Steins;Gate 0

Well yeah.

Considering the original is in my anime top 3, there is a chance that that reveal could have gave me a dopamine spike so massive, that I considered it an all time great moment in anime...........

Now 2 episodes in, I already know what everything is leading up to, and thus EVERYTHING will be greatly diluted have less impact even if the specifics haven't been outline in that spoiler.

To just nonchalantly throw out an unknown focus of a show nobody would know without poking around the wrong places on the internet or reading the source is a big deal and pretty careless.

I don't want THIS PLACE to be considered one of those "wrong places on the internet". SO for everyone's sake I'm making a big deal over it.

Well yeah.

Considering the original is in my anime top 3, there is a chance that that reveal could have gave me a dopamine spike so massive, that I considered it an all time great moment in anime...........

Now 2 episodes in, I already know what everything is leading up to, and thus EVERYTHING will be greatly diluted have less impact even if the specifics haven't been outline in that spoiler.

To just nonchalantly throw out an unknown focus of a show nobody would know without poking around the wrong places on the internet or reading the source is a big deal and pretty careless.

I don't want THIS PLACE to be considered one of those "wrong places on the internet". SO for everyone's sake I'm making a big deal over it.
If it makes you feel any better, after I read the VN and got through the twist and all that... I felt like SG0 was a bit... redundant. Just a bit. It felt like an extra piece of side story that's kinda interesting, but dilutes what was already a masterpiece on its own. Just putting it out there.

Doesn't seem like much of a spoiler to me as that's the most obvious direction for the plot to take. Either way everyone should be more careful with VN spoilers. If you want to discuss the VN past what's happened in the anime, then make the thread for it in the Entertainment section of the forum. For this thread don't discuss the events in the VN past where the anime is. That includes hinting about future events.

Okay I'm slightly lost and would like a kick in the ass to start me back up. Why is Kurisu dead in this one? I thought in the last one she went back to America. Or is this like a different time line? Is this some kind of other universe different from the beta? Just kinda lost.
Episode 2!!
after watching Missing Link /0:
Started out pretty great. Waiting for his craziness to come out but after seeing the last episode it just got really dark. Like, YES I'm aware I don't gotta get kicked in the feels more. She turned into an AI but with only memories for that world? Is there a way to actually access other memories?

Woo, just want an episode asap, great start for episode 2 and love it.

Last edited:
Okay I'm slightly lost and would like a kick in the ass to start me back up. Why is Kurisu dead in this one? I thought in the last one she went back to America. Or is this like a different time line? Is this some kind of other universe different from the beta? Just kinda lost.
Episode 2!!

Watch this OVA if you haven't seen it: https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/steins-gate-kyoukaimenjou-no-missing-link-divide-by-zero
But yes, this is an alternative timeline where Okabe fails to save Kurisu.

Well thanks.....................would have appreciated a VN spoiler warning................ you just robbed me of a big......."ohhhhhhh THAT'S what this is about!!!" moment.........................

<_<

Before anything, first off, I apologize if you felt cheated of a surprise, anyone who felt that way.
Okay.
I did not play the VN. I DID NOT PLAY THE VN.
I did not read a detailed explanation or spoiler from anywhere else.

But I thought it was the logical conclusion to be reached after the alternate ending episode was released as a prelude to this series: a connector, they said. I thought everyone was on the same page, you know, that
this series was gonna be about Okabe failing to save Kurisu and what made him want to try again to save her
it wasn't intentional and I will be careful from now on.

Well, it's a 2 cour show...............

I wasn't expecting Okabe to spend 20 plus episodes on the giving up note. I expected him to eventually get back on track.

It's been a long time since I watched anything related to this series so details on how this would probably connect hasn't crossed my mind to that extent. If I had refreshed shortly before the sis season began, I may have come to that conclusion, as that was like the least explained occurrence in the main series.

I'm fine with predictions, right or wrong, but that delivery came off as in the know. Even if I eventually came to that conclusion early, I'd likely phrase it was...."This is probably going to be about"...... rather than "this is about"

Especially with so many people chiming in this thread that HAVE played the VN, that's how it came off.

Episode 3

If someone ever played any VN, then this episode was a typical VN excursion. Again, slow paced, the music, pointing out and giving time to all the characters and meddling about not important stuff. Yes, this big reunion was probably needed and expected, though it toned down the seriousness of the plot very low, almost going to levels of "Why am I watching this?". But I still hone a fond memory of the characters and thus I don't mind the nostalgic return to the lab, though they could spare me of a bit annoying Farys-nyan (She knows about the time machine? I might have missed something). For me, the comedic throne moved from Okabe right to the proffesor and his VA is tearing me in laughter. He should have called hi across the street with the "Lintahlo, hey boiii, wassup?!". And hey, gotta play the traps when they are called like that, right?

