True Tears

I have to admit that a "Nice Boat" ending to this would be pretty awesome, though I highly doubt this could happen :p
I never watch the previews for the following episode (I just hate that concept), but I've read somewhere that you can see Aiko in the ep. 10 preview. So it seems that she isn't completely out of the picture yet, then MAYBE she'll pull a School-you-know-what and slaughter them all!

...k... maybe not.

Just thought I would throw in my two cents... I figured Hiromi would become the primary candidate... I just didn't think it would happen so soon. With 4 episodes left there is definitely time for either Hiromi or Noe to "win". Aiko is (and always was) clearly out of the picture.... but I guess she may have a happy ending with Shinichiro's friend.

By the way, is it just me or is Hiromi damn unattractive? Very odd for a female lead character...

Just thought I would throw in my two cents... I figured Hiromi would become the primary candidate... I just didn't think it would happen so soon. With 4 episodes left there is definitely time for either Hiromi or Noe to "win". Aiko is (and always was) clearly out of the picture.... but I guess she may have a happy ending with Shinichiro's friend.

By the way, is it just me or is Hiromi damn unattractive? Very odd for a female lead character...

"Damn unattractive" feels a bit strong, but yes, I also feel that she's not as attractive as most female leads. But then again, for me her personality contributes alot to that :<

One of the reasons why I really like this show, is a lot of the characters are believable. There hair colors aren't pink or blue, like Rosario + Vampire, each character isn't drop dead gorgeous, like Rosario + vampire. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy both shows, but for separate reasons.

Also, it is kinda nice that the female lead isn't super sexy. Kinda repeating myself here, but it adds to the realism, and makes his attraction towards her a lot more 'special', for lack of a better word. He isn't attracted to the same girl every other single guy in the school likes, which is nice, because you can tell the creators wanted to create something different and not the same old same old, although, sometimes the old is still entertaining.

not that it really matters at all lol, but I find Hiromi more attractive than eithe Aiko or Noe. Probably because of the hair.

I think my reason for liking Hiromi is the tragic past (hence deserves happiness) along with the whole "girl next door" thing... okay, I know she is actually living under the same roof... but you know what I mean. Albeit somewhat typical I've always enjoyed the "girl next door" stories.

One of the reasons why I really like this show, is a lot of the characters are believable. There hair colors aren't pink or blue, like Rosario + Vampire, each character isn't drop dead gorgeous, like Rosario + vampire. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy both shows, but for separate reasons.

Also, it is kinda nice that the female lead isn't super sexy. Kinda repeating myself here, but it adds to the realism, and makes his attraction towards her a lot more 'special', for lack of a better word. He isn't attracted to the same girl every other single guy in the school likes, which is nice, because you can tell the creators wanted to create something different and not the same old same old, although, sometimes the old is still entertaining.

I agree with you! I don't normally watch these kinds of anime, but I find True Tears to have something kind of rare. There's just something about it that attracted me. It might be the realism that you mentioned of--I definitely like it as close to realism as it can be. Kinda reminds me of NHK when you talked about the hair color--it's nice to see the hair more natural and realistic. For once, the characters don't look like colorful pieces of candy on the screen. =P I also like how their facial expressions aren't over-exaggerated.

Too bad the series is already approaching its ending. :crying: Only 13 episodes, right? And I just looked this anime up on ANN to find it under the category, "Love Rectangle." Lol I never heard of that before, it's usually "Love Triangle," but it definitely makes sense in this case.

I hear a lot of people say that lately---how they think Hiromi is unattractive. You know, her character design always reminded me of another one. That would be Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket, another unattractive female-lead. However, Hiromi does have very beautiful blue eyes, in my opinion. Key designers did an excellent job on those.

ep. 10
A second lovely episode in a row. If anyone still had any doubts on who Shin's going to end up with, now it couldn't be any clearer. I loved the way they ended the episode, that "running in the wind" scene was a bit cheesy, but still it makes you realize that Hiromi did have feelings for Shin the whole time.

There's one thing I have to ask though, am I the only one who thinks that the way they cut the scenes is really really awkward? It always seems like they're cutting the dialogues short for no particular reason. One of the best example of this, 16th minute of ep. 10:
-Shin: Can you please reconsider?
-Hiromi: I've made up my mind
-Shin: I see
...................fades to next scene
.... THEN WHAT?
Sorry maybe it's just me, but it frustates me to no end... :p
Also, whats'up with the 2 scenes with both Myokichi and Jun refusing to break-up with their GFs...
-Jun: I can't agree to it
...................fades to next scene
come on.... as if it was as simple as that lol.

With still 3 episodes left, I really can't see what's left to see. I always refuse to watch "next ep. previews", I think it spoils all the fun there is in waiting for what's to come. But seriously I've got the feeling they could wrap up this show in 10 minutes if they wanted... Please please pretty please, don't make a School Days out of this show...

ep. 10
A second lovely episode in a row. If anyone still had any doubts on who Shin's going to end up with, now it couldn't be any clearer. I loved the way they ended the episode, that "running in the wind" scene was a bit cheesy, but still it makes you realize that Hiromi did have feelings for Shin the whole time.

