US Politics:The Rule of Lord Dampnut's Tiny Iron Fist

Status
Not open for further replies.
lot of good points made in the last few posts ,
i would just like to add some of my own

first past the post
we have GOT to get rid of this terrible bias system
it has to be one of the biggest real changes that can actually be achieved , i know i bang on about changing stuff and many of my ideas just are not workable in this paradigm but getting rid of FPTP is achievable and is probably the biggest change we can make , hopefully a change for the better of course ,
change to what , well there's many options , so many we would surely disagree but we have to agree that FPTP has to go

ppl hating the other candidate so much they fail to scrutinize their own candidate !
tbh i think this is happening more on Hillary's side, but i might be saying that because im a disgruntled democrat or would be if i was in the u.s.
i also think that maybe , and i stress maybe that one of the reasons ppl like trump is exactly because of his failings and faults , tho that dont speak well of his supporters and for that im sorry but there it is .

as for comparisons tween this election and the obama romney race , what planet are you from dude !!
chalk n cheese, these 2 elections shouldn't be spoken about in the same reality, let alone the same paragraph

as for comparisons tween this election and the obama romney race , what planet are you from dude !!
chalk n cheese, these 2 elections shouldn't be spoken about in the same reality, let alone the same paragraph

Except I was only comparing one specific aspect of the two elections and not making a general statement that the two elections are similar. As for not speaking about the two of them in the same paragraph, that's just silly. However much of a circus the election has turned into it's mostly due to the candidates and not the election cycle itself. The way the media treats the candidates is something that should be compared and discussed because the media holds a lot of influence and people tend to believe what they hear. Hell, even Romney believed he had an actual shot at winning last election right up until election night.

well said zet, fair point mate ,

just saw that trump invited 3 of bill Clinton's rape victims to the last debate !
LOL

trumps strategy for the 3rd debate ! fill the audience with the Clinton's various and many victims
the medias strategy will be to ignore it

nb
bit disappointed that no ones picking up on my "we must get rid of first past the post electoral system" i really thought we could all agree on that one

trumps strategy for the 3rd debate ! fill the audience with the Clinton's various and many victims
the medias strategy will be to ignore it
Because all of those cases were either settled in court over a decade and a half ago, or they swore under oath that no wrong had actually been done to them.
"various and many victims" my ass.

But of course, the media is giving it focus: Breitbart, Alex Jones and the like, that is. Because of course they do.

That he did that in the second debate was disgusting enough.
That is not a defense of your actions.

Saying sexual assault is just locker room talk and that he was not as bad as Bill is not a defense. Its disgusting. That was not a good play at all, it only served to be revolting. The nuclear stratagy wont get him more supporters, it will only lock in his deplorable base and push away independents that were leaning towards him. People looking for contrition. Not whatever the hell that was. That first half hour gave him no undecided.

If he does it again at the third debate. I hope Pence just gives up. I hoped he would at the 2nd one when trump threw him at a speeding bus.

Because all of those cases were either settled in court over a decade and a half ago, or they swore under oath that no wrong had actually been done to them.
"various and many victims" my ass.

But of course, the media is giving it focus: Breitbart, Alex Jones and the like, that is. Because of course they do.
yes its a real shame that as a leftist im having to go to right wing media to find info about my owns sides candidate because my own side wont properly scrutinize the candidate
at this point to say Hillary stole/fixed the primary's is pretty much proven fact , and by doing that she has done massive damage to the left
i have read through Hillary record , if you wanna be blind to it , fine nps ,but i cant , that thing is not fit to be leader of the free world
the democrats absolutely have to win but then , we could lose because some power hunger megalomaniac psychopath stole the primary's

Bernie would have wiped the floor with trump jeez a wet dish cloth could would have been a better option but the situation where Hillary stole the primary's and now cant guarantee the election is a fucking farce

yes its a real shame that as a leftist im having to go to right wing media to find info about my owns sides candidate because my own side wont properly scrutinize the candidate
at this point to say Hillary stole/fixed the primary's is pretty much proven fact , and by doing that she has done massive damage to the left

So your solution for finding the truth is to claim one source is biased and then go to another biased source?

