Good show ruined by one character

honestly these kinds of threads are always interesting to me because I am known for loving a lot of basebreakers people hate. in fact, there are some series where the only aspect I enjoyed was a character people think should've been thrown out (a famous example springs to mind...) my tolerance is pretty different, i love people who whine, are assholes, create conflicts in the plot, 'annoy' other characters, etc...

but it always surprises me how much tolerance people have for cutesy-tug on your heartstrings-bullshit. i like cute stuff! but i can't stand...

I hate menma
https://www.anime-planet.com/characters/meiko-honma
god. i do. i do.

before this show came out, I was psyched for it. but everything about it grated against every nerve i had with every appeal to emotion it introduced with her and. i hate anohana, and a lot of it has to do with menma. children have depth to them, menma does not.

'claptrap this show wouldn't exist without menma' i know, she should have been a better character, been replaced by something else. i rest my case

honestly these kinds of threads are always interesting to me because I am known for loving a lot of basebreakers people hate. in fact, there are some series where the only aspect I enjoyed was a character people think should've been thrown out (a famous example springs to mind...) my tolerance is pretty different, i love people who whine, are assholes, create conflicts in the plot, 'annoy' other characters, etc...

but it always surprises me how much tolerance people have for cutesy-tug on your heartstrings-bullshit. i like cute stuff! but i can't stand...

I hate menma
god. i do. i do.

before this show came out, I was psyched for it. but everything about it grated against every nerve i had with every appeal to emotion it introduced with her and. i hate anohana, and a lot of it has to do with menma. children have depth to them, menma does not.

'claptrap this show wouldn't exist without menma' i know, she should have been a better character, been replaced by something else. i rest my case
I hate every single character in that show, but she was by far the worst

I hate menma
god. i do. i do.

She was why I couldn't get behind that show

I hate menma
god. i do. i do.

I agree, Menma was insuferrable (the rest were more or less tolerable)

I agree, Menma was insuferrable (the rest were more or less tolerable)
I wouldn't have mind it actually if Menma had gotten more development. The more I think about it, the more I think that she was just there for the plot. The series did get a dub in 2017, so it would be a good chance to see if my feelings have changed for the series.

I wouldn't say this was a good show , though entertaining and interesting to a degree but Good luck Girl's Ichiko the human main protagonist made me want to drop the show a few times but i strived through it. I often end up dropping manga or anime because of annoying human characters , so it was a chore to sit through a show where the protagonist really annoyed me.

Characters I don't like but still don't ruin the show for me:

Those awful villains from FMP - Awful villains. A shame since Full Metal Panic is great in every other aspect.
Volkan from Majutsushi Orphen - Orphen should've nuked this twit ages ago
Alibaba and Sinbad from Magi - Alibaba is annoying and Sinbad became horrid in the final arc of the manga
The villains from Gundam ZZ barring Glemmy and Haman - annoying

Characters that made me drop the anime for good
Bakugou and Haruhi Suzumiya - Their respective shows are fine, but they're insufferable beyond repair. Wake me up when at least one drops dead.

mashle-lemon-irvine.gif

cBWgVzh.jpg

ren-yamai-yamai.gif

in recent memory

Back