Kengan Ashura

I like the premise and the historical setting. It'd be nice to have a good martial arts anime. I won't hold my breath that this doesn't end up trash though.

Larx Entertainment.
Haven't done a full length show since 2013.
And that show was Monsumo.

Oh, I smell a trainwreck.

I like the premise and the historical setting. It'd be nice to have a good martial arts anime. I won't hold my breath that this doesn't end up trash though.
It's in modern day Japan, no historical setting.

Also, that moment when the trailer tries to hide how shitty the footage looks with flashing lights, randomly turning black and white and by cutting it to death like a Transformers-movie.

It's in modern day Japan, no historical setting.

Ah, looks like I misread the synopsis. I thought it took place in the Edo period.

Also, that moment when the trailer tries to hide how shitty the footage looks with flashing lights, randomly turning black and white and by cutting it to death like a Transformers-movie.

It's a cheap looking quickie trailer. Those aren't uncommon, though.

Ah, looks like I misread the synopsis. I thought it took place in the Edo period.

It's a cheap looking quickie trailer. Those aren't uncommon, though.
Yeah, I just found it funny how they took a lesson from the Hollywood playbook and edited it in such a typical action scene style that is supposed to hide certain things. Quick, rapid cuts to make it appear less slow and clunky. Obscuring the sight with bright light and so on.
Cynically I assumed that it's only done to hide the CG.
But Japanese companies are generally weird how they promote their upcoming stuff, so maybe it's just that.

UUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH

This is one of the better fighting series out there, and they went with CG...

UUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH

This is one of the better fighting series out there, and they went with CG...

I was getting all hyped and shit but then the posts came in and kept on tearing into it, exposing the flaws in it's weak flesh. This broke the camel's back and put it into a coma.

CG can be very good for action if it is done right. The studio here doesn't have much of a track record so I'm not going to hold my breathe that they have chops to pull it off. However, I do think CG hand to hand combat could work and not look terrible.

CG can be very good for action if it is done right. The studio here doesn't have much of a track record so I'm not going to hold my breathe that they have chops to pull it off. However, I do think CG hand to hand combat could work and not look terrible.
It's going to be Berserk CG. Or like that Soul Worker thing, but with more CG blood.

Netflix is Just ruining good shows. I have never heard of this, but I'm sorry for the fans of this show because it looks awful.
And why does it have some kind of Skyrim beta version graphics?!

Episode 01

You know, it would be great Yamashita dude stopped reacting in an over dramatic manner to the most mundane things Tokita does. Like big deal, I also occasionally feel the need to eat food. Also could use without that overly convoluted backstory with the merchants and politics solving their disputes through martial arts matches. But besides that I enjoyed this for what it is.

Back