Steins;Gate 0

Episode 2:

Great episode and it does a good job keeping that sorrowful mood going with some good comedy bits so we don't completely drown in sadness and misery. Poor Okarin. His Engrish was amazingly hilarious. I had to laugh my ass off.

This is ZK admitting he actually liked the episode and more Steins was not a mistake. Man, he acts like a weird ass tsun about this show for some reason. =D

I'll give it this. It was better than Doggystyle in the Spanxx teen wangst edition.

I'll admit I like this when I hear a Mad Scientist Son of a bitch!

Also, I'd like to know what the season is actually going to be about first. These episodes were just reintroducing the characters and explaining the new technology.

I'll give it this. It was better than Doggystyle in the Spanxx teen wangst edition.

I'll admit I like this when I hear a Mad Scientist Son of a bitch!

Also, I'd like to know what the season is actually going to be about first. These episodes were just reintroducing the characters and explaining the new technology.
Don't let the tsun set your underpants on fire.

intriguing episode.

Though he's struggling to be emo, I can feel HOOOOIN KYOMA!!! awakening. I hope, the plot of this season rivals the cleverness of the 1st, even if it doesn't, it turns out I just like the characters enough to enjoy the ride anyways.

Episode 2

Yes! Steins;Gate 0 is doing it and I am so happy I am seeing everything what I loved about the previous itteration: Characters, the story, the looks, the drama and the humor. The pace is also the one I was used to, I literally have 0 complaints!

There is still too few revealed, but I am happy to see Makise returning. I expected this to be more grim; it still is no happiness, but Makise being on his mobile phone opens up a lot of options to either have funny conversations or to drown in sorrow almost at the author's will. Both works for me.

Okarin's engrish is busted, but I must say I was laughing more when the professor was mixing his english and then actually spoke japanese in a more western accent. Liked the detail of the scientist girl's mixed shoes.

'Lintahlo! Hey boooy, wassup?!" - I didn't laugh harder for a long time, this is pure genius.

Not much more to say. How it is slow there is not logically much happening, but I am damn enjoying this. Yes again!

Last edited:
Eh...

A part of me wishes that somehow I hadn't played the VN before I watched the show. However, the main problem I have is that even without thinking like that... This almost feels like it's just dragging. There isn't a real feel to what the main plot might be, but even I'm wondering how they're going to make the added on content make sense in the anime.

As the endings for this one varied a lot, I can't even imagine what ending they'll even go for.

I also wish that there was something more drawing from the ending and opening.

ep 2

No matter how much criticism is there, I will still enjoy watching this show.
But if I had to nitpick
-although it makes sense to use CG on computerized Kurisu, I think I would have preferred it without.
-it's very lacking in nibs of scientific references the original series used to throw, and not much is explained about the AI experiment except some reapplication from Kurisu's theory from the original series.
-I need some more tutturus, el psy congroos, and Okarin charisma regardless of the mood of the series. 3 christinas said normally and professor's english is barely enough to keep me from explosion.

I do agree professor's English was funny, but the way he pronounced rintarou, i bet my top dollar most americans would pronounce it the same way also.

ep 2
But if I had to nitpick
-although it makes sense to use CG on computerized Kurisu, I think I would have preferred it without.

The wife and I both found this part to be pretty clever. It's one of the best reasons for CG I've seen. It's actually a good reminder that he's not talking to the real Kurisu, but an advanced AI with her memories.

Pretty much my hope is this initial part of the series is How Okarin Got His Groove Back. He showed some small signs that he's still in there in the first episode. This episode his conversations with Kurisu start to bring that out even more. He's suffering from a pretty deep guilt complex so it's going to take a while, but even if the show can get him back a bit before it starts the plot then it should be enough for him to have some of his old flair.

The wife and I both found this part to be pretty clever. It's one of the best reasons for CG I've seen. It's actually a good reminder that he's not talking to the real Kurisu, but an advanced AI with her memories.

Pretty much my hope is this initial part of the series is How Okarin Got His Groove Back. He showed some small signs that he's still in there in the first episode. This episode his conversations with Kurisu start to bring that out even more. He's suffering from a pretty deep guilt complex so it's going to take a while, but even if the show can get him back a bit before it starts the plot then it should be enough for him to have some of his old flair.

Well, this series is a setup to how
Okarin gets the video from his future self in ep 24
of the original series, so it's probable he would not be back at full-tilt mad scientist, but I sure want to hear more of his ridiculous roasts and laugh if we can.
4eb25b6a39e9d5fe2e111b7fc3c4dcbed48177b7_hq.gif

Also this gif is hurting my eyes way too much.

Ep. 2:
How did he understand him if he doesn't speak japanese?
The OP is medicre, Morsov.
Please don't make the new girl fall in love with Okarin. Please don't make the new girl fall in love with Okarin. Please don't make the new girl fall in love with Okarin...
How does he remember her exact words? I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.
Oh. That's why he understood him.
Why does the girl have to be a tsundere? We get rid of one, only for her to be replaced by another.
Lel at thet Enrgish. :D
I don't remember Kurisu being this nice. All I remember is her being tsundere.
The secondary characters feel completely redundant yet again.
There it is. There's the Kurisu tsundere. Lovely.
Today's episode felt too long. But overall it's a more promising start than the first season's one.

Ep. 2:
Please don't make the new girl fall in love with Okarin. Please don't make the new girl fall in love with Okarin. Please don't make the new girl fall in love with Okarin...

It's a VN, Okarin is the main character. It's gonna happen.

