Working Buddies! - Reviews

Alt title: Hataraku Onii-san!

OtakuSanji's avatar
Dec 18, 2019

An anime about two college kitties working part-time jobs together. It's not ground-breaking, but is a nice refresher from more serious titles. The characters are wacky, and the main cats compliment each other well. As for the animation, it took some getting used to, but fits well with this show's nature. I personally found the worker's antic humorous and would recommend this to anyone who likes comedy, cats or silly animals in general!

CaptainSlow's avatar
Jul 11, 2018

What I Liked: The cute, simplistic but colourful art style. All of Tapio's nicknames for Kuehiko. The nutbag bosses were all distinctive, not only through their character designs but through their quirks.

What I Didn't: YMMV on the Animal That Must Not Be Named - he's probably the most jarring aspect of the show, or the most befitting. Episode 13 was utterly superfluous.

Final Verdict: For a show about working, Working Buddies! is surprisingly fun, silly and kind of endearing. The characters all have a charming quirkiness about them, and the main pair play off each other very well. The Animal That Must Not Be Named's harrowing monologues really drive home the point that yes, this show is about surviving in a maddeningly surreal capitalist society and it's not all cute cats and wacky bosses. (Or maybe that's just me.)

aeab32's avatar
Jun 30, 2018

An anime featuring one grumpy cat and one happy cat in different working scenarios. It also has a wise koala popping up in most episodes. It is one of the short animes I would recommend as I had a few laughs out of the different perspectives of the cats. I also love cats....so I thought the character and animation was quite good.