Good show ruined by one character

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by randomredneck, Jul 28, 2017.

1. zala

zala Well-Known Member

Posted by zala on Mar 10, 2018
    This stalker turned an unremarkable ramen anime into a painful exercise in obsession.
    Koizumi doesn't love you, you stalker!
    Rant over.

Jet, Ebhen and Shikiya like this.
  2. Shikiya

Shikiya Well-Known Member

Indeed she was the reason I stopped watching the show.

zala likes this.
  3. zala

zala Well-Known Member

Posted by zala on Mar 10, 2018
    Some of my worst moments this season have been creepy lesbian stalkings/semi incest/sudden lolicon traps.
    What the hell did we do to deserve this?

J24601 likes this.
  4. AmenoHabakiri

AmenoHabakiri Active Member

Bakugo Katsuki
    Haruhi Suzumiya
    Sinbad from magi series

I know this is a necro, but cleo is still better than that bastard borcuse for what he did to girge. Oh, and the psycho loli too.
    Those two incestuous twins are totally repulsive like you said.

Rascal likes this.
  5. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Well looky there! Someone else with common sense bout them two. Way too rare.

J24601 and Rascal like this.
  6. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

I also dropped the show's rating by a half star because of them.

We can form a club.

7. AmenoHabakiri

I forgot to mention hisoka from HxH.
    I can't stand rapey pedophiles who molests little kids.

Rascal likes this.
  8. AmenoHabakiri

Kuroko from railgun is a contender.
    An annoying, possessive lesbian who can't let misaka like touma.

LapisLoserli and Rascal like this.
  9. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

She's doing Touma a favor if you ask me.

10. GlennMagusHarvey

GlennMagusHarvey Well-Known Member

I watched one episode of Aria the Scarlet Ammo (a.k.a. Hidan no Aria) and was turned off by the premise of that one guy who becomes a smug superhuman when he gets turned on.

But I've been tempted to watch more of it. But then the idea of a harem revolving around him still feels likely to be a disappointment...

I've only seen Railgun 1, but at least Kuroko knows when to knock it off when serious stuff happens.

11. LapisLoserli

LapisLoserli Member

I dropped Railgun within three episodes because of her. There's plenty of creepy sexually harassing men throughout anime who are just usually the butt of a bad running joke, but I'm not sure why Railgun thought they could just switch the gender and expect the audience to like the character for some reason. Annoying creeps are annoying creeps, and this one was getting way too much screen time.

AmenoHabakiri and Rascal like this.
  12. Starra

Starra Well-Known Member

Menma was so annoying that I didn't watch any of AnoHana beyond episode 1. I know it's supposed to be really good and sad and all that stuff, but she pissed me off too much, lol.

Also:
    -The common one of Yoshida from Shakugan no Shana. I might've watched more than just S1 if she didn't exist.
    -Chiho from Hataraku Maou-san! made me like the show a lot less even though it was still plenty amusing.
    -One of the reasons why I hated the THE [email protected] Cinderella Girls anime so much was that Mio was one of the main characters and she's my least favourite out of the almost 200 CGs and I want to punch her in the face.

Claptrap likes this.
  13. SpanglishJC

SpanglishJC Well-Known Member

Can I mention Junpei and his dad from Cutie Honey Universe? I know it's two characters rather than one, and they didn't full on ruin the show but still. It was a show I enjoyed quite a fair bit, but these two characters where just insufferable. I didn't find their antics funny in the slightest most of the time, and honestly would have had a better time if they were just not included at all.

14. GlennMagusHarvey

GlennMagusHarvey Well-Known Member

I never liked the penchant for using unwanted sexual/romantic advances for comedy, and Kuroko Shirai wasn't an exception, at least until she actually got to face some more serious situations that made her turn down her shenanigans.

On the other hand, thankfully, Ruiko Saten and Kazari Uiharu were probably more interesting than Kuruko and the Railgun herself.

15. DarkLordSatan

DarkLordSatan Well-Known Member

Yamada from Working!
    Wolfram from Kyo Kara Maoh!
    Mamoru from Kamisama Hajimemashita S2
    Gurimaru from Dame x Prince

16. Kruszer

Kruszer Well-Known Member

I did think of some.

The male lead of He is My Master for generally being an all around jerk.
    This tool (Guilty Crown)
    just couldn't stay freakin' dead like he should have.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  17. Neverson91

Neverson91 New Member

I don’t know if this is the best example, but the main character of Himuoto! Umaru-Chan was so unlikable.

She has the audacity to act like a complete child, and bully her brother to get what she wants. I hate obnoxious, spoiled characters who can do whatever they want, and no one questions them on their bullshit. I stopped watching the show because of her insufferable behavior.

18. AmenoHabakiri

Chizuru from Hakuouki becaue she’s a fucking idiot. This anime would’ve been a 7-8/10 if she wasn’t in it, but alas, its a 5/10 instead.

19. AmenoHabakiri

Iok from Gundam IBO S2. Never seen a character this stupid in a long while.

20. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Nov 8, 2018
    The berserk adaptation was shit anyway, but Puck is worse than cancer to me. Comic relief like this just feels out of place in Berserk's universe in every way to me.