Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthPole

Monthly Marathon Proudly Presents:
Anime-Planet Secret Santa

tumblr_oihbrwNQXk1udouqko1_500.gif

Ever want to recommend someone an anime or manga that they might not have normally wanted to watch/read or might have overlooked? With Anime-Planets Secret Santa you can! :smile:

The goal is to make someone watch and review something you think they would love or you could be a little evil and make them watch something terrible! Careful with that since you might get a lump of coal in your sock in return! :sweat:

If you wish to participate in this fun filled holiday challenge send me in this thread your Anime-Planet User Name and the link to your Anime-Planet profile. Make sure that your list is updated as much as possible before you submit it and make note of the following in your message:

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name:
Anime-Planet Forum User Name:
Link to anime list profile:
Link to forum user account:
The episode limit you are willing to watch:
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans:
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either:
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in:
Other:

Example:
Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name:
NorthPole
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: NorthPole
Link to anime list profile: NorthPole | Anime-Planet
Link to forum user account:NorthPole
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 24-26
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: I'll watch anything I can find.
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Both are fine.
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: Not a fan of horror! Too scary for santa!
Other: Anything with a santa in it I'd love to see! Nothing on my won't watch list please.

Leave a comment here in the forum thread with your information.

Due by November 11th.

November 12th I will send you someones list through the forum PM system and then you will pick 3 anime/manga for this person to choose from and send me the 3 choices. NOT THEM! I will be the middleman and pass on the titles to the recipient so who your secret santa is is safe until the 25th of December. Only I will know who gave who their choices. Who you get will be chosen at random from all the participants.

The anime or manga selections must be:
Nothing ongoing.
No music videos.
Must have subtitles/translation, be complete and avaliable to find.

Due by November 18th

November 19th you will get your 3 choices sent to you by me. Choose one of these titles to watch/read then review. If you wish you can watch/read and review them all! Everyone is responsible for getting their own material for the watch/read. If for some reason you can't watch/read any of the titles you were given you can request another batch but you can only do this ONCE. I highly discourage doing this even once though. :frustrat:

Everyone should then post their reviews up on Anime-Planet on December 24th or anytime during that week is fine. Putting the words Secret Santa Review at the bottom of your review is a good idea. December 25th is the day you will find out who your secret santa is on the forums!

You don't have to keep the anime you were given a secret till then but keeping it a secret might be more fun so I encourage people NOT to talk about the anime they were given!

Everyone that participates and writes a review will get a special badge to go on your profile! IMPORTANT: You must write a review of your title to get this badge.

People who wrote reviews

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Happy Holidays and Happy Anime watching!

And yes as always I know badges haven't been given out yet but I hope one day they will be. There is a list of past participants that will be getting this badge so don't worry.

Last edited:
I'm in like every year

Secret Santa Participant

Anime-Planet Site/Forum User Name: Nicknames
Link to anime list profile: >Clicky<
Link to forum user account: >Clicky<
The episode limit you are willing to watch: No more than 26 episodes (or equivalent in length)
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: I'm ok with them
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Anime plz
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: Slice of Life and Idol shows. Please don't rec any of them.
Other: Don't suggest anything from my stalled/dropped list. Also no sequels please

Last edited:
Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name:
AngelBeatsYui
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: AngelBeatsYui
Link to anime list profile: Here
Link to forum user account: Here
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 100 chapters.
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: Don't mind.
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Manga
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: Going to be open this year, hit me with your best shot ;)
Other: I mean other than things on my stalled list - I will get to them anyway

Last edited:
Here we go son!

Anime-Planet User Name: Thrawn
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: Thrawn
Link to anime list profile: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Thrawn
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/thrawn.16524/
26 (But only one pick should be 26 episodes)
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: As long as it's not troll subs
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: I'm cool with either.
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: Yaoi, BL, sports
Other:
Nothing on my watched/stalled/dropped list, no Ass Class S2 as I'll be watching that sometime soonish before the year ends probably.

It's that time of year!

