Sonny Boy

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Zed, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Apr 28, 2021
  2. Dhaifz

Dhaifz Member

Posted by Dhaifz on Jun 4, 2021
    so Madhouse will be the one to handle it, I'm hoping this will atleast be a good show.

RaveyTrilless likes this.
  3. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jun 19, 2021
    01:

The first thing I thought with this setup was some lord of the flies shit going on with the school hierarchy thing going on. I kind of laughed about the penalty super power being imposed on people to get them to do the most silly ass thing possible like long division as a consequence. That effeminate sounding dude certainly seems like he knows more than he's letting on here. I'm honestly wondering if all these characters are dead or something, are they in some purgatory with this dimension? It got pretty dark when someone just gets whammed over the head with a baseball bat and I legitimately thought they died on the spot. Then it gets really cool at the end with this sea surrounding them suddenly bursting with color.

I think casual anime viewers might be turned off by this and it's not going to be for everyone but this setup was pretty interesting to me and I like the way this show looks. That Stop Hibari-kun! reference was also neat.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  4. Gozza

Gozza Well-Known Member

Posted by Gozza on Jun 19, 2021
    I'm being forced to watch this. Totally against my will! Yuuuuppp...

5. TheNuisance1

TheNuisance1 Active Member

Well that first episode….no words what I saw but just bizarre x)

6. Siobhan100

Siobhan100 Member

I've only seen the 1st episode but I'm getting huge "Devilman crybaby" vibes from this show

7. ZhuDeSteward

ZhuDeSteward New Member

The way they design this is just superb. Mainstream watcher may not like this, but for me, it's amazing

8. Mayobe

Mayobe Active Member

Posted by Mayobe on Jun 22, 2021
    Ah. I've been to that grogg.

9. this surely is bizarre. i like it

10. claraglezz

claraglezz New Member

anyone knows when are we going to have more episodes?

11. Mayobe

Mayobe Active Member

12. samimomo

samimomo New Member

actually being very good and the premise promises something interesting. the design, please, so gooooood

13. ComradeStalin48

ComradeStalin48 New Member

In the first episode I was really getting some lord of the flies vibes. A bit of Stanford prison experiment too. You've got a bunch of kids stranded in some strange place with no rules, and then those same kids develop a set of rules and place people (or in this case, one person) in charge. He quickly gets drunk on power and starts abusing his authority, mistreating the other students. Very interesting concept, I wonder where they'll take it

MistLiigh likes this.
  14. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

...The fuck was that.

15. howtoprocrastinate

howtoprocrastinate Well-Known Member

Episode 1
    I don't even lmow what to say about it, but I'm interested in seeing more of the world.

I'm interested in the whole penalties thing and how it works. The one kid had his x fade on his face.

MistLiigh likes this.
  16. Grusomhed

Grusomhed Member

EP 1:
    Great demonstration of how power poisons people. As well as, these Angel Beats vibes. This should be fun.

MistLiigh likes this.
  17. AgentAndrew0

AgentAndrew0 Member

Won’t load on funi

18. Dha2fz

Dha2fz New Member

it's 24 hrs special limited time, idk when's the official release.

19. jammieannie

jammieannie New Member

Im liking this so far