True Tears

Hmmm I don't know about that. It could be both really, but the fact that there is two episodes left leads me to believe that the next one (12th) will used to close Noe's part of the story "properly", and the last episode might be used to have a proper shinxhiromi ending.

It could be the other way around as well, but the way ep. 11 ended I believe the 1st option is more plausible.

Or they could screw us all over and throw in a niceboat ending D:

Episode 12
I'm confused, sure it was a decent episode and all but it didn't feel like it solved anything. Shin said that he'd finnish it properly but it just feels like he muddied it even more. Guess I'll have to watch the next episode to see what happens.

aaaaah come on this is soo retarded. what kind of stupid episode was that, nothing makes sense >.<

Geez if he really is going to let Hiromi go for Noe this would be utterly stupid. She's seriously just an other clueless character who has no idea what's going outside of her little world. And if Shin falls for that in the end I'll be seriously pissed lol.

I'm so disappointed by that last episode that I'm almost hoping for a Nice Boat ending now... GO HIROMI!

aaaaah come on this is soo retarded. what kind of stupid episode was that, nothing makes sense >.<

Geez if he really is going to let Hiromi go for Noe this would be utterly stupid. She's seriously just an other clueless character who has no idea what's going outside of her little world. And if Shin falls for that in the end I'll be seriously pissed lol.

I'm so disappointed by that last episode that I'm almost hoping for a Nice Boat ending now... GO HIROMI!

EP. 12
What the hell was that? These writers are horrible, someone needs to slap them around and teach them how to not write an inconsistent story. For almost the entirety of this show they've made it clear that Shin loves Hiromi. They even gave us an episode where he ran after her and said, "I'll do everything properly." or some such. And now not only is he deliberately ignoring Hiromi and running after Noe (after Hiromi implores him not to go), but there's no possible way he couldn't know what he just did hurt her a lot. What are we to make of this idiot? Are we to suddenly believe that despite his previous lack of apparent, serious affection for Noe, he's actually in love with her and just had no idea whatsoever until now? Give me a break, there's a limit to how far beyond the realm of the remotely plausible my tolerance will stretch, and this has just pushed it past the limit.

Seriously, sometimes I wonder why I watch these shows, because a fundamental inconsistency which irritates me to no end is what drives so many of these stories. I could accept a male protagonist who was oblivious to a lot of different things that went on around him, even if I wouldn't like him much. But the male protagonists in these romance anime aren't that way, they are usually portrayed as having a moderate degree of perception concerning the things that go on around them-except in the case of the girl or girls that are involved with the protagonist. In these situations, the protagonist has incredibly low, or no general awareness at all, of how they see his actions, and the possible consequences of those actions. And yet, they don't provide any particular explanation for this absurd phenonenon, something that would make it intelligible that the protagonist should act in this way, like a god playing with his mind and stopping from drawing the conclusions that, given his perceptive prowess in other areas, should follow trivially, and immediately. Instead, they expect us to accept it as something ordinary and believable. I'm sorry, but these freakish occurrences are far from believable, and unless some supernatural events precipitate them, I have no choice but to assume that the script writers in this particular portion of the industry have no appreciation of how to create even a moderately believable male protagonist.

Actually, the way this particular story as developing, it SEEMED like they were "finally" writing something believable.
Yeah that deal with Jun was stupid, but still the writers made it clear that it was Hiromi who Shin loved.
EP. 12
What the hell was that? These writers are horrible, someone needs to slap them around and teach them how to not write an inconsistent story. For almost the entirety of this show they've made it clear that Shin loves Hiromi. They even gave us an episode where he ran after her and said, "I'll do everything properly." or some such. And now not only is he deliberately ignoring Hiromi and running after Noe (after Hiromi implores him not to go), but there's no possible way he couldn't know what he just did hurt her a lot. What are we to make of this idiot? Are we to suddenly believe that despite his previous lack of apparent, serious affection for Noe, he's actually in love with her and just had no idea whatsoever until now? Give me a break, there's a limit to how far beyond the realm of the remotely plausible my tolerance will stretch, and this has just pushed it past the limit.
Amen brother, that's exactly how I feel... Maybe, MAYBE things will get fixed in ep. 13... but somehow I highly doubt it.

If we really end up getting a Noe ending "oooh I'm finally crying, thanks Shin I love you so much !", True Tears will without a doubt become one of the most inconsistent show ever.

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!!! Wait a minute!

:...:

Maybe I'll get my Aiko ending?!?!?!?!?! :!!:

lol at this point nothing would surprise me. Maybe killer tomato aliens will attack with thunder and fury, bringing a reign of a terror that even Shin'ichiro will be unable to halt.

