My Three Tyrant Brothers - Reviews

My Three Tyrant Brothers
Manthika's avatar
Apr 26, 2021

A story about cursed royalty with mood-ring eyeballs, focused on a girl given Tragic Abused Slave Backstory #12, labeled as 'isekai' only because the author wanted to ride the 'isekai popularity train' when it's really no more than 'sometimes I dream that I lived in another world where there were things called 'planes' and 'cars' and I had a little brother' so... I mean, it counts, but not really.

In "My Three Tyrant Brothers" the brothers are tyrants to anybody BUT the MC, and really, who can blame them?  She's the prophecied chosen one meant to break their curse~ wow, so amaze, much original, very mary sue.  I mean, if the fact that their eyes change color based on mood wasn't enough for you.

It's not great.  But it's not terrible.  It's bland and slightly below average for what it is.  If you're looking for a cliche, chill story focusing around a kid going from rags to riches in a hot second, look no further.  If you want anything of substance, look a lot further... Like a lot.  Don't get me wrong, I like it, it has some cute family interaction and such, but it just doesn't excel or wow in any way.

upsidepenguin's avatar
Apr 19, 2021

Why do these webtoons have such ah, in-ter-res-ting names? The father and brothers all love Chloe right from the start and aren't cold tyrants to her, despite what the title might say. So, no cold-tyrants-gradually-warming-up or acting cutesy to survive or I-am-not-loved misunderstandings with tsundere family members dramas. Chloe is adored right from the start and it's so sweet to see that. They've been searching for her for so long.

At chapter 10, the first brother to appear is so sweet to FL (Wednesday/Chloe). Chloe's backstory is told well and doesn't seem to be woe-is-me. I could actually sympathise with her through what the story portrayed. Chloe has realistic reactions and feelings as a child who's suffered. She's still very strong even though she endured so much.

The story won't seem to go in the incest direction (stepbro! jk) but will probably have overprotective brothers. The ML seems to be Sunday, Chloe's friend who has suffered alongside her in the same slave trade. They've supported each other throughout the harsh years, and I think their friendship is very cute.

The art is nice, though the lines are shaky at times. It's not the best, but I can assure you the art won't affect your reading experience much. In fact, the changing eye colours are quite nice.

Overall, I recommend this if you want a nice family historical webtoon with some romance later on.

9.5/10 story