I like anime and video games and stuff.
Be sure to check out my YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, and Twitch
You must be logged in to leave comments. Login or sign up today!
Well that's because you've never read the far superior manga isn't it?
Nope, you seem to like most of my favorite anime, so you're not "that guy" ^.^ Merp, I'm random... just passing through o.<
That really makes no sense
A few rebuttals to each of your points (now it's my turn) .
- No, just becuase the story is set in the not-too-distant future doesn't excuse it. It still has to be grounded in a sense of reality, and if you ask me, the system is clearly meant to bend to Kirito--->
1) it's bent to him because he was the strongest player besides kayaba and as he said (kayaba) in some point he wanted someone to beat the game so the stronges player , not necesarily kirito , would be the one to get the skill
2) As tecnology stands right now a VR like SAO is imposible so since the nervegear exists in that universe you can't strictly talk about "sense of reality" if you are acepting the fact that the nervergear is "posible" then you shouldn't be talking about "sense of reality" .
- Right, these people are frightened. And while it's true they're not going to rush through the game in order to get out. The problem is nobody is shown to be frightened, even under the surface. --->I think they show how scared people are when they show how the living conditions were on the first floor and how people prefered living like that ( opressde by some ramdom assholes and fighting for an cheap item that spwams regularly) instead of actually playing SAO . BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT IT COULD BE A MATTER OF PERSONAL PERCEPTION
- You know, what you described was the first few episodes, back when Kirito was an actual character and not a self-insert whose personality inexplicably changes to fit the tone of each plot. --> KIRITO FTW. ( no better arguments here )
- My problem was that this relationship had no room for any proper development, so it felt like it was just grasping at straws. Just because it happened in the blink of an eye doesn't excuse the lack of development. They started a relationship, got married, and adopted a girl as their daughter, all within the span of maybe an episode. There's no room for any development, so all of this family nonsense comes off as forced. It doesn't help that Yui is creepy and annoying with the Mommy and Daddy crap. It's supposed to sound cute, but it really isn't.
-->1) you are right on this one , they went from "hi , i'm kirito" to "till death do us apart" in the blink of an eye but personally i believe that that was cute ( i can see myself doing that ) and from rushing things like that yui was needed .
2) Dude, come on. dude, come on . yui being annoying is not the problem here.
- Then WHY did he just say he wanted to create his own fantasy world instead of "Oh, I forgot why I did it?" He clearly had some goal or idea in mind when he started his project. No matter how you look at it, Kayaba is not a good person at all. He's a murderer and a coward. ---> his goal was just creating the world where he wanted to live in and people were necesary for that but yes , he IS A COWARD AND A MURDERER.
- Obvously, not the least bit of logic was put into the story. This show has plot holes (batant example Episode 14), and trying to fill them in with your imagination is basically doing the writer's job. --> please, explain.
- Oh, and I'm going to assume that you've read the light novels so I can say this one thing: The books. Do not. F*cking. Matter. Adaptations have to stand on its own two feet, alone from the source material. If you're using the books as a form of supplementary material, then you're basically admitting the adaptation's no good. --> i read them but since volume 3 (alfheim online) the first 14 episodes were amazing and i couldn't wait but i have never read the first 2 volumes so the adaptation i can say that THE ADAPTATION STANDS ON IT'S OWN TWO FEET.
btw are you up to date with the LN? the alicization arc is actually pretty interesting much more than AO or PHANTOM BULLET.
Thanks for the add!