Love of Kill

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Hoozuki, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Hoozuki

Hoozuki Forum Moderator Database Moderator

MilissaSexclub likes this.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Jun 23, 2021
    Read the manga, now I am in love. Cannot wait to see it.

3. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

...So it's just an anime version of Mr. And Mrs. Smith?

TheNuisance1 and Nekus like this.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Nov 8, 2021
    January 2022 premiere.
    The anime stars:
    Saori Ōnishi as Cheateau Dankworth
    Hiro Shimono as Son Ryang-ha
    Kenyuu Horiuchi as Euripedes Ritzland
    Kōhei Amasaki as Jim
    Tomoaki Maeno as Hou
    Houchu Ohtsuka as Donny

[​IMG]

5. Nekus

Nekus Well-Known Member

Posted by Nekus on Nov 8, 2021
    My thoughts exactly

6. Hummingbird52

Hummingbird52 Member

I'm looking forward to watching it. I loved the manga and I must say I have a soft spot for the Mr and Mrs Smith dynamic. Hopefully the anime version won't disappoint.

7. Nekus

Nekus Well-Known Member

Posted by Nekus on Jan 12, 2022
    Episode 1: They're now starting to design characters without a mouth, so they don't even have to lip sync. Amazing.

TheNuisance1 and worknboy like this.
  8. Hummingbird52

Hummingbird52 Member

It fit in the manga. But animated it just looks weird. And don't get me started on the parody of an accent they gave him. I thought he would talk kind of in a deadpan, bored tone.

Lenachan3ko likes this.
  9. worknboy

worknboy Well-Known Member

This looks good! Looks like they saved some money on Jim. No mouth.

10. TheNuisance1

TheNuisance1 Active Member

Looks like a good episode to check out the whole series in its entirety

11. AgentAndrew0

AgentAndrew0 Member

Where is this set?

12. Ixhishishi293

Ixhishishi293 Member

why they gotta do this with jim? did they run out of budget?
    [​IMG]

13. evilneko

evilneko Active Member

So, sekuhara is the order of the day? And not the silly, fanservicey, girl-girl skinship kind. Actual sexual harassment.

Creepy.

Also yeah wtf's up with the dude with no mouth? Is he screaming internally?

I thought this was going to be a fun one but.. eh..

Lenachan3ko likes this.
  14. redoverthebed

redoverthebed New Member

Very uncomfortable to watch most of this, yeah.

I might get round to it if it gets good reviews later, but this male lead makes it hard to want to watch.

Lenachan3ko likes this.
  15. Lenachan3ko

Lenachan3ko Well-Known Member

Dammit, concept sounded SO good, why is the male lead so creepy? I was so hoping for an enemies to lovers story or something like that. I'll probably give this a break and if it really is just gonna be like this for the whole show I'm not watching it unless I am forced to for a challenge or something.

16. orpheusx9

orpheusx9 New Member

I really, really hate the anime adaptation so far. Some issues I had:
    • "Jim"? Why? He's referred to as Indojin (lit. "Indian") in the manga. I dunno how the fuck that turned into "Jim"
    • "Jim's" voice acting is horrendous. Like Hummingbird52, I was expecting a more deadpan, serious tone. Instead he comes across as comedic relief.
    • The manga is way darker and more nitty-gritty. The anime turned parts of the story into a goddamn slice-of-life with peppy music in the background. Nothing comes across as being serious when in reality it's all supposed to be really dark.
    • They're adding extra stuff I don't remember? - At 13:55 in Ep.1, they added this extraneous scene that either never happened or happened later in the manga. But to my memory, there was no scene where they looked at necklaces, he examined her ear piercing, and then she backed away, mortified. If they're gonna throw in random stuff like this, of course the pacing is all messed up. Combined with the stupid directing and music, I just cannot take any of the characters seriously.

I'm gonna give this thing two more chances with the next 2 episodes, but if it doesn't improve it's a flop. I have rarely seen shows that redeem themselves after a bad first episode

Ixhishishi293 likes this.
  17. evilneko

evilneko Active Member

The 2nd episode was better, I guess. At the very least, it was a lot more compelling, and Creep-kun is not nearly as much of a creep.

I guess I'll give it one or two more eps.

Also Jim is weird. I haven't even read the manga, and he comes off as weird and out of place.

18. Pie31416

Pie31416 New Member

Finished episode 2 and I’m not feeling this. The woman doesn’t even seem like a good assassin. Thought they’d be like 2 badasses but I guess she’s just the damsel in distress. :/