Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun

Well even though the disappointment is tremendous that it's not about what ZetsubouKaiji or Nicknames said ... I'm still proud to announce I'm the first one who marked it 'want to watch'. Because I tried to start reading it but there's something I don't like about the art ... can't explain it what it is but there is something I don't like about it. So I suppose I'll wait the anime instead. Although I'm not sure it's that worth waiting ... it might turn out to be really funny though.

Well even though the disappointment is tremendous that it's not about what ZetsubouKaiji or Nicknames said ... I'm still proud to announce I'm the first one who marked it 'want to watch'. Because I tried to start reading it but there's something I don't like about the art ... can't explain it what it is but there is something I don't like about it. So I suppose I'll wait the anime instead. Although I'm not sure it's that worth waiting ... it might turn out to be really funny though.

If I'm not being a smartass then this does seem like it could be funny. It really depends on what studio and staff get their hands on it.

Este manga me ha tocado, pateado, golpeado el corazón

So I reacted when I saw the anime trailer
... ^^
2e2173345d37755fa5c811675f624c4f6a1856fb1671f3fdf6387534da657d83.gif

Ep1:
The artstyle seriously reminds me of a very well produced Vocaloid MV, but it fits it very well, so a good choice.
What I very much liked was the VA for the toilet ghost. Didn't knew they had so good comedic timing and it brings through a good mix of compassion and what a little shit Hanako is.

Overall quite good, although there isn't much of an overarching story to see yet, but I'd be content with smaller ones if it continues like this.

UMKTPHu.png

I - The Most Scuffed Genie

I would say the artstyle is good, if it stayed the same for more than 8 seconds rather than switching to chibi still frames. The visual direction of this is not appealing to me at all despite the charming artstyle. The animation is extremely lackluster and stiff. I'm disappointed. It gets good eventually but I'm not a fan of how things look most of the time here.

The jokes themselves are genuinely amusing but the show's not as compelling as I'd hoped.

Yeah this ain't assclass 2. Okay. I really should stop expecting that at this point. Comedy anime's never getting there ever again.

Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun is such an awesome series and I was really hyped for the anime

Buut, like some have said, (and probably more people will say) the animation is a bit stiff which is pretty disappointing since the story is really good. The panel concept for the animation is cool, but I think they're pushing that a bit too far to the point where they sometimes can't even properly animate the hakujoudai.

Okay, but from the animation aside, JSHK has a really good art style, and they kept that consistent in the anime as well. I really love the characters and despite having kinda static animation, I'll keep watching because it's a really good show (please don't disregard this series because of the animation)
Also, if you think the story right now is meh, it gets a lot better. I know everyone is saying that, but that's because it's true!

Last edited:
Back