Radiant

Nice to see Turkeys education in AP cynicism is paying off.

Seiji Kishi

Lerche

So it will either be a brilliant masterpiece or utter bullshit

It's not a video game adaptation so it's got a chance of being good. I'm kind of leery because Japan doesn't have a good track record adapting western material. The story telling conventions are different and something gets lost in translation. It's a tricky task.

i'm willing to give this a try, but i don't expect an above average show, me and Lerche don't get along too well (i'm willing to devour all their SoL shows though). the syn reminds me of Fairy tale though, it better be not like it.

Nice to see Turkeys education in AP cynicism is paying off.
And my education in probability. The question is, does the two guys who worked on the same one hit wonder working on this, raise or lower the chances of it being good...

maybe my education in probability wasn't THAT good.

That said
It's not a video game adaptation so it's got a chance of being good. I'm kind of leery because Japan doesn't have a good track record adapting western material. The story telling conventions are different and something gets lost in translation. It's a tricky task.
The thing with western material being adapted is that they can go one of two ways: either throwing out the original tone completely or leaving it the same. Those two could go equally wrong. Kohei Horikoshi is my hero (lol) because he didn't go in either of these directions and made his own thing inspired by western entertainment, but this is a different thing. It's the kind of thing where you really can't please anyone, and if they stayed faithful it's more likely that it won't have any of that anime charm in the right place.

Video game adaptations are another story, you'll never get it to feel like a video game with a video game story in the script so you might as well never try.

Every time, I think of french stuff, I always think of that one particular crazy music video called Dye - Fantasy for some reason.

Pure nightmares.

Every time, I think of french stuff, I always think of that one particular crazy music video called Dye for some reason.

Pure nightmares.

I can only hope we'll get an anime as good as this video. Nightmare imagery is great, but it makes a point about growing up and sexuality.

‘Radiant’ Anime Wows With Brand-New Trailer
https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/09/04/radiant-anime-trailer-manga/
Oh the trailer looks so cool, I'm really excited for this.
I love the colors and character design, it looks so fun, I really hope the story carries the same fun adventure feeling I get from the characters.
...fall is saved?

All these people worked on my favorite anime of all time. And this is a fantasy anime.

I'm just going to say it, i'm excited.

Fall is saved.

If they animate Red's hair with extreme competence, then it'll be one hell of a show. And I hope the Inquisition is like one of them "Torture people until they confess their heathens despite not being heathens" types.

Well, I like the fantasy concept. Tools, map, different animals and all that jazz. But the main character will be quite annoying with that voice acting and the usual shounen hero characteristics.

Ep1:
Only after watching the episode halfway through I remembered that I read the first volume of the manga and dropping it. And the anime is not as good as the manga. A lot of jokes got cut and it seems like some things are in a new order. Kinda meh.

Back