Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Zed, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Turky

Turky Well-Known Member

Posted by Turky on Jan 25, 2020
    Damn, maybe that's why it's

not cool

2. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Jan 25, 2020
    It very much is shounen though.

3. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

If you watch enough anime then shounen and shoujo just become meaningless designations.

mdchan, Claptrap, Saeryen and 3 others like this.
  4. Saeryen

Saeryen Well-Known Member

What weekday does this launch? Of my currently watching simulcasts I only know of the day Somali airs...

Turky likes this.
  5. QueenSkull

QueenSkull Database Moderator

I like this show because the art gives off such an incredible vibe and the story is nice enough imo.
    I feel it's the type of show I can have on in the background while doing something (still paying attention because of subtitles) but also the type of show I can enjoy actually paying attention to.
    I wish it was all out now tho so I could binge it instead of one ep per week. Sure I could wait with it until it is all out, but I feel like if I hop off the story now then it will probs take a looong while until I get back to it again.

6. Turky

Turky Well-Known Member

Posted by Turky on Jan 26, 2020
    Yeah it's very much a non-commital kind of anime. Nothing too demanding of your attention. I guess that's kind of nice.

QueenSkull likes this.
  7. QueenSkull

A very nice show to watch if you want a small break from the usual "stare-at-me-with-all-your-attention-because-if-you-dare-look-away-you-will-miss-the-most-non-obvious-clue-to-the-story" ;p

OneCapedBaldy and Turky like this.
  8. Turky

Turky Well-Known Member

Posted by Turky on Jan 30, 2020

ill admit, that was pretty sweet. They definitely over-dramatized the urgency there before and it ended up being a much more sentimental subplot than a horror one. I do dig that.

cosmia and QueenSkull like this.
  9. QueenSkull

uhm... YES? I do find myself fangirling a bit after that ending huhuhu love that ;p
    The fox spirit was also adorable.
    Overall a great episode imo

cosmia, Saeryen and Turky like this.
  10. HashMap

HashMap New Member

A story about a girl, who falls for every other guy she meets, with "male harem", containing of a blond and dark haired guys, competing with each other, is a shounen. Ok.

Turky likes this.
  11. Saeryen

Saeryen Well-Known Member

Ep 4
    Never thought I’d want a pompous exorcist plushie until now

It’s youkai stuff and a female protagonist so of course I love it. Also, IMO shoujos (and shoujos in all but name) are the most heartwarming so I looooove them

Turky likes this.
  12. Helbaworshipper

Helbaworshipper Database Moderator

That's going to change in the upcoming episodes since the main plot is going to begin being a bit more obvious. There are twists to be had.

Turky and Claptrap like this.
  13. QueenSkull

I don't mind either way :3 I enjoy the show so flippin much

14. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

Yes, because shounen is a demographic category dependent on the magazine something runs in, and a VERY VERY broad category with many different types of stories even if some are tropier, and even if people think of default Shounen Jump titles and their tropes when it's brought up.

ZetsubouKaiji and Turky like this.
  15. Claptrap

also, im just going to mention it because it's funny to me, I MEAN. technically we had a shounen just last season with ' a story about a girl who falls for every other guy she meets'
    [​IMG]
    with a 'male harem' containing a light haired and dark haired guy, competing with one another
    [​IMG]
    it was called beastars
    (and also being pretty homoerotic with one another too, but u know)

ZetsubouKaiji and Turky like this.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  16. Turky

Turky Well-Known Member

Posted by Turky on Feb 4, 2020
    You see what you want to see. But yeah given that the author was female, it makes sense that Beastars feels more like a shoujo.

17. Claptrap

Likewise you don't see what you don't want to see :p

I think a lot of people were struck with homoeroticism in beastars regardless of if they wanted to see it, judging by complaints

but the hanako discussion isn't the place for me to write my essay on homoerotic furries

BrainBlow, ZetsubouKaiji and Turky like this.
  18. HashMap

HashMap New Member

I don't. And I'm glad I don't :pokerface:. Anyway, shounen to me was always "for young boys", not "it was serialized in Jump". If you look up its definition it says the same thing.

Turky likes this.
  19. QueenSkull

OK THIS EPISODE
    i love it
    the scene out by the tree just made me fangirl 10000x times more than any other normal scene fjhrfsf
    and the ending
    oOOOOoOOoo

20. mdchan

mdchan Well-Known Member

Posted by mdchan on Feb 7, 2020
    I like this series, but Yashiro's stupidity is really starting to grate on me. >.>

Turky likes this.