Sonny Boy

01:

The first thing I thought with this setup was some lord of the flies shit going on with the school hierarchy thing going on. I kind of laughed about the penalty super power being imposed on people to get them to do the most silly ass thing possible like long division as a consequence. That effeminate sounding dude certainly seems like he knows more than he's letting on here. I'm honestly wondering if all these characters are dead or something, are they in some purgatory with this dimension? It got pretty dark when someone just gets whammed over the head with a baseball bat and I legitimately thought they died on the spot. Then it gets really cool at the end with this sea surrounding them suddenly bursting with color.

I think casual anime viewers might be turned off by this and it's not going to be for everyone but this setup was pretty interesting to me and I like the way this show looks. That Stop Hibari-kun! reference was also neat.

Last edited:
actually being very good and the premise promises something interesting. the design, please, so gooooood

In the first episode I was really getting some lord of the flies vibes. A bit of Stanford prison experiment too. You've got a bunch of kids stranded in some strange place with no rules, and then those same kids develop a set of rules and place people (or in this case, one person) in charge. He quickly gets drunk on power and starts abusing his authority, mistreating the other students. Very interesting concept, I wonder where they'll take it

Episode 1
I don't even lmow what to say about it, but I'm interested in seeing more of the world.

I'm interested in the whole penalties thing and how it works. The one kid had his x fade on his face.

EP 1:
Great demonstration of how power poisons people. As well as, these Angel Beats vibes. This should be fun.

Back