Anime-Planet User Name: AnnaSartin
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: AnnaSartin
Link to anime list profile: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/AnnaSartin
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/annasartin.51421/
The episode limit you are willing to watch: No more than 1-2 cours of anime. Manga/webtoons I don't care as long as the chapter count isn't insane.
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: If I can find it, I'll watch/read it
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Either is fine
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: Mecha and Sports bore me, and yuri/shoujo-ai isn't my thing. Also no interest in titty shows.
Other: Things I love include cats, vampires, yaoi/shounen-ai, and medieval fantasy

Last edited:
Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: RoseCandle13
Anime-Planet Forum User Name:RoseCandle13
Link to anime list profile:https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RoseCandle13
link to forum user account:https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/rosecandle13.354470/

T
he episode limit you are willing to watch: 100 chapters and 30 eps
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: I'll read/watch whatever
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: This might be too much trouble but I'd like one anime and the other 2 to be manga. Please ignore my won't watch/won't read lists, but my dropped list is fine. You can choose a anime of a manga I'm reading/read and vice versa. Am a please ignore my want to lists cuz that's the stuff I know I want to watch
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: Horror, Demons
Other: I don't really have anything specific to say. This is my first time participating since I've been a member and I'm so excited!It might take me awhile to watch the recs if they're anime and if they're manga please put like a website link or something so I know where to find it so I can read it.

Last edited:
Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: TurkeyGami
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: TurkeyGami
Link to anime list profile: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/TurkeyGami
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/turkeygami.58408/
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 25
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: I don't care TBH fam
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Anime-only Boy
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: I like Action Comedy
Other: No Yaoi/Yuri/Shounen ai/Shoujo ai (No Yuri! On Ice)

Last edited:
Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: TurkeyGami
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: TurkeyGami
Link to anime list profile: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/TurkeyGami
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/turkeygami.58408/
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 50
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: I don't care TBH fam
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Anime-only Boy
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: I like Action Comedy
Other: No Yaoi/Yuri/Shounen ai/Shoujo ai
You are a pretty active member on the forum! I see you almost everywhere ever since we had that debate about traps

I come out of hiding in my den for this

Anime-Planet User/Forum Name: WolfAngelus
Link to anime list profile: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/WolfAngelus
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/wolfangelus.59884/
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 100-ish (optimistic, but I believe)
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: Still don't know what this is
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Anime only
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: Same gender relation focused anime like BL and so on, mecha, sport, short episode anime
Other:
-Treat my "watching" as "want to watch" if there is no episode counter yet - preference to 12 or more episode Anime, rather than movies/ova's (unless it's extra is fine).
-To help out since I'm not a common regular, my usual tags I watch are Comedy, Ecchi, Action, Adventure, Horror, Slice life, School life (or sub tags of those), and prefer watching in English if at all possible
-Nothing I have seen already, or a Season 2 before Season 1 kinda thing.
-Would be awesome to get at least 1 longer Anime at 50+ eps to last a while, since I will probably get through them quite fast.
-Bonus challenge for fun: Find 1 anime that sounds like something I would likely pass on at first glance, but might actually like
~Thank you~

Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
Sure, why not?

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name:
PreciousEgg
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: PreciousEgg
Link to anime list profile: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/PreciousEgg
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/preciousegg.408693/
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 26
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: As long as the subs are faithful to what the characters are saying, I'm fine with it. A dub would be ideal tho
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Anime only, please
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: NO SPORTS ANIME PLEASE
Other: I love over-the-top things, so if you want to make me happy you ought to give me a really weird one, otherwise you can just give me some mediocre normie stuff and I'll be sad for life. Don't give me anything from my dropped list, I only drop things I seriously can't stand

Last edited:
Every year I climb out of my hole just for this.

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name:
CommanderKarasu
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: CommanderKarasu
Link to anime list profile: Boom.
Link to forum user account: Bam.
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 30 episodes, I guess. Not sure about manga. So long as it's not too lengthy and doable for the event.
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: Doesn't matter.
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Doesn't matter.
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: ecchi, harem/reverse harem, moe, mecha, slice of life. Romance is iffy with me.
Other: I like fantasy and action adventure type stuff a lot. I like youkai and mythology. I've been trying to focus on older stuff than newer. My profile gives a good idea of what I'm into if you're interested. I haven't been watching or reading much lately, so I'd appreciate something you'd thing I would greatly enjoy. Also pretty please no sequels or anything related to something I've already watched, and nothing from my won't watch/stalled lists.