How does he remember her exact words? I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.

It'd be easier to remember life if it came with a script. Okarin is just cheating because he read the script.

Why does the girl have to be a tsundere? We get rid of one, only for her to be replaced by another.
Japan has terrible taste in women.

Lel at thet Enrgish. :D
Excerrent.

I don't remember Kurisu being this nice. All I remember is her being tsundere.
The AI is still learning.

There it is. There's the Kurisu tsundere. Lovely.

That didn't take long.

How dreadful of me to not have started this nor watched the alternate episode 23 yet despite the fact S;G is one of my favourite shows. I will rectify this!

I'm probably gonna get a lot of flak for this post...

The original series was alright, although it's way too overhyped and not at all as clever as people claim it is,
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on Steins;Gate. Second half was good but the first half was painful to sit through and made worse by the fact that I just found myself irritated by a good portion of the characters.

As for Steins;Gate 0... meh. It just reminded me of how painful the first half of the original was for me (to a somewhat lesser extent),
but a bit worse due to Kurisu (one of the few characters I actually liked in the original) being dead and now a phone app more or less. I get that's kind of the point due to this being a different timeline and such but I dunno, this doesn't sit well with me. I don't particularly like these new characters either and I have mixed feelings over Okabe here. I couldn't stand his obnoxious shit in the first half of the original, but I liked him more when he got serious in the second half. Here he's basically a wreck and I get that there's reasons for it and such. I'm just so bleh towards pretty much every aspect of these two episodes that I just don't care much at all.

To sum it up this more or less feels like an unneeded follow up. The first series already told a fairly satisfying story and this just feels unnecessary. I've seen parallel universe/timeline stories done better elsewhere anyways (Zero Escape trilogy and Bioshock Infinite for example).

Please don't kill me. I'm just not a fan of Steins;Gate in general. :-(

Steins;Gate wasn't clever as far as the science fiction aspects go and I think the story was convoluted in that regard. It was entirely held together by the characters of Okabe and Makise. I mean, I have a hard time considering it a science fiction series entirely. I think it's more a romance anime between two wonderfully autistic weirdos. With lots of time travel and other stuff.

For me the series is entirely propelled by characters that have endured in my memory for half a decade. Like, Okabe is my spirit animal.

Reactions: Zed
I'm probably gonna get a lot of flak for this post...

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on Steins;Gate. Second half was good but the first half was painful to sit through and made worse by the fact that I just found myself irritated by a good portion of the characters.

As for Steins;Gate 0... meh. It just reminded me of how painful the first half of the original was for me (to a somewhat lesser extent),
but a bit worse due to Kurisu (one of the few characters I actually liked in the original) being dead and now a phone app more or less. I get that's kind of the point due to this being a different timeline and such but I dunno, this doesn't sit well with me. I don't particularly like these new characters either and I have mixed feelings over Okabe here. I couldn't stand his obnoxious shit in the first half of the original, but I liked him more when he got serious in the second half. Here he's basically a wreck and I get that there's reasons for it and such. I'm just so bleh towards pretty much every aspect of these two episodes that I just don't care much at all.

To sum it up this more or less feels like an unneeded follow up. The first series already told a fairly satisfying story and this just feels unnecessary. I've seen parallel universe/timeline stories done better elsewhere anyways (Zero Escape trilogy and Bioshock Infinite for example).

Please don't kill me. I'm just not a fan of Steins;Gate in general. :-(
My thoughts too. It was good, but painful to watch and I can't say I enjoyed it much. Wasn't interested in this at all when it was announced, but I might consider watching it depending on what people say. 23 episodes is a long time though, and I can't really see how there's that much story left to tell without making 3/4 of it fillery nonsense.

I've seen parallel universe/timeline stories done better elsewhere anyways (Zero Escape trilogy and Bioshock Infinite for example).
3 words: The. Tatami. Galaxy.

That's how you make parallel universe/timeline series. Steins;Gate look like something made by a 3 year old in comparison. Never mind the plot (for spoilers sake), just look at are the secondary characters. Do Faris, Ruka, and (apart from that one scene) Moeka have absolutely any reason at all to be there, except for harem purposes? No. It pretty much all depends on Okarin and Makise, and the other characters are just sort of ... there.

Reactions: Zed
Well, this series is a setup to how
Okarin gets the video from his future self in ep 24

Well thanks.....................would have appreciated a VN spoiler warning................ you just robbed me of a big......."ohhhhhhh THAT'S what this is about!!!" moment.........................

<_<

Well thanks.....................would have appreciated a VN spoiler warning................ you just robbed me of a big......."ohhhhhhh THAT'S what this is about!!!" moment.........................

<_<
Yeah......... that's a pretty big spoiler. <_< And this coming from someone who HAS read the entire VN. lol

Dang, I'm sorry you had that spoiled. That's probably the biggest and most awesome twist in the entire Steins;Gate franchise. Seriously, people need to be careful with that............. I mean, even in MyAnimeList, there are warnings that the discussion needs to be restricted to the anime only (or manga, if it's the manga forum), so spoilers about VNs and the like is usually not allowed.

OT: Episode 2 was yet another emotional gut-punch to the feels. Me liking the anime so far. I like that it's taking a slower pace to have Okarin reflect on certain tragedies in the past. Usually, anime adaptations can have this urgency to rush through the plot, so it's nice to have these focused moments and develop the characters' feelings about events.

Also, that dang Kurisu joke in the latter-half of the episode. Got me lmao.

Back