We get it you don't like Hilary, but the hyperbole of calling her a psychopath just makes it hard to take any points you make seriously.

I think any damage she has caused is evened out by Trump's damage to the GOP.

More like Trump set it on fire and divided it even further. He's been far worse for his party than Hilary has been for the democrats. She's pretty much holding course, while Trump embarrassed himself and his party left and right. The saddest part is Trump seems proud of it.

anyone who laughs about another humans death , a death witch that person caused is a phyco in my book

my definition of a psychopath is a person who can not feel empathy for others , who commits amoral/criminal behavior with no guilt or remorse and extreme egocentricity,

my version is basically a short version of the urban dictionary meaning and many other dictionary's

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people laugh at others death. Dark sense of humor is what keeps people sane.
Lack of empathy? What? She listens and responds to what she hears better then anyone else in politics.

anyone who laughs about another humans death , a death witch that person caused is a phyco in my book
So what the hell do you call basically anything Trump has said in casual disregard of life and personal liberty? I guess it doesn't count when he handwaves millions of innocent lives, claims that we should kill blood relatives of terror suspects, how Gitmo should be filled up again, how executions should be public, etc etc etc?
Oh no, Clinton was casual about the death of a hedonistic, mass-murdering dictator of several decades, so obviously she is the "psychopath."

So what the hell do you call basically anything Trump has said in casual disregard of life and personal liberty? I guess it doesn't count when he handwaves millions of innocent lives, claims that we should kill blood relatives of terror suspects, how Gitmo should be filled up again, how executions should be public, etc etc etc?
Oh no, Clinton was casual about the death of a hedonistic, mass-murdering dictator of several decades, so obviously she is the "psychopath."
facepalm !

i am not a trump supporter , i think he is a terrible candidate
ppl hate trump so much they fail to inspect their own candidate
and tbh trump isnt the issue here so lets not get distracted

the issue is Hillary and her record ,

Hillary who voted for the Iraq war , Hillary who as sec of state launched and illegal regime change in libya
yes Qaddafi was a criminal and he should have stood trial at the hauge for his crimes
but committing the crime of aggressive war on Libya to kill a criminal is a real great way to show our moral superiority , dont ya think ?

its a well know fact that whilst Hillary was a member of the Obama cabinet she was the most extreme member of the hawk faction ,
ask yourself this question why have the neocons endorsed Hillary ?
Hillary is a blind supporter of Israel and an apologist for their excess's , she is also opposed to my and your right to boycott/divest/sanction Israel
(btw im not anti Israel but i dont agree with a 70% civilian death rate when they periodically bomb gaza )
she actually wants to sanction ppl up for supporting the bds movement

the woman has no moral compass , look at how many times shes flipflopped on issues depending on public mood

the fact is the democrats absolutely have to win but because Hillary stole the primary they might actually lose
also it is another proven fact that she can not be trusted with classified documents and information
(wipe my server , "what you mean with a cloth ?")

Well America is just going to be doomed for the upcoming election...I don't think the US is going to be amazing as it has been for however long...

the issue is Hillary and her record ,
Yes, and you keep pretending she has the worst one quite overwhelmingly. It's pretty obvious where your vote is going, and you're basically doing campaign work for that direction, too.

Hillary who as sec of state launched and illegal regime change in libya
"Launched"? The rebellion had already been underway for months, and France and Britain launched the initiative to legitimize the rebels, and it was the same rebels who killed him. I'm glad they killed him!
And this, mind you, was the same dictator who had directly sponsored multiple specific terror attacks across the world.
America itself was founded on foreign intervention.

ask yourself this question why have the neocons endorsed Hillary ?
Because Trump is a pants-on-head retarded candidate choice, and supporting him is going to be a future blight on the record of anyone who supports him regardless of if he becomes president or not?
Mainstream republicans have been disowning him en masse, too.
Yes, asking why the neocons are supporting Hillary is a good question, but you're taking it from the wrong angle.
Also, have you asked yourself why the KKK and pretty much all racist (and) alt-right groups support Trump?

