2021 Anime Watching Challenge discussion thread

I'm now at 361 completed titles, and am at 129th place. I also managed to get over 600+ anime watched overall, and recently got the "Wrapping Paper Hair" badge. :frustrat:

Planning on finishing Momokuri, and FMA (the original) later today. :duck:

Edit: Don't know why I said Hyakko, when I finished that ages ago. *Facepalm* I meant Momokuri.
What is the Wrapping Paper Badge for? I have finished 318 shows so far (so close to my 325 goal!) and am in place 183. I am re-watching Scumbag System right now!

New season, new shows. What is everyone watching right now? I am splitting my time between oreshura, shounen maid and God of Desolation.

Last edited:
New season, new shows. What is everyone watching right now? I am splitting my time between oreshura, shounen main and Goad of Devastation.
I just got done with Joker's Game, but I'm currently watching Bleach, Amanchu Advance, Blue Period (I marked it as "Watching" at episode 1, but Netflix hasn't released it for me yet), D_Cide Traumerei, Fena, Ore Tsushima (Web version), Scarlet Nexus, The Aquatope on White Sand, Tokyo Revengers, and Yoshimaho.

I just got done with Joker's Game, but I'm currently watching Bleach, Amanchu Advance, Blue Period (I marked it as "Watching" at episode 1, but Netflix hasn't released it for me yet), D_Cide Traumerei, Fena, Ore Tsushima (Web version), Scarlet Nexus, The Aquatope on White Sand, Tokyo Revengers, and Yoshimaho.

I have started a few seasonals too with more still to start airing. The ones I have started so far are Jobless Reincarnation 2, Restaurant to another world 2, The Fruit of Evolution, and Yashahime. Plus the leftovers of Soul Land 2 and Mo Dao Zu Shi 3.

I started Fall with Let's Make a Mug Too Season 2, Restaurant to Another World 2, and The Fruit of Evolution (one of my Lottery picks).

Continuing with The Aquatope on White Sand and Love Live! Superstar.

For Bingo I'm re-watching Nisekoi and started watching the first Tenchi Muyo! OVA and Yasuke.

My challenge

So far, this year's anime watching challenge is going very well. Today, I watched my 128th anime of this year which now ties my 2018 record. I've already beaten my 2019 and 2020 records, so once I watch one more anime I'll beat 2018 (which was my best year doing this challenge). Then, we shall see just how high I can make this year's record before the year ends.

365 anime down leaving me in place 143. This is the highest I have ever been before! I am watching The newest Pokemon Movie, Given, and a bunch of seasonals (Banished from the Hero's Party, I decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside, Soul Land 2, Mo Dao Zu Shi 3, Jobless Reincarnation Part 2, Restaurant to Another World 2, The Fruit of Evolution: Before I knew it My Life had it Made, The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat, and Yashahime 2). Wow, that's a bit of a mouthful of seasonals. What have you guys been up to?

Last edited:
421 anime watched, leaving me in 100th place. I'm hoping to finish Zettai Shonen, the seasonal one about Samurai, and the Violet Evergarden movie by later tonight or tomorrow.
I have been working on some groupwatches while I wait for my second bingo card. Currently working on Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun.

Just a few more until I get to 500. :banana:
Am almost done with The Pilot's Love Song.
What are you guy's watching?
As of right now I have made it to 428. I finished Nyan Koi! tonight and will be starting RIN-NE tomorrow after work. May watch a Detective Conan Magic File if I have time as I enjoy those quite a bit.

Wow 428. My goal was 325. I did really well this year so far!

Now I'm at 547, but yet dropped down to 70th place, and have stayed there since idk when. O_o ?

I'm watching Blade Runner: Black Lotus, Blue Period, Bai Yao Pu (which I've only been able to watch the 1st and 7th episodes fully, sadly, but luckily there are random scenes of the rest of the episodes where I watch it on), Hunter x Hunter, Kagi-Nado, Kiyo in Kyoto, Komi, Naruto Shippuden, Restaurant to Another World 2, Takt, Sakugan, Scarlet Nexus, Aquatope, and To Your Eternity.

What's everyone else watching? o:

Back