I guess we are waiting for Okabe to tell the group about Kurise on her phone, there probably is no way avoiding that forever. The interference of the lab girl (can't remember her name) felt a little too rushed, since I am sure Okabe is not that fully immersed and is still in reality - but then he lives through a shock (also a bit rushed and forced, but ok) and I wonder if Okabe is going to fall into a depression again.

It had good nostalgic feelings when Kurisu was shown the lab again and when Okabe explained the persuasive Kurise the origin of Christina.

It wasn't as good as I would have wanted and expected, but can't say it was bad by any means. Who loves S;G won't mind seeing their favorite characters in their natural habitat.

Ep 3

Biggest stand out was the over hinting that Myushi is either jealous or feels left out by Okabe's secret phone girl. They already showed her glancing at him the last episode when he was on it, then there was the "he already has someone he likes" comment, int erupting the conversation in the lap, then eavesdropping on the roof..................it's a bit much.........we get it show........

other than that.........hmmm.......nothing really other than Okabe predictably slipping deeper into the "can't tell if AI or human" zone. Good thing midget scientist snapped him out of it before he went full crazy mode and started planning his wedding with his phone.

Ep 3

Biggest stand out was the over hinting that Myushi is either jealous or feels left out by Okabe's secret phone girl. They already showed her glancing at him the last episode when he was on it, then there was the "he already has someone he likes" comment, int erupting the conversation in the lap, then eavesdropping on the roof..................it's a bit much.........we get it show........

other than that.........hmmm.......nothing really other than Okabe predictably slipping deeper into the "can't tell if AI or human" zone. Good thing midget scientist snapped him out of it before he went full crazy mode and started planning his wedding with his phone.

You don't want an anime version of Her starring Okabe?

I'm going to drop it at this point. One of the main problems I had with the visual novel is how much is added in rather than put in organically... I can take that in a visual novel because I can skip stuff, but the anime is still a bit too slow.

Also, let's talk about how we basically can't seem to have anything happen without having new characters constantly barging in. I feel that the original Steins Gate had a better way of introducing characters. Unfortunately, it's not as effective if you're talking to virtual people without Okabe's mental dialogue. I just can't see why it just doesn't translate as well as the original.

Ep. 3:
Mayushii and Okarin might make a perfect couple, but I can't see them that way. They're more like siblings in my eyes.
I like the difference in animation between Makise and the real world. It's scary how real she feels.
"Daga, otoko da." :DDD
But the series so far doesn't really have any point yet, and I can't say I'm bored, exactly, but I'm not entertained either. So far, this still feels like a cash grab and nothing more. But I'm ready to be proven wrong.

ep 4

I feel like we've been over this multiple times already.
This show is completely different from the previous series in terms of atmosphere and character interaction.
So to look for the exact same charm and way of doing things is kind of off the point.
The input of old gags
e.g. 'but he's a boy' joke
are enough to get a smile from me but not for laughing out loud.

Okabe slowly gaining some of his previous energy and at the same time get used to Amadeus as if she was Kurisu I feel was done pretty good.
Putting aside the introduction of cosplay friend 1 and 2, an unnecessary character expansion,
Mayuri starting to have feelings for Okabe, that I could do without.
Even if it was based on VN, as an anime, it would surely creak under the weight of 3 heroines.
It's also kind of sudden and way different from how they interacted with each other in the previous season.

Not the best episode, but still enjoying it enough.
Can you scream normally though, Okabe, dude

What's up. Dubscrub supreme here, to mock you all with my english audio superiority. /s
Episode 1

Hell yeah.

That cold opening was great.

The new VA for mayuri isn't bad(at least she can tuturu just fine), and they've kept the rest of the cast the same, luckily for me. Ruka is ESPECIALLY the same one as before. So my ears are very happy.
:love:
Oh and uh besides VA's... yup. This episode was exactly as good as I expected, and pretty much the tone and everything else I expected, which means good in this case. I was happy to see the screentime everything got here, and while I'll miss Okabe's mad scientist act; his character is still there, just, very, very broken.

I'm excited to see where this goes especially with the reveal at the end. From what I've heard this becomes a pretty depressing psychological struggle for Okabe. I'm happy with this new tone, but I can only hope the supporting cast can lighten the atmosphere enough to not be a total edgefest.