Hillary is a blind supporter of Israel and an apologist for their excess's , she is also opposed to my and your right to boycott/divest/sanction Israel
Wow, being supportive of Israel? How unamerican. And there's a difference between being against sanctions on Israel, and being against your right to boycott.
No one's going to threaten to arrest you for not buying Israeli oranges.

the woman has no moral compass , look at how many times shes flipflopped on issues depending on public mood
Every career politician ever, though Trump proves you don't have to be a politician to do this.
The guy isn't even in office, yet already has more scandals and shit decisions on his record than the last three presidents combined.

the fact is the democrats absolutely have to win but because Hillary stole the primary they might actually lose
also it is another proven fact that she can not be trusted with classified documents and information
Also, Hillary "stealing the primary" was an already trite myth months ago. She won the popular vote pretty much everywhere it mattered.

Last edited:
Grendel cant vote, he isnt american.

Illegal Libya change, what. That makes no sense

Anyways, I dont look for consistency with politicians. At least not in the way you are complaining. What I want in a politician is not some hard nose no compromise my way or highway tea party shit. I want someone who listens, takes in new evidence, is able to change and grow. She has core values, and her stances dont change those, She is humanitarian, she cares about her constituents. She does her best to balance out their interests with the interests of others.
Flip floping is not inherently bad. What is more crazy is to keep a stance that is wrong just for the sake of perception of "consistency" . Thats insane, thats obstructionist, thats shit like Ted Cruz. I want someone Like Jeb Bush, or John Thune.

I want a politician that changes to public mood as well, one that stays in the past deserves to stay in the past.

Im confused on your statement about Neocons supporting Hillary, Do you have an issue with Neocons? why would any thinking neocon support Trump? That said, I dont really see any gunning for Hillary either.

Hillary a blind supporter of Isreal? Also, Im confused here. Yes, she supports Isreal, but she has also been heavily critical of Isreal as well. She buts heads with Netanyahu all the time. When did you have the right to put sanctions on another country? You can boycott you know.

Last edited:
More like Trump set it on fire and divided it even further. He's been far worse for his party than Hilary has been for the democrats. She's pretty much holding course, while Trump embarrassed himself and his party left and right. The saddest part is Trump seems proud of it.

My thoughts are similar and made in response. But it can be more a matter of perception outside of hard party lines.

From an independent standpoint, I'd venture to say it is 2 of the most unliked candidates I have ever seen. Trump at one point becomes that of a clown and something I do not even take seriously any more. I do wonder how many independents made up their mind and just sent in their ballot after the first debate? Yes, I am not talking the inappropriate discussion, but more the fact he was on the largest stage and laid an epic egg. Clinton on the other hand is a well-oiled politician and you can feel the grime from a long distance, and you know she played the game to get where she is. Her demeanor is that of contempt for anyone and everyone that does not do to her bidding. It seems she is always saying something like, I didn't think the public needed to know. Guess what? The public needs to know, or at least come off as you care that they do not need to know.

As for party, I'd agree with you to a point.

Within the GOP, The Tea party finally got their candidate. I believe the scorched earth policy Trump enacted may have finally put an end to the misogynistic, racist, wall building, and gentrified side having that sort of power again. It was on life support before a billionaire came in and breathed life into it. I am not saying that side is gone, but it will be harder to find a rally point.

But Trump got in despite a party who had conspired to get rid of him. Had he not got in and it was found out later that he was blocked, you'd see a bigger divide. They wanted their man since whining about middle of the road candidates for the last 2 elections. My thoughts are you will see a much more middle minded candidate next time around from the Republicans. Where you are correct, however, if there are lasting scars on the female and Latino vote. I think the full ramifications will show up if at the mid congress election shows if the GOP struck an Iceberg or rammed one full force.

