US Politics:The Rule of Lord Dampnut's Tiny Iron Fist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GrendelSilmarillion, Sep 27, 2016.

1. GrendelSilmarillion

GrendelSilmarillion Well-Known Member

so did anyone watch the debates last night ? who do YOU think won ? what do you think

i stayed up till 2 am to watch the debate but in the end i couldn't watch it ,
    mister politics couldn't sit thru the it ,

they gave the Hillary the opening question and within 5 mins my skin was crawling and i felt sick in my stomach ! and whats more i didn't even have the damm sound on !
    i sat there looking at Hillary with that cat that got the cream smile and those cold eyes
    i used to think Hillary was a psychopath, i not longer think that, i now think shes a sociopath with psychopathic tendency's
    she was so self satisfied and pleased to be center of attention , well it couldn't have been more obvious if she had starting singing it

as for trump i can't comment i didn't get to see him speak
    im not a trump supporter , my pick is gill stein but it is true im a Hillary opposer

2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

[​IMG]

Honestly, they should just skip all this bullshit and get to the election. These debates are solely for the benefit of undecided voters, but at this point everyone has already entrenched themselves in one camp or the other and there is nothing that's going to make anyone switch sides. It's not even fun to watch to see if Trump sticks his foot in his mouth anymore.

Uriel, trottolina, Taek and 4 others like this.
  3. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Sep 27, 2016
    http://www.npr.org/2016/09/26/495115346/fact-check-first-presidential-debate

I'm not judging, only reading.
    But seriously, Trumps business plan is horrible and ''just tax cutting the rich'' is trickle down economics all over again. The middle class and Lower class don't even get nearly the same tax cut as the upper class to despite being the ones that need it the most.

Ps: Trickle Down Economics failed the last time it was tried.

SkyOnAnime, Taek, BrainBlow and 2 others like this.
  4. ZetsubouKaiji

Trickle down economics where the middle of lower classes get pissed on because that's about the only thing that trickles.

5. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Sep 27, 2016
    Tapped out after a 1/2 hour in and went to sleep early. It was mainly the sort of canned rhetoric you'd expect to see from both sides.

At this point, it's more of a matter of whether or not he'll take out for even just a second.

Taek and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  6. Schizm

Schizm Forum Moderator

Posted by Schizm on Sep 27, 2016
    I only watched the first 20 minutes or so, I'm really not interested in politics. But yeah, imo those debates are solely for entertainment value. Most people don't want to see a serious discussion, they want to see Trump throwing around racial slurs and whatnot. Pure entertainer, but definitely not material for presidency.

Not a fan of Clinton either, but continuing the way things were is still "better" than having a loose cannon in office. But yeah, not versed enough in politics to really contribute something here.

7. GrendelSilmarillion

after watching too many "who won" youtube vids i have come to the 2 conclusions

1 no one won and neither lost, they basically they held position

2 the debates this cycle arnt going to make any difference at all what so ever due to supporters and haters being so entrenched

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  8. ZetsubouKaiji

9. GrendelSilmarillion

vote 3rd party its better than not voting ,
    if only a quarter of the ppl that dont vote went and voted for a 3rd party , i think it would actually change something in the political system , tho what it would change i cant say

10. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

Ah, the last time a 3rd party candidate in American politics swayed a chunk of voters, George W. Bush won as a result.
    Good times.

11. ZetsubouKaiji

Can we just call a mulligan on this whole thing and have Obama be president for four more years?

[​IMG]

BrainBlow, CaptainSlow, Uriel and 4 others like this.
  12. GrendelSilmarillion

shh don't let alex jones hear you say that :sweat:

anyway here is a 4 min vid that makes some good points

13. Uriel

Uriel Well-Known Member

Posted by Uriel on Oct 6, 2016
    Well, I say go for Hillary. There are no worse choices than Trump and voting 3r party is voting Trump. Accept that you are fucked with your bipartisan system and don't pretend you can get 3rd force.

BrainBlow, Karasune and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  14. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Oct 6, 2016
    My philosophy was always to vote for the candidate I considered most capable and best suited for the job, which has always been 3rd party. The concept of protest vote is one of those things I never really figured out. Thankfully for me, and stubbornness of many, 3rd party I vote for over here gained more and more support to the point where it's conditioning bigger parties if the want to form a government, because no one can suddenly form it alone. Presidential election is not exactly the same thing but I'd stick with this regardless.

GrendelSilmarillion likes this.
  15. ZetsubouKaiji

I only caught a few minutes of the debate last night, but I don't understand why Trump doesn't just grab her by the pussy since he claims that works so well for him.

GrendelSilmarillion likes this.
  16. MrAnime

MrAnime Active Member

That also why Bernie didn't create the 3rd road. He knew how risky it was to have some voters taken from Hillery to only have Trump elected. Then he will be blamed by media pundits with a legit argument.

Which I why I also advise people to be careful if their doing a "protest vote" when their in a swing state. Because with how polls kept showing both Hillary and Trump bouncing back and forth. I don't want to risk any swing state to Trump because the Democrats lost alot of their votes to a 3rd party.

So with that said, I now feel 3rd parties are making this race a bit more dangerous than it should be.

17. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

BrainBlow and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  18. ZetsubouKaiji

Yeah, this is a lot like the last election cycle when the media made it look like Mit Romney had an actual shot of winning because they needed something to report on. Obama was never in any danger of losing that election and I think Hilary has the same kind of advantage this time around. The Republican party really can't get their shit together well enough to get a viable candidate.

19. Uriel

Uriel Well-Known Member

Posted by Uriel on Oct 11, 2016
    Hehehe, seriously US. Get your shit together. The fact that he still has two digit support is a disgrace.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  20. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

Yea, the false equivalency they do between the two candidates is annoying. They keep looking for Clinton scandal that dont exist just so they can say they are fair and unbiased... Thats not what unbiased means. But journalism is such a misunderstood job I suppose they feel the need to.

Romeny wasn't a bad candidate, he was just in an unwinnable election, Obama had >50% approval ratings going into it.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.