ORESUKI: Are you the only one who loves me?

I still don't get why Jouro insists to hate her. There is no reason.

She escalated the first arcs events more than needed to solve the situation and actively invades his privacy as well as approaching him in what the Japanese would regard an offensive manner as directness is generally viewed less favourable than smoothing things over by smooth talking or even staying silent. This and of course she's rough around the edges which doesn't fit the idealic well mannered ''bishoujo''

While it could be seen as ''teasing'' her love interest her remarks to Joro in public and in private aren't something most people would appreciate either being often downright something that teenagers would feel is social public execution or at least upsetting in a none playful way.

She's literally self-sabotaging scenes that could be romantic with Joro and it might actually be intentional for all we know. Most of the time she's actively trying to scare him away, make him cringe or annoy him. Any romantic moment she has with Joro generally ends with her ruining the mood herself. She might be doing this for the interests of the other heroines but this was already the case before they even came into the picture as potential love interests so I doubt it unless the writing is that bad.

Joro also doesn't hate her, obviously, he sees her as a friend an attractive one at that and wouldn't mind having her in his harem as hinted at but he obviously finds her crazy privacy invading somewhat manipulative uncensored personality unattractive at this point.

Overall, she comes across as crazy and there's a saying about putting your thing in crazy being a bad idea.

Last edited:
I still don't get why Jouro insists to hate her. There is no reason.
The other events in this show are reasonably logical when you consider their age, but this hate is still unexplained

She reminds him of himself and he hates himself. That's why she's best suited for him - she likes 'him' not the mask he wears.

I'm surprised how much I dig this show by the way. The animation is off-putting for some reason but I like the main protagonist.

Episode 10

This episode is mostly side plot with implications for the future developments. Overall this episode had some nice surprises along it's run. Though super-manager is almost nearing being as annoying as Cosmos at her worst. Otherwise there's not really anything going on to develop characters albeit it adds backstory it doesn't really change anything. Most of this episode is just a detour to get to the later reveal and build up for the presumably final arc. It seems we're taking a rather predictable route from now on. There might be some twists and turns to still get a harem ending but otherwise the chosen girl is fairly clear.

Cosmos: drama/5
Pansy: 2.5/5
Himawari: 2.75/5
Tsundere: 3/5
Tsubaki: 2.5/5
Sun-chan: ?/5
Asunaro 2.75/5
Pan- something: 2/5

EP 10:
This ep was mostly fluff, but for the next ep why are they closing the library? That just seems like a cheap idea for plot. There's no reason to close a schools library. You might as well close the school if you can't manage the cost of running a library. I know I shouldn't expect any depth from this series.

Is anyone familiar enough with the source material or creators to know whether there is a moral or deeper meaning to this anime—the reason for every story arc being about people elaborately deceiving one another?

I unabashedly love this shit fire. This show constantly takes the wind out of its own sails and then refuses to even admit or recognize that it's a boat.

I don't think it's brilliant, but I do think it's a lot of fun. There is just no fucking chemistry or motive for anything, and that's hilarious if intentional (although I do doubt it...)

Whatever, I enjoy Bench-kun's Body Count: The Animation and hope it doesn't end in a cliche pile of nothing like it's going to.

Mystery out of 10 points.

This anime isn't a full cup of tea. But It's a Harem. Although it is quite Cliche with some other unique elements such as other characters stealing BRUH. It's basically a form of netorare. Which I fricking HATE. I don't know if the true purpose is to make the viewer jealous or trying to find another way of portraying a harem.

Guess what anime had a harem and also netorare?

School Days although it is less corrupted than School days (duh).

Why do these two look so much alike?
kSrXp5L.png

So is this guy the one she's been avoiding?

That's it? That's the reason? ...

Basically opposite of Joro, who is a jerk but has good outcomes.

Episode 11

The plot got rolling and I guess we should sympathise. Honest this episode was mostly reveals and stuff so I can't really judge anyone other than Pansy...

Actually, I guess I can't give her much since she's an exposition machine this episode, eh.

Cosmos: na/5
Pansy: 2.5/5
Himawari: na/5
Tsundere: na/5
Tsubaki: na/5
Sun-chan: na/5
Asunaro na/5
Pan- something: na/5

Any announcement about the ending of the story?

By the way, nice to see the Jouro interacting with the script. That definitely increases the "comedy" of the romcom.

I feel like they rushed on the confessions. Was expecting more long, dramatic and moe scenes.
Sorry if that was spoiler, I couldnt find the marker to hide...

Last edited:
Any announcement about the ending of the story?

By the way, nice to see the Jouro interacting with the script. That definitely increases the "comedy" of the romcom.

I feel like they rushed on the confessions. Was expecting more long, dramatic and moe scenes.
Sorry if that was spoiler, I couldnt find the marker to hide...

It's the button next to the media button ( right from the image button and smiley button.

Episode 12

Honestly, this setup is actually something I can honestly say I dislike. It's needlessly convoluted and adding the darn game into it just feels so forced. Even as a reference to how this whole situation started it just feels ridiculously disconnected with what was going on in episodes prior to this one. Betting it all on something that's ultimately a gamble is something that just doesn't fit in this situation and isn't really that amusing by itself either.

That said, whole whole setup is convoluted. You can see if coming from miles away what is going to happen in the next episode. Even if she's not his by the end of this series she will probably end up with him anyway. It's an obvious double turncoat setup. Personally I would have liked to see the plot be crazy and out there but still have some internal logic to it instead of just having an element out of the left field included for the sake of having an ending a certain way. The best thing I could see coming from this is an actual upset with the game ultimately being lost but things still ending up ''the right way'' for where this anime was heading.