Like the one from School Days? Lol. That was something :))
Lets face it: Hiromi and Noe are bouth stupid. I wouldn't want him to end up with any of them.
BTW: is just me or romance animes lately have become worser than before. Except for Nana I haven't seened a decent new romance anime for ages. And Nana vas actualy a drama. Jezz...

I watched Nodame: it is in my watched list XD. A verry good anime indeed: but with not so much romance in it. I mean kissing parts and stuff. For me Nodame is an anime for thouse who like a good comedi and classic music ^^.
P.S.: the animation was ok. Shoujo style :)

I watched the final episode and I have to say, while that was my preferred outcome, I don't actually like any of the characters, and I felt like choking Shin to death at various points, especially ep. 12.
I felt like laughing at Shin for being such a moron. He was crying because he had to let Noe go, even though he wanted to keep both her and Hiromi.

Just watched the final episode:

and just like Ingrey, I'm sort of glad it ended it the ONLY logically possible way, but somehow I think that the ending was kinda weak. I mean, they spent more air time showing Noe standing still in the wind than showing Shin and Hiromi "officially" together as a couple... I dunno, maybe it's just me but the story was about those 2 to begin with, right?

Anyway, I'm glad they didn't pull a nice-boat on us. Also, I just realized that in the end, when you look back in time, everything makes "a little" more sense (especially everything about Hiromi).
So basically my advice to anyone interested in watching True Tears, do it in one sitting if possible. Because, watching it on a weekly basis was a total pain... The story is feels extremely inconsistent at times, and the "execution" (might be a bad french-to-english translation on my part here, but plz excuse my lack of a better word :p) is really awkward.

I'm so gonna watch this again in a few weeks/months, and that times I'll make sure to do it quick and see if the storyline is any more coherent.
There's no doubt doubt that True Tears is a beauty to watch, and the sound/music is a lot better than average. This might be a 4/5 stars for me, but I'll wait a bit to see how much it grows on me :p

Oh and if anyone is wondering what I mean by "inconsistent", this should be self-explanatory :
48495964aj1.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely robbed, I was sure he was going to go for Noe. I despise Hiromi's character, and adore Noe. Though I did like how Ai want back to Miyokichi, Miyokichi being my 2nd favourite char after Noe. Overall it was a good watch, but could have been made so much better.

[WARNING: IF YOU INTEND TO WATCH THIS SHOW, DO NOT READ]

I will start by saying that True Tears ISN’T a bad show. In fact, it has a lot of good elements, like art and stuff, but you won’t be hearing any of that in this review. This is a RANT. Because while I have an obligation to rate it decently, I can safely say I HATED True Tears.

And when it comes down to it 100% of the reason is that prior to watching it was apoiled for me that he ends up with Hiromi. LEt me tell you what this meant for me. By the end of episode 3 I had reached the point of thinking ‘this better fucking at least turn out well for Noe or I’ll be pissed.’ By episode 6 or so I was outright defensive. Unless Noe where to have a really good ending, this would be a fucking war. You see, when I’m already aware that her ending isn’t going to be the happier one, then every hardship she goes through means another thing she may or may not be reciprocated for.

I will also say this - I don’t hold it against Shinichiro or Hiromi - they had their own little emotions or whatever and this show, unlike most of these TOTAL ASS love rhombuses was pretty realistic. It never reached the point of being Totally Overblown Bullshit. In fact, I would consider True Tears a sort of drama-lite series. It’s probably the least dramatic eroge adaption ever. And believe me, that’s not a bad thing. However, honestly, after seeing ef, such matters are superfluous since ef ruined me toward romance shows (I had thought it was temporary but I guess not.) But honestly, this isn’t getting to the issue.

I. FUCKING. LOVE. NOE. Aside from probably ranking somewhere on my Most Awesome Character Designs Ever list, she had a beautiful soul, a great personality, and what’s more she might be THE only character in ANY romance series who never did anything to make me hate them just a bit. Even in ef there were times for the girls where I got pissed at them, but not Noe. She consistently appealed to me throughout the entire show, and she gets the short end of the stick.

Oh, sure, it’s not like she died. She probably was able to find her wings some time later on, make friends, whatever, but the bottom line is that the show ends with her not being happy. Honestly? I don’t care that she isn’t with Shinichiro. He wasn’t a bad guy, but I don’t think he could’ve ever really leveled with her. The only thing that matters is that I sat around possed off for 13 episodes and my off-pissedness was not alleiviated by the end of the show.

In the end I have a choice to like this show just a little simply for having Noe, or I can fucking loath the piece of shit for not treating her right. Whatever. I’m going to go imagine my own happy ending for her.

Back