Good show ruined by one character

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by randomredneck, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

[​IMG]

2. SpiritOfCoffeeMug

SpiritOfCoffeeMug Well-Known Member

Re:Zero was an ok show for me. I binged it and even though it was a bit of a disappointment for me I still didn't dislike it that much, however, there was one character that I found to be really annoying.

The character in question is the main character Subaru Natsuki. He's basically your typical isekai main character that is good looking in a really generic way, doesn't have many flaws and all the girls just gravitate towards him. This itself is a sign of a pretty bad and bland MC in my books, but the moments when he tried also be the comedic relief with his "hey I know this trope" type of jokes and his jokes overall made him even less bearable. Something about his way to react to the bad things that happened in the show was also something I didn't like.

Also Kirino Kousaka made Oreimo unbearable, but since that show wasn't good to begin with in my opinion I won't say anything more about it.

Scalpelexis, Rascal and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  3. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

*Sees a post in the Parasyte thread"

Oh, how could I forget her. How do you suck every ounce of enjoyment out of a show about murderous aliens? With this bitch. Murano. Or as I called her, Morono.
    [​IMG]
    Parasyte had a bevy of issues. But right at the tippy top was this walking cliche. Whine, bitch, moan, complain, etc. The most insufferable kind of romance character. Just killed all my fun every time she walked on screen.

EternalYumeLove likes this.
  4. Gozza

Gozza Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This bitch, from Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Holy shit, she annoyed the fuck out of me...

Scalpelexis likes this.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes! I was so happy in the last episode when she "fell" down... only to be disappointed when he saved her! Everytime she asked the mc if he is really "Shinichi", I wanted the mc to punch her face! I hate her!

randomredneck, Nicknames and Gozza like this.
  6. Starletka

Starletka Silver Supporter

I didn't hate her, more like the author who had literally no idea how to write female characters

Katoire, J24601, Rascal and 3 others like this.
  7. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

Should have had more scant clothing and psychopathy and ahegaos for no reason, seems to work for everyone else.

8. animuwaifu69

animuwaifu69 Well-Known Member

Teddy from the Persona franchise...those bear puns are beyond grating...

Nicknames likes this.
  9. Fluffs

Fluffs Database Moderator

Is this Puri Puri Prisoner from One Punch? If so I disliked him too, was just out of place xD

J24601, Nicknames and Rascal like this.
  10. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

I liked those puns but yeah, some people might find them unbearable

11. Fluffs

Thankfully they only appear in a few arcs but Jigglebutt Gang from Fairy Tail. So annoying and gross

Rascal, Nicknames and J24601 like this.
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Gintama because of Shimura Shinpachi . Couldn't stand him screaming all the time without real reason. Because of him I haven't picked up the second season yet. Because I still remember his overdramatic reactions to everything and it makes my skin crawl.

Rascal likes this.
  13. animuwaifu69

animuwaifu69 Well-Known Member

...I really set myself up for that one didn't I...

zala, Rascal and Nicknames like this.
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

Refresh my memory please. Were those the fart brothers?

Fluffs and Nicknames like this.
  15. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

Never watched it, but that's what google is telling me.

Rascal, Katoire and Nicknames like this.
  16. Fluffs

Yep, not sure if they're brothers, but overall just terrible. They added them in the filler arc too

J24601, Katoire and Nicknames like this.
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

Of course it is on own my speech is naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha

zala and Fluffs like this.
  18. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

Why do I watch this show again...

19. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Blowing the dust off this old thread to rant about this prick.
    [​IMG]
    Jin Mazama. You got this fun show full of lovable animal people, and the MC is a joyless racist who is a dick to all of them. Everyone but the other human, who he has the creepiest goddamn obsession with. I fear for the poor girl if she ever dates him. Total serial killer levels of weird about her. Like fuck, I get a comedy needs a straight man but this guy SUCKS. Perfect example of a good show dragged down by a shit MC.

MilissaSexclub and Rascal like this.
  20. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

I'm not the BIGGEST fan of hanako-kun, in fact it's lame, but like, it's not objectively a bad show, lots of people like it. I can tolerate it.

But when THIS shitlicking dumpster character shows up
    [​IMG]
    look at his stupid dumb fucking head and sleeves. I want him and his piece of shit self to die. He will die by my hand and I will laugh. Dumbass stupid pink baby manchild piece of SHIT.

MilissaSexclub likes this.