Mitsuboshi Colors

Episode One
Nothing gets me invested in an anime more in the first forty-five seconds than a little girl breathing heavily as she exerts herself. Oh, and establishing shots of Tokyo.

After the basic theme song we see two girls hanging in a shed and there's some really weird background music that sounds like a cutesy version of:

"We've got trouble everyone!"
"Is it poop?"

Um...Why is this the first line...

Kotoha is amazing.

Well, I am surprised by how much I actually enjoyed this. It was cute, it was funny, and it was entertaining. It's nothing special but out of all the moe shows of the season so far it's the only one I've felt had some sort of heart and whimsy to it.

Episode 1

In terms of continuity I can see this rise above the other cute girl shows. Though they are dangerously young and we've already heard them talk about panties which could cause this show to play to the lolicon crowd (even) more than the other series. Overall I can't say I found this to be the best of the bunch but it's setting has some potential.

That was fun!
It could've been shorter, but it was still funny.

That was better than i expected!
(I could swear i already saw these characters in some henta thumbnail tho.)
It had to have good comedy with that synopsis. :3
The base story is as boring&generic as it could be, but it's funny enough to make up for it. There's no police officer at my door yet too, so that's nice.
I'm not sure i can sit through multiple episode of that, but i'll watch more for sure since that first one was fine. (It might get boring if it stays that way because of the episode length.)
Also, Kotoha is something special, really funny..
*smile*
mitsubishi_colors_damn.png

Noticed some weird things in the first ep. Finger positioning looks really weird sometimes, some early shots of Blue are missing the cameras in her 3DS, and Yellow's glasses will disappear randomly. The mangaka doesn't seem to know how to draw different faces, even his other work looks pretty similar, but they all have their own color so that's not an issue. It's so moe and it's so pandering, but man is it fun to watch.
p5OHTtT.gif

This show really grew on me since ep 1 and I've been waiting the whole week for this. I read a little of the manga so I had already seen 2/3 skits they did here, but that didn't take away from the enjoyment at all. The timing, voice work, animation, sound effects, all flawless. Also the OP on this is fantastic, not sure how I forgot about it. Probably my favorite OP of the season, and there's some good ones.

Episodes 1 & 2:

Finally started this. Yep. The Ichigo Mashimaro vibes are strong. Similar art-style, tone and humor. Hell I had to double check if this was made by the same guy when this was first announced. Sacchan is literally Miu with a different hair-style and color and Yui looks a lot like Chika but with Matsuri's personality.

[at episode 3] Pretty much the closest thing we'll get to Yotsuba&! but as anime, and that's at least something I guess; with these shows one can never tell if it's just "cute" or "pedo" instead, but in this case it's definitely the first one and the comedy is very similar, with simple but effective gags on top. The visuals are upper middle tier, the backgrounds and overall art style are pleasing, but animation occasionally takes visible shortcuts. Overall pretty good so far. The old man is the best.

Episode 4.
This show is basically a contest for me every episode. Between who steals the episode more. Blue or Yellow. Blue came out strong.
tumblr_p3ab9mmzbB1tm1dgio3_1280.png

tumblr_p3ab9mmzbB1tm1dgio2_1280.png

But Yellow wins with this bit.
tumblr_inline_p3af0anfyv1r5ioas_540.png

tumblr_inline_p3af1mGZHa1r5ioas_540.png

tumblr_inline_p3af2nubNQ1r5ioas_540.png

tumblr_inline_p3af393GUz1r5ioas_540.png

Worst ep so far.
Wow there was some lazy animation/no animation in this episode. I sure love watching still images move by that aren't drawn any better than anything else in the series. I loved the buildup to Red's Sansa dance only to be met with a gross looking slideshow.
I10MzjQ.png

Who approved this? She looks like the scream.
In previous episodes the charm was the characters and their interactions with events, but in this the emphasis is more on the actual events and the idea that the colors are involved, but there wasn't anything in the show that made the events appealing. Bread shop section was mildly passable, but once Moka entered it became more about Moka v Nono and it became uninteresting because the colors weren't allowed to derail the plot.

Episode 5.
Ha. Fake depressing story. Totally made up.
*Quick Google check*
...Oh my God, that's depressing...I'm going to the zoo and throwing the elephants a snack.

Back