Good show ruined by one character

Bakugo Katsuki
Haruhi Suzumiya
Sinbad from magi series

This is probably a me issue, but I feel the urge to ask. Have you ever been watching something good, but there's that ONE character. That one guy/girl/robot/whatever who just sucks all the enjoyment you had out of the show. Kinda happens a lot for me.

This bitch.
These two fun killers.
This twit.
This twat.

Etc. I could go on, but you get the drift.
I know this is a necro, but cleo is still better than that bastard borcuse for what he did to girge. Oh, and the psycho loli too.
Those two incestuous twins are totally repulsive like you said.

I watched one episode of Aria the Scarlet Ammo (a.k.a. Hidan no Aria) and was turned off by the premise of that one guy who becomes a smug superhuman when he gets turned on.

But I've been tempted to watch more of it. But then the idea of a harem revolving around him still feels likely to be a disappointment...

Kuroko from railgun is a contender.
An annoying, possessive lesbian who can't let misaka like touma.
I've only seen Railgun 1, but at least Kuroko knows when to knock it off when serious stuff happens.

Kuroko from railgun is a contender.
An annoying, possessive lesbian who can't let misaka like touma.
I dropped Railgun within three episodes because of her. There's plenty of creepy sexually harassing men throughout anime who are just usually the butt of a bad running joke, but I'm not sure why Railgun thought they could just switch the gender and expect the audience to like the character for some reason. Annoying creeps are annoying creeps, and this one was getting way too much screen time.

Menma was so annoying that I didn't watch any of AnoHana beyond episode 1. I know it's supposed to be really good and sad and all that stuff, but she pissed me off too much, lol.

Also:
-The common one of Yoshida from Shakugan no Shana. I might've watched more than just S1 if she didn't exist.
-Chiho from Hataraku Maou-san! made me like the show a lot less even though it was still plenty amusing.
-One of the reasons why I hated the THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls anime so much was that Mio was one of the main characters and she's my least favourite out of the almost 200 CGs and I want to punch her in the face.

Can I mention Junpei and his dad from Cutie Honey Universe? I know it's two characters rather than one, and they didn't full on ruin the show but still. It was a show I enjoyed quite a fair bit, but these two characters where just insufferable. I didn't find their antics funny in the slightest most of the time, and honestly would have had a better time if they were just not included at all.

I dropped Railgun within three episodes because of her. There's plenty of creepy sexually harassing men throughout anime who are just usually the butt of a bad running joke, but I'm not sure why Railgun thought they could just switch the gender and expect the audience to like the character for some reason. Annoying creeps are annoying creeps, and this one was getting way too much screen time.
I never liked the penchant for using unwanted sexual/romantic advances for comedy, and Kuroko Shirai wasn't an exception, at least until she actually got to face some more serious situations that made her turn down her shenanigans.

On the other hand, thankfully, Ruiko Saten and Kazari Uiharu were probably more interesting than Kuruko and the Railgun herself.

I did think of some.

The male lead of He is My Master for generally being an all around jerk.
This tool (Guilty Crown)
just couldn't stay freakin' dead like he should have.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this is the best example, but the main character of Himuoto! Umaru-Chan was so unlikable.

She has the audacity to act like a complete child, and bully her brother to get what she wants. I hate obnoxious, spoiled characters who can do whatever they want, and no one questions them on their bullshit. I stopped watching the show because of her insufferable behavior.

Back