Good show ruined by one character

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by randomredneck, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

honestly these kinds of threads are always interesting to me because I am known for loving a lot of basebreakers people hate. in fact, there are some series where the only aspect I enjoyed was a character people think should've been thrown out (a famous example springs to mind...) my tolerance is pretty different, i love people who whine, are assholes, create conflicts in the plot, 'annoy' other characters, etc...

but it always surprises me how much tolerance people have for cutesy-tug on your heartstrings-bullshit. i like cute stuff! but i can't stand...

I hate menma
    https://www.anime-planet.com/characters/meiko-honma
    god. i do. i do.

before this show came out, I was psyched for it. but everything about it grated against every nerve i had with every appeal to emotion it introduced with her and. i hate anohana, and a lot of it has to do with menma. children have depth to them, menma does not.

'claptrap this show wouldn't exist without menma' i know, she should have been a better character, been replaced by something else. i rest my case

2. Starletka

Starletka Silver Supporter

I hate every single character in that show, but she was by far the worst

3. howtoprocrastinate

howtoprocrastinate Well-Known Member

She was why I couldn't get behind that show

4. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

I agree, Menma was insuferrable (the rest were more or less tolerable)

5. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have mind it actually if Menma had gotten more development. The more I think about it, the more I think that she was just there for the plot. The series did get a dub in 2017, so it would be a good chance to see if my feelings have changed for the series.

6. Mayflowers

Mayflowers Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say this was a good show , though entertaining and interesting to a degree but Good luck Girl's Ichiko the human main protagonist made me want to drop the show a few times but i strived through it. I often end up dropping manga or anime because of annoying human characters , so it was a chore to sit through a show where the protagonist really annoyed me.

MilissaSexclub and Nicknames like this.
  7. Warpuppy

Warpuppy Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for Naruto, I might have actually been able to get into Naruto.

8. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

is... is it an Unpopular Anime Opinion to like menma?

9. Schizm

Schizm Well-Known Member

The dead girl from Anohana? I don't think so. I liked her at least but it's been a few years too.

Still hate Eureka's three brats with a passion.

10. AmenoHabakiri

AmenoHabakiri Active Member

Characters I don't like but still don't ruin the show for me:

Those awful villains from FMP - Awful villains. A shame since Full Metal Panic is great in every other aspect.
    Volkan from Majutsushi Orphen - Orphen should've nuked this twit ages ago
    Alibaba and Sinbad from Magi - Alibaba is annoying and Sinbad became horrid in the final arc of the manga
    The villains from Gundam ZZ barring Glemmy and Haman - annoying

Characters that made me drop the anime for good
    Bakugou and Haruhi Suzumiya - Their respective shows are fine, but they're insufferable beyond repair. Wake me up when at least one drops dead.