Sure, I'm in. ^^

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: FunkyTim
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: FunkyTim
Link to anime list profile: here
Link to forum user account: here
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 26 max please
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: no fansubs
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: anime
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: no shoujo please
Other: Due to fairly limited availability in my country, there might be some things I'll need to give a pass unfortunately

YEAH COMMUNITY EVENTS WOOOOOOOO!

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet/Forum User Name:
MistLiigh
Link to anime list profile: Sorry for the mess
Link to forum user account: That's-a me
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 24-26 episodes, 12-13 preferred
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: VRV (basically CR or Hidive) or Amazon Prime preferred, buuuuut do what you must.
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Anime please (though I might also go for a good one-shot or suuuuuuuper short manga)
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: Sports, Yaoi/BL/etc, Yuri/GL/etc, Harem, Romance (unless it's at least as good as Chuunibyou)
Other: Nothing I've dropped of course; anything on my want to watch list is cool, but bonus points if you can impress me with something I've never heard of; if you want me to get through more than one, you should probably keep them on the shorter side, maybe even add in one on Netflix since I'd probably watch that at a different time than the others; it's my first time, be gentle ~o///o~

Last edited:
I'm always late for these, I actually wanted to join the seasonal anime lottery thing but I didn't meet the deadline I'm stupid and way too shy to ask for guidance
I won't be surprised if I'm actually late again
Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name: AmeagariHime
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: AmeagariHime
Link to anime list profile: Lack of creativity and self-awareness ahead
Link to forum user account: What do you mean this is effortless
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 26 if common anime, 50 if shounen, 15 if manga, 60 if webtoon
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: Everything fine, most legal anime sites excludes Chile so fml go ahead, same in manga, zero possibility within a small rural town out of the map
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Don't mind
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: No ecchi, no mature, no harem, no isekai, no Gintama, not excessive fanservice, no mecha, no mobile game, preferably not so old (2009 or newer) not teenagers-trashy-high-school-love-drama, no love triangle not fun allowed

Other: Chinese anime is okay as long as its well-known so I don't have to access the deep web to find it, I like spicy, out of the rule anime, but I also like slow-paced and healing anime (iyashikei)
And if by any means you're a sadist and recommend me a light novel, I swear I'll come and find you whoever you are
Nothing already in my list, get creative man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name:
Starra
Anime-Planet Forum User Name: Starra
Link to anime list profile: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Starra
Link to forum user account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/starra.65483/
The episode limit you are willing to watch: I'll only do manga but I don't mind what length. The longer the better tbh (heyo).
If you won't watch fan-subs/fan-scans: I'll read scanlations provided they're not terrible.
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: I'm awful at watching anime so manga only please.
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: I don't really do martial arts/fighting stuff or too much gore but other than that I'm good. Also if a romantic/sexual relationship is involved I'm only keen on things that are consensual. And no omegaverse, if anyone wanted to try that lol.
Other: The more homoerotic the better but it doesn't have to be that gay.

PS Please ignore my want to read/won't read lists. Only pay attention to what's on my read/stalled/dropped lists!

Last edited:
Sooo excited!!! :love:

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name:
Karin84
Karin84
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Karin84
https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/karin84.58538/
12-13
Don't mind - whatever is available
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Anime
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: Mecha, Anything with too much abuse/rape of any type, Sports, Harem, Yaoi, Ecchi
Other:
Please don't pick something from my dropped, stalled, or won't watch list

Come at me, bros.

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet User Name:

You expected someone else, but it was I, FRANCONATOR!

Hey, hey, it's still yaboi Franconator.

ORYAAA

YOSHAAA

Just the standard 25/26 for me, fam.

Man, I'll check anything as long as the translations are in English.

Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either:
Anime, brah, ain't got time for that reading shit.

If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in:
Friggin' surprise me with your secret santa mojo. Open-minded and full of loving, yup, that's me. If you can dish it, I can take it. :lenny:

Other:
I like pineapples on my pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back