Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun

Episode 1:

The art style is superb! I LOVE IT. The colors are nice and bright and I love everything about the character designs.

This is why you don't swallow things that don't belong to you. Baka Daikon. XD

I have a feeling this is going to be a strong contender this season. The unique art style coupled with what seems like it's going to be a good story are great combinations for a winner. Plus personally, I really enjoy all this 7th wonder, youkai, spoopy kinda shit.

I liked the opening a lot, it was really good both visually and song wise. The ending was ok. The song may grow on me but the visuals were a bit lackluster and clunky.

This poor girl tho just like, shaped who she was as a person around this dude she liked and he ended up being an anus. Tho it probably helps if the person you've been crushing on for 3 years knows who you are. lol, yikes.

I hope people give this anime a chance and not judge it too harshly based on the first epi... when i first read the manga i thought it was going to be another cringy cliche BUT the plot definitely develops and gets darker and more dramatic and they introduce amazing characters as the story develops... i won't spoil anything but it's an anime that will leave you with many emotions as you get into the characters past and such, etc etc

I just watched the first episode and enjoyed the hell out of it. It's been a while since I've laughed so much while watching anime. The art style might not be everyone's cup of tea but I think it's quite good and fits the show very well.
By the way, certain things about it really remind me of Shoujo Kakumei Utena, which is by no means a bad thing.

animation is stiff, but at least the art is pretty.

anyway, i'm happy to see my favourite seiyuu of all time play an mc again! megumi ogata is a legend, and she suits hanako perfectly. I can't think of a better person to bring him to life. just wonderful casting

i've heard pretty good things about this story. honestly, i'm expecting more something a bit more dramatic/psychological with comedic elements like mp100 than a comedy, but that's what I like anyway. the first ep seems like set up, and I'm interested where it goes.

so far so good, the art style is really nice the episode was really funny and i re watched the episode many times. The humour was a really great way to grab the viewers attention through the first episode. Compared to a few other popular anime's first episode toilet bound has a more unique episode

Care to elaborate on that? Just curious what you noticed that I might have missed.
Well first of all, the girl taking about rumors that has appeared at the end of each episode so far really reminds me of the shadow girls talking about rumors concerning the episode theme in Utena. Also the whole modern fairy tale story set in a high school is a similarity. Then there's the bond between Hanako and the girl that shares a resemblance with Utena and Anthy's bond. This opinion might change by the end of the show, since we've hardly seen enough to be completely sure in what it's going to be like.

Episode 2:

That was a lot better than the first episode.

In the first half we get a nice parable about the power of rumors. Apparitions are forced to follow their rumors just to survive. It's quite sad, but rumors can unfortunately work the same for people when perception can be stronger than truth.

The second half of the episode gives some interesting characterization for Hanako. It gives some mystery about his past and the murder he committed while also showing his kindness. It mirrored the first half of the episode showing Nene's kindness and empathy for the apparitions. It leads to an overall theme of greater understanding between the supernatural and humans. Rather than being fueled by fear, rumors and superstitions there can be some empathy an understanding between the two sides.

Second episode out on Hulu today! Squee!!

I'm really enjoying this series so far! I'm really excited for this show and Plunderer! I think we can expect great things from these shows this winter.

One thing I have to say is that I HATE the English translation of the series title. It just doesn't sound nice at all. Imagine someone asking you, "What's your favorite show lately? * "Ohh, Toilet Bound Hanako-kun :)"* "Uhh, Wut?". Lmao. It's just the name really annoys me. Why not Hanako of the Bathroom? I don't know I think they could have easily had a nicer title I guess. Like ANYTHING would have been nicer :frustrat:

Anyhow besides that, this show is gonna rock my socks off this winterI can feel it.:love:

Well first of all, the girl taking about rumors that has appeared at the end of each episode so far really reminds me of the shadow girls talking about rumors concerning the episode theme in Utena. Also the whole modern fairy tale story set in a high school is a similarity. Then there's the bond between Hanako and the girl that shares a resemblance with Utena and Anthy's bond. This opinion might change by the end of the show, since we've hardly seen enough to be completely sure in what it's going to be like.

Not going to spoil it, but I'm pretty sure that girl is going to appear later in the anime. If you've read the manga, you might have an idea of who she might be. I don't think it'll be like the shadow girls, but more of a easter egg for when she appears.

the characters and themes are all there, sure, and given just that some can naturally dissect them, but I'm one of those who needs more excitement and intrigue for stuff like this, and right now everything around the good stuff is still too stiff and boring for me to care. Feels like nothing really happens in this show. And it still isn't that funny.

Turning into another hinamatsuri situation.

Not going to spoil it, but I'm pretty sure that girl is going to appear later in the anime. If you've read the manga, you might have an idea of who she might be. I don't think it'll be like the shadow girls, but more of a easter egg for when she appears.
I haven't read the original material, but now I'm very excited to find out later in the show.

After watching ep2 I have this pesky thought about Hanako meeting Takagi (from Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san) due to type of character.

I really like the art-style, it's very unique and it holds me like an anchor to the series. Had to watch the episode twice, since I got lost in a thought about this animation style, and missed half the episode. Characters are likeable, sound is good too. This one has some potential

Ep 2:

asldkfh i'm still so happy that jshk got it's own anime, and the art is still amazing! but if i'm being honest, I wish they captured some of the scenes better. Like in the spoiler below, that's how it looked in the manga, and it was honestly so much creepier there (i also like the translation better in the manga). the animation for hanako vs kou was also disappointing, but other than that, the visuals were really pretty and i'm really excited for the misaki stairs arc <3
tumblr_inline_pnr11cVklH1spawep_500.png

I didn't read the manga (I'll probably end up picking it up now)
Just one minute into the first episode, MY EXCITEMENT COULD NOT BE CONTAINED!!!
The art (which I'm absolutely loving), story, the characters; they're all my jam!
i really like that Hanako is a guy; loving that face *thumbs up*
i also thought it was funny when they pointed out Yashiro's daikon legs xd
I really liked eps 1 & 2, and as @iinky mentioned, I'm really excited for the misaki stairs as well!! :D

Back