Now for the DNC. There are a lot of dissatisfied in the party where they feel their voices are not heard or even silenced when their candidate was hampered by the party. Those in the party felt a bit betrayed that the DNC railroaded their candidate from a promising surge by getting the lion share of super delegates and money behind Clinton and not Bernie. The side of the Democrats that want more regulations against powerful banks and corporations or more legislation for climate issues were disappointed. For division in the party, the saving grace was the dividing line was crossed by Bernie. He did exactly what many of the top Republican candidates did not. Support the candidate that won the party as was agreed upon by all that were running.

I am not a man who wants to see the world burn, so I am not entirely for more regulations against banks or such (my capitalist nature kicks in there), but I feel the pain of the Sanders supporter. I live in the northwest where Bernie is huge, and the only reason there is not more of a divide is his support and the fact that the alternative is unthinkable and Bernie is out there stumping for her.
But next election, I would not be surprised to see Bernie again or his side and that wedge could be more permanent. Sanders here in Seattle http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...boosting-jayapal-urging-morality-in-politics/

So, Trump = more damage, but Hillary far from not causing damage herself.

have you even looked at Hillery's voting record in the senate and her record as sec of state cos im willing to bet money you have not !

tbh the best we can hope for in this election is that hillery wins then die's on jan 6
btw if i could vote id vote gill stein or that wizardy type guy or Cynthia McKinney tho she isnt running this time

as for trump , we all know what a bad candidate he is and tbh i dont need to ring the alarm bell about him , its already being done and by ppl with much bigger reach than me
unfortunately the left hates trump so much they/you refuse to scrutinize your own candidate (hillery)

ok hillery on bds
http://www.mintpressnews.com/wikile...al-hillary-clintons-anti-bds-strategy/221416/

as for their alrdy being an uprising in libya b4 the us uk and france bombed ! lol
an uprising of ppl being paid by us/uk front organization to uprise , they whole thing was an engineered slow motion coup same as the engineered uprising in syria

btw noone mentioned so far that that hillery was sending and supporting al Qaeda in syria and libya
thats alqeada who blow up the twin towers the us is supporting in syria still to this day
alnusra is alqeada

Last edited by a moderator:
have you even looked at Hillery's voting record in the senate and her record as sec of state cos im willing to bet money you have not !
I think most of them have, yes.

tbh the best we can hope for in this election is that hillery wins then die's on jan 6
btw if i could vote id vote gill stein or that wizardy type guy or Cynthia McKinney tho she isnt running this time
unfortunately the left hates trump so much they/you refuse to scrutinize your own candidate (hillery)
If you want that for Hillary, why not for Trump as well if you apparently do not like him? As Funk said - Trump would largely bring chaos, whereas Hillary would just continue with the current policies of the government. As for the bit about Hillary not facing scrutiny from her own party, it's largely due to presenting a unified party, unlike the GOP at the moment. Know it doesn't count for much of anything, yet most registered democrats I know dislike Hillary, yet would much rather to get her elected first and then deal with her issues than tear the (slightly) unified party apart and have another GOP moment.
Tho my gf is voting for Stein this election, but mostly just to help get another party recognized by the government. ...and before any comments of "that's a vote for Trump", she lives in one of the states that it's known Hillary will win in.

as for their alrdy being an uprising in libya b4 the us uk and france bombed ! lol
an uprising of ppl being paid by us/uk front organization to uprise , they whole thing was an engineered slow motion coup same as the engineered uprising in syria

btw noone mentioned so far that that hillery was sending and supporting al Qaeda in syria and libya
thats alqeada who blow up the twin towers the us is supporting in syria still to this day
alnusra is alqeada
For the first part - Ghaddafi dealt with rebels much before 2011. He was not the most well liked dictator in the region at all; to say that the rebellion was paid off by Western nations is a bit of a stretch. There were far too many splinter groups, let alone one 'leading' rebel group. Syria is no different - the original protesters were motivated due to longstanding resentment and an increase in unemployment (amongst other factors). The only time US involvement started was when the Russians started to as well, thus devolving into the current proxy war we have.

Easy answer for your second point - "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". They fight against the Russians, IS, and Assad. Therefore, they get broader support. Of course,the US has distanced itself from them quite a bit recently, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back