Let's not speak of the girls timing with this either with their Cosmos and Himawari still seemingly suffer from ''romantic'' saviour complex which is hard to validate as actual love whilst Asunaru doesn't have this she's ultimately just a side-character and questionable ethics that is all the more fitting for this series. Speaking of Cosmos, she's still a pointless comedy relief character who's ultimately only been a device for the plot these last few episodes.

It also kind of feels out of character for Pansy to not just call the girls beside you know who out for being cowards as her lack of tact was fairly substantial during most of the series even if it only was towards Joro it feels like having no tact at all would be more natural than whatever shrinking voilet moment is going on right now.

I just hope this next episode has a comedic high-point, so far the best comedy in the last episodes feel like they are from the tsundere side-character who is so ridiculously useless that her role in this show is basically being a better-than-cosmos comedic relief character that has no business being another character beside the already almost pointless cosmos.

Overall, I can't say this episode was funny to me for the most part. It felt too all over the place and the developments in it have little sense to them even if the girls reactions were suitable it ultimately falls flat due to the sheer absurdity of what this plot entails and worse yet this absurd plot is represented as a solution to a serious problem that shouldn't exist if anyone would just speak out.

also; cosmos is a terrible character

Cosmos: 1/5
Angsty: 2.5/5
Himawari: na/5
Tsundere: 3/5
Tsubaki: na/5
Sun-chan: na/5
Asunaro 2.5/5
Pan- something: na/5

I really didn't like this show. It felt like every episode was shit happening and them explaining what was actually going on in the shadows to Joro while he puts together an invisible puzzle we have no clues for so it all feels random and convoluted. Or people just being shitty and manipulate, etc.

Not really my cup of tea. It was boring more than it was entertaining. I found myself anxious for episodes to end already while watching the show. It had a few good moments, but not enough to carry the whole anime.

2/5

Rant.

I wanted to like this anime so much, but man... everything promised in the beginning was quickly discarded for bland, typical fluff.

My favorite part of this anime is that right off the bat, they are like "oh, this romcom you mean? You thought you were getting the same old? NAAAAH. Our MC is a TOTAL DICK and the girl loves that about him! But get this, she's going to turn out to be his dream girl, and she's going to *director taking a moment to regain his composure after laughing* she unbuttons her shirt, and takes off her magical glasses and braids that completely magical girl transform her to an ugly girl somehow, and even then, MC will have no interest for REASONS.

You liked the MC of My Teen Romantic Comedy being a dick to cope with loneliness and shoulder the burden of shame for his loved ones? We're doing that, BUT COMEDY!"

Then three episodes in, they're like "actually, he has a heart of gold, and he's kind of dumb, and he's not the most handsome, and he certainly doesn't have any chemistry with the girls but particularly not with Cosmos (who exists for some reason) but boy howdy he certainly is bland. Come watch some of the same old shit.

Also, let's end in a gamble, because womens is properties and we're playing for pink slips, sucka!"

It's hard to like a main character who is consistently not getting something that everyone else around him is getting, unless you specifically make that a comedic point (but they much more often use that to fund the dramatic points).

Some more slices of p r o b l e m a t i c:

• Remember when on-again-off-again good/bad guy Sun straight up threatens sexual violence in the library?
  • Remember how quickly every character just forgave that? Japan?!!
  • Remember how we're told the girl loves MC because he's kind but can be a dick to get his way?
  • Remember when that actually winds up describing Sun significantly more?
  • Remember when Cosmos serves no purpose?
  • Remember when Hose's entire arc was built around none of them being like "you're cool, but your being here isn't, so l8ter t8ter."
  • Remember when most of the plot points relied not on the skill of talented writing but generally on the intentional withholding of information, which is a sucky writer thing to do?
  • Lastly, remember again that time he challenges a (as told through the information given) more capable man to a voting over who gets the girl? Instead of doing the easy, true-to- character thing and just lying "sorry Hose, I love her, sorry mate. Good luck with your blossoming harem." I'm still unsure why she doesn't tell Hose to piss off, actually...
  • Remember when we're told she hates Hose because he's like... too good but ignores people's desires, and that somehow makes her unable to speak to him, or something?
  • Remember we had a character named Hose? Man, that was wild.
  • Remember when newspaper-chan also didn't really serve a serious romantic threat?
  • And then remember when they made tempura-chan to also not be needed?
  • Remember how almost every girl betrays his trust and potentially ruins his school life, but then he just forgives them because he's totally not your typical romcom MC?
  • Remember Bench-kun?
  • I actually laughed about Bench-kun.

Like many romcoms, I enjoyed it in an escapist, passive way, and generally wouldn't raise such a fuss about things like this, but this series started off as something that I thought could be funny: An MC who is not desirable simply because of basic kindness. MC kun was instead a super dick, and only one girl knew that and was playing with him. Two manipulative characters trying to exist in a traditional romcom setting. Throw in some breaking of the fourth wall, and we've got ourselves a parody, boys, yee yee!

There are so many cliches out there to be played with, and certainly two darker characters being thrown into them, trying to keep those sides of themselves covered could make for fantastic comedy (and shit, that could even make good romance, as they learn to see how similar they are). Comedy or romance, either route would've been fine for me, but they instead quickly tried going for more serious drama, and the writing just could not carry the show in the direction it wanted to go.

Overall, it was disappointing. Maybe the manga or a second season could save it. Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
This started off so good. A shame it had to turn out worse than *name any romcom ever*. And the ending killed the very last piece of enjoyment one might have been able to find in the series.

0/5.

This was garbage.

Back