Good show ruined by one character

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by randomredneck, Jul 28, 2017.

1. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

This is probably a me issue, but I feel the urge to ask. Have you ever been watching something good, but there's that ONE character. That one guy/girl/robot/whatever who just sucks all the enjoyment you had out of the show. Kinda happens a lot for me.

This bitch.
    These two fun killers.
    This twit.
    This twat.

Etc. I could go on, but you get the drift.

2. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

It usually takes more than a single bad character, as well as several other problems, to ruin a ''good show'' for me.
    At which point it's probably not even a good show in my mind.

ShoumaTaka, Hua, LizardLaw974 and 5 others like this.
  3. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Jul 29, 2017
    ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  4. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Jul 29, 2017
    Most of shonens are ruined for me because of bland by-the-book main characters. Even though a shit main character in a shonen is a well accepted standard at this point, it still bothers me every time.

5. randomredneck

They were shitty, bland, "We're so quirky" bullshit excuses of characters. Their intro was the beginning of the end for me and Durarara.

Shikiya and Rascal like this.
  6. Starletka

Starletka Silver Supporter

Scalpelexis likes this.
  7. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

even if they were THAT annoying, their existence was completely overshadowed by the other more awesome characters, starting with the show's mascots, Shizu-chan and Izaya.

8. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Also, Monogatari series.

If the whole show is constructed around dialogues between two people, someone should've though about mixing it up sometimes. Araragi is a boring, vanilla character with a shonen-tier view of the world, so having him constantly react to different people always amounts to the same thing in the end. The shows' strength was always in the exotic characters he interacted with, and the moment they started to introduce shitty girls all the flaws became a lot more apparent. They did mix it up with two best girls having an arc for themselves, but that was like fifty episodes into the series.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  9. randomredneck

That's the thing. Izaya gets shoved into the background for these two tumors.

10. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

These three douches. I mean, the show is far from being a masterpiece but they are so annoying they make me want to punch them, and it definitely tampers my enjoyment of the show

11. Schizm

Schizm Well-Known Member

I always hated Eureka's kids, especially Linck. Didn't ruin the show for me, though. There's also that annoying black-haired girl in Ben-To (to lazy to look her up).

Thrawn likes this.
  12. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

this guy, to think he would be able to ruin the whole show for me...

Thrawn likes this.
  13. randomredneck

Oh, him. Almost forgot about his stupid ass. In a show full of badass samurai doing badass samurai stuff, his biggest moment is
    killing one of the USEFUL people cause he sprayed and prayed. With a GUN. Some samurai.

Thrawn likes this.
  14. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

you forgot when he back stabbed the enemy who spared him a few moments ago, somewhere in the middle of the show.

15. randomredneck

That fact that his 'Loves' outweigh his 'Hates' baffles me.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  16. ShoumaTaka

ShoumaTaka Well-Known Member

( FYI I'm loving these new forum threads popping up ;3 )

Anywayyys I know that Blade & Soul wasn't even good enough and that it didn't live up to its standards BUT Hazuki Jin ruined it for me. ( I still watched all of it though..lol) but THAT BITCH ;-; I disliked her for plenty of reasons

17. randomredneck

I don't. I wanna post in DAT like I always do. But now if it merits conversation, it has to be a thread.

ShoumaTaka and Zed like this.
  18. CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow Well-Known Member

Unpopular Opinion time! When I first watched Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I absolutely hated this guy and he nearly just about ruined the Battle Tendency arc for me.

Princess Tutu was brilliant. I'd call it a masterpiece if it wasn't for this poor excuse of a one-joke pony.

While I wouldn't consider Elfen Lied "good" ("dated" or "edgy", yes. "good", no.), I know a lot of people consider it amazing. Even so, I'd still love the opportunity to wallop Kouta.

Shikiya likes this.
  19. Starletka

Starletka Silver Supporter

While I agree with you, Kouta was the greatest, most developed character of all times compared to this bitch

Shikiya likes this.
  20. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

The amount of edgelord AMVs featuring Elfen Lied is enough for me to hate just about everything about it.