I feel like Nene would benefit more from Umiko than Umiko would benefit from Shizuku. But, last season Umiko was learning from Nene, and now Nene is learning from Umiko. There is a good give and take between the two already. Plus, it seems like they would have a cuter/hotter sex life.

Another cute episode. It was nice to see Aoba sort of succumb to those negative feelings and that anxiety of feeling useless, despite her position of power. That being said, I'm super glad she opened up about it. It would of been bad bad if she had harbored those feelings and they had tried that direction. This season seems to be dipping it's toes into the right things and taking really good directions with its choices. Definitely a vast improvement over Season 1.

Nene is also quite a bit less annoying this time around. I think that probably is a result of Umiko though. Nene by herself just has nothing to do but kick and shout and roll around. So it's kind of exhausting to have to deal with her without a strong character to back her up.

We also got some tech talk this time around too. The conflict of layering and how that effects lag and rendering. Neat stuff. Really enjoying this season.

Pretty good episode. I liked the dialogue between Aoba and Hifumi. Social anxiety and general introvertedness is something that I can relate to with Hifumi, although not nearly to the degree of hers. But it was cute the way she was worried about Aoba and invited her to lunch.
I prefer Umiko's interactions with Shizuku, but I don't see any actual sparks between them. I could just see them being good friends -- or at least, Shizuku thinks they're good friends and just bothers Umiko a lot. It doesn't seem like Umiko really cares as much for Shizuku, whereas with Nene, Umiko clearly said she was getting worried about her because she hadn't heard from her in a while. Then again, I'm pretty sure that Nene is much younger and certainly acts it, which sort of makes actually shipping them a little weird to me.

Yeah, I'm pulling for team Nene, in this particular triangle. Not just because Nene's apparently my favorite character (yeah, I'm surprised, too), but because I think she and Umiko have way more chemistry than...well, frankly, than any of the other characters do in their general interactions. (Yes, even considering OTP Rin x Ko.)

Now, while I'm still debating whether this show is yuri bait or just being really coy about its Sapphic underpinnings, my natural tendency to--regardless--assume (read as: willfully contrive) that any all-girl anime cast is ultimately leading to yuri subplots puts me on a high alert for potential hints at amorous interactions...of which there appears to be an increasing multitude.

Which is a hoity-toity way of saying: is it just me, or are they amping up the love dodecahedron? (Was there much of this in the first season? Besides with Rin, who we know seems to genuinely want to marry Ko.)

Nene x Umiko...Umiko x Shizuku...Shizuku x Hifumi...Hifumi x Aoba...Aoba x Ko...Ko x Rin.

Someone is getting left out, in that chain. Which had me worried. Fortunately, there are 10 characters walking in the credits, so they can all safely pair up. Crisis averted.

Um...which is my way of saying this catches my attention more than the game stuff.

Back