Ah and the new character, the "Legal Loli" Is the same (dub) VA as Kaede Kayano, so now I have even more excuses to use this gif.
af475303.gif

Legal Loli FTW.
I liked it!

Ep. 4:
Cryptic ... future ... flashbacks? Dreams? For the sake of cryptic future flashbacks alone or for setting up an actual plot?
Makise's twin? I hope she's twice as tsundere.
It's going to be Moeka, isn't it.
It is indeed. Where's my money?
Still waiting for this to git gud.

Episode 04

This episode brought back something that I missed, "But, he's a man". now we just not the "Sonuvabitch", then this sequel is gonna be perfect.

Weirdly enough, the conflict in this season seems far more interesting than the previous season, instead of changing most of the timeline in the first half, only to work on undoing it all in the second, if it can just retain the same amount of good then I might end up rating it higher.

Though so far, I'm quite confused, if Makise is in reality also a time traveller, then how come Suzuha didn't recognize her, I remember her recognizing her in the first season as the person who made the break through in creating the time machine, but not as the person who came with her, how many people with long red hair would a person know anyway.

It feels like they're writing the story without much care for what was previously said, please don't fuck this up because of minor stupid shit like this.

Episode 4

Episode 04

This episode brought back something that I missed, "But, he's a man". now we just not the "Sonuvabitch", then this sequel is gonna be perfect.

Weirdly enough, the conflict in this season seems far more interesting than the previous season, instead of changing most of the timeline in the first half, only to work on undoing it all in the second, if it can just retain the same amount of good then I might end up rating it higher.

Though so far, I'm quite confused, if Makise is in reality also a time traveller, then how come Suzuha didn't recognize her, I remember her recognizing her in the first season as the person who made the break through in creating the time machine, but not as the person who came with her, how many people with long red hair would a person know anyway.

It feels like they're writing the story without much care for what was previously said, please don't fuck this up because of minor stupid shit like this.

You bank everything on the assumption Kagari is Makise, which I actually don't think so. I don't think it does sense. If she isn't, then what? She has red hair, yes, but that doesn't make it confirmed. I think she could be maybe a daughter of Okabe and Makise in another timeline? I don't have much of an idea. Will have to wait.

Ok, so we are getting this first bits of the classic S;G setup episodes where not much makes sense and later it will all line up. The obvious attention got the WW3 scene and Okabe's Reading Steiner being alarmed, which means there has been some timeline change. He runs towards Mayuri, frightened, probably expecting she maybe is not alive? This kind of behaviour wouldn't again make sense if we were in the same timeline. Also his look on the table, probably missing something, is a slight confirmation.

Everyone on 99% expected Moeka is the one who is going to appear at the end. I have a feeling this time she will not play the bad one and will be helpful. I expect the redhead Kagari being the one who is influecing the timelines somehow, but can't understand what is Amadeus-Makise's role in this.

Yep, slower, a little bit more boring than the others, but I am sure the setup will pay off.

ep4.............

I also don't think the new red head chick is Makise

EDIT: though I think she is connected to the american professor, before she spazzes out and grabs the gun, it looks like his mouth saying something to her. There is also his disappearing act in the episode, kinda confirms he's gonna get wrapped up in this more than he already is.

Last edited:
You bank everything on the assumption Kagari is Makise, which I actually don't think so. I don't think it does sense. If she isn't, then what? She has red hair, yes, but that doesn't make it confirmed. I think she could be maybe a daughter of Okabe and Makise in another timeline? I don't have much of an idea. Will have to wait.
Like I said, I'm confused, she clearly resembles Makise, so if she wasn't her, she must be a relative, like her mother, since she could have gotten married and had Makise after she was separated from Suzuha. but that still confuses me, how come Suzuha never saw the resemblance between them. if they weren't related, then the whole thing would be just tactless misleading from the creator, and I don't appreciate that kind of trolling. though like you said it's too soon to judge, even the original was mostly a mess that came together by the end of it, I hope this does the same.

Like I said, I'm confused, she clearly resembles Makise, so if she wasn't her, she must be a relative, like her mother, since she could have gotten married and had Makise after she was separated from Suzuha. but that still confuses me, how come Suzuha never saw the resemblance between them. if they weren't related, then the whole thing would be just tactless misleading from the creator, and I don't appreciate that kind of trolling. though like you said it's too soon to judge, even the original was mostly a mess that came together by the end of it, I hope this does the same.

Well I don't see how it can be her daughter either. I don't know how it'd be possible for her daughter to exist in a world that her mother died in before giving birth.

Back