There's one thing I have to ask though, am I the only one who thinks that the way they cut the scenes is really really awkward? It always seems like they're cutting the dialogues short for no particular reason. One of the best example of this, 16th minute of ep. 10:
.... THEN WHAT?
Sorry maybe it's just me, but it frustates me to no end... :p
Also, whats'up with the 2 scenes with both Myokichi and Jun refusing to break-up with their GFs...

come on.... as if it was as simple as that lol.

With still 3 episodes left, I really can't see what's left to see. I always refuse to watch "next ep. previews", I think it spoils all the fun there is in waiting for what's to come. But seriously I've got the feeling they could wrap up this show in 10 minutes if they wanted... Please please pretty please, don't make a School Days out of this show...

I just finished watching episode 10 also, and I get what you mean about the abrupt scene switch. I didn't really have a prob though. xD As for what is becoming quite clear...I wasn't one of the ones who was rooting for Hiromi and Shin, but I suppose it was inevitable. The series is feeling lighter--I wonder if something drastic will happen, or if drama has already reached its peak. I hope there's a bit more drama left...:!!: Otherwise.. dunno.. I think True Tears is "ok." I was hoping there was more to the brother, like he'd do something crazy. Maybe I can still be hopeful.

ep. 11

well.... what a confusing episode that was. I mean, I loved the fact that Hiromi and Shin seem to be closer to each other now... but what kind of ending was that? =(
I mean, why did he have to go running out for Noe? That was a pretty dumb move if you ask me, now that he almost had Hiromi in his bed (or him in hers.... i guess)

I also think it's strange that we already saw Shin x Hiromi kissing.... that's the kind of scene you usually keep for the very last episode. Hopefully I'm worrying too much, but I do fear that a Noe x Shin ending might still be possible. PLEASE TELL ME I'M WRONG! or imma be pissed :mad:

ep. 11

well.... what a confusing episode that was. I mean, I loved the fact that Hiromi and Shin seem to be closer to each other now... but what kind of ending was that? =(
I mean, why did he have to go running out for Noe? That was a pretty dumb move if you ask me, now that he almost had Hiromi in his bed (or him in hers.... i guess)

I also think it's strange that we already saw Shin x Hiromi kissing.... that's the kind of scene you usually keep for the very last episode. Hopefully I'm worrying too much, but I do fear that a Noe x Shin ending might still be possible. PLEASE TELL ME I'M WRONG! or imma be pissed :mad:

ep. 11 spoiler
Yeah, I have the same sentiments. Shin needs to get his act together. For the past 10 episodes the show has over and over again reinforced Shin's strong affection for Hiromi for the viewers benefit. It's going to be bit hard to believe if all of a sudden Shin goes, "omg, I just realized I love Noe. Sorry, Hiromi, I've changed my mind since yesterday when I chased after you on my bicycle in the snow, and said I'd 'do things properly'."

LoL, does this still mean I have a Aiko x Shin chance?!?!?!?!

epi 11
Seems like Noe's brother finally realizes that he likes Noe in a different way??? When Hiromi broke up with him for good, he had the expression on his face like a light bulb just went off in his head...that or he realized that he loves Shin as well :...:

Dunno, you could say that there was a bit of foreshadowing, with Miyokichi and Aiko getting back together. Aiko finally realized that maybe she does have feelings for him? Starting the "friendship" thing over to see if it's true...maybe is foreshadowing Shin's change in heart?!?!

Nah, I'm probably wrong. From what I'm guessing, Shin made a resolution to himself that he was going to see everything through, or do everything proper, something along those lines. I think that he just wants to apologize to Noe, show her the story, realize how much of an ass he was, etc. Then run back to Hiromi. Let's see if he flops in his dance! :smile:

Nah, I'm probably wrong. From what I'm guessing, Shin made a resolution to himself that he was going to see everything through, or do everything proper, something along those lines. I think that he just wants to apologize to Noe, show her the story, realize how much of an ass he was, etc. Then run back to Hiromi. Let's see if he flops in his dance! :smile:
[/spoiler]
Actually yeah,
that makes a lot of sense. That's obviously the thing to do if Shin wants to "do everything properly", apologize to Noe first and THEN confess to Hiromi (which hasn't been done yet, technically). But Hiromi seemed disappointed after that phone call, hopefully she's not as pissed at Shin as I am >.<

Actually yeah,
that makes a lot of sense. That's obviously the thing to do if Shin wants to "do everything properly", apologize to Noe first and THEN confess to Hiromi (which hasn't been done yet, technically). But Hiromi seemed disappointed after that phone call, hopefully she's not as pissed at Shin as I am >.<

Hmmm, I don't know. Looks to me like it's going to be a happy ending for Noe.

Hmmm, I don't know. Looks to me like it's going to be a happy ending for Noe.
Hmmm I don't know about that. It could be both really, but the fact that there is two episodes left leads me to believe that the next one (12th) will used to close Noe's part of the story "properly", and the last episode might be used to have a proper shinxhiromi ending.

It could be the other way around as well, but the way ep. 11 ended I believe the 1st option is more plausible.

Back