The anime stars:
Saori Ōnishi as Cheateau Dankworth
Hiro Shimono as Son Ryang-ha
Kenyuu Horiuchi as Euripedes Ritzland
Kōhei Amasaki as Jim
Tomoaki Maeno as Hou
Houchu Ohtsuka as Donny

love-of-kill-kv.jpeg

I'm looking forward to watching it. I loved the manga and I must say I have a soft spot for the Mr and Mrs Smith dynamic. Hopefully the anime version won't disappoint.

Episode 1: They're now starting to design characters without a mouth, so they don't even have to lip sync. Amazing.
It fit in the manga. But animated it just looks weird. And don't get me started on the parody of an accent they gave him. I thought he would talk kind of in a deadpan, bored tone.

So, sekuhara is the order of the day? And not the silly, fanservicey, girl-girl skinship kind. Actual sexual harassment.

Creepy.

Also yeah wtf's up with the dude with no mouth? Is he screaming internally?

I thought this was going to be a fun one but.. eh..

Dammit, concept sounded SO good, why is the male lead so creepy? I was so hoping for an enemies to lovers story or something like that. I'll probably give this a break and if it really is just gonna be like this for the whole show I'm not watching it unless I am forced to for a challenge or something.

I really, really hate the anime adaptation so far. Some issues I had:
  • "Jim"? Why? He's referred to as Indojin (lit. "Indian") in the manga. I dunno how the fuck that turned into "Jim"
  • "Jim's" voice acting is horrendous. Like Hummingbird52, I was expecting a more deadpan, serious tone. Instead he comes across as comedic relief.
  • The manga is way darker and more nitty-gritty. The anime turned parts of the story into a goddamn slice-of-life with peppy music in the background. Nothing comes across as being serious when in reality it's all supposed to be really dark.
  • They're adding extra stuff I don't remember? - At 13:55 in Ep.1, they added this extraneous scene that either never happened or happened later in the manga. But to my memory, there was no scene where they looked at necklaces, he examined her ear piercing, and then she backed away, mortified. If they're gonna throw in random stuff like this, of course the pacing is all messed up. Combined with the stupid directing and music, I just cannot take any of the characters seriously.

I'm gonna give this thing two more chances with the next 2 episodes, but if it doesn't improve it's a flop. I have rarely seen shows that redeem themselves after a bad first episode

The 2nd episode was better, I guess. At the very least, it was a lot more compelling, and Creep-kun is not nearly as much of a creep.

I guess I'll give it one or two more eps.

Also Jim is weird. I haven't even read the manga, and he comes off as weird and out of place.

Finished episode 2 and I’m not feeling this. The woman doesn’t even seem like a good assassin. Thought they’d be like 2 badasses but I guess she’s just the damsel in distress. :/

Goal of episode 3:

- Remind audience what this show is essentially about. (Son being in love. Check. Son being creepy. Check. Son met Lady in the past and he’s up to something. Check.)
- Fill the episode with as many flashbacks as possible. (The car crash. It was raining. Oh the car crash again.)
- Insert Chopin-esque sonata towards the end of the episode. Check.

Conclusion: Episode 4 can happen without episode 3.

Last edited:
The 2nd episode was better, I guess. At the very least, it was a lot more compelling, and Creep-kun is not nearly as much of a creep.

+1. Episode 2 was better b/c they cut out all that slice-of-life rom-com crap.

But -1, because they went back to that garbage in Ep 3. Turned our cold beauty into a damsel in distress - again, I don't recall any scene in the manga where she had her clothes taken to the cleaners, and the way she was all shy and blushing and like a tsundere was just... so gross. Completely out of character for her.

Also, I'm dying, because they couldn't even be bothered to animate the wheels on a moving car. Did anyone else notice that at around 10:00 in Ep. 3? LMAO

Last edited:
Back