Radiant

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Feb 1, 2018.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

2. ZetsubouKaiji

3. TurkeyGami

TurkeyGami Database Moderator

Seiji Kishi

Lerche

So it will either be a brilliant masterpiece or utter bullshit

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  4. GenSan

GenSan Database Moderator

Posted by GenSan on Feb 1, 2018
  5. TurkeyGami

Oh great another one hit wonder guy i never heard of until now

Chances are sinking lower of this being good.

6. ZetsubouKaiji

Nice to see Turkeys education in AP cynicism is paying off.

It's not a video game adaptation so it's got a chance of being good. I'm kind of leery because Japan doesn't have a good track record adapting western material. The story telling conventions are different and something gets lost in translation. It's a tricky task.

Thrawn, Zed60K, GenSan and 1 other person like this.
  7. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

Posted by Zed60K on Feb 1, 2018
    i'm willing to give this a try, but i don't expect an above average show, me and Lerche don't get along too well (i'm willing to devour all their SoL shows though). the syn reminds me of Fairy tale though, it better be not like it.

8. TurkeyGami

And my education in probability. The question is, does the two guys who worked on the same one hit wonder working on this, raise or lower the chances of it being good...

maybe my education in probability wasn't THAT good.

That said
    The thing with western material being adapted is that they can go one of two ways: either throwing out the original tone completely or leaving it the same. Those two could go equally wrong. Kohei Horikoshi is my hero (lol) because he didn't go in either of these directions and made his own thing inspired by western entertainment, but this is a different thing. It's the kind of thing where you really can't please anyone, and if they stayed faithful it's more likely that it won't have any of that anime charm in the right place.

Video game adaptations are another story, you'll never get it to feel like a video game with a video game story in the script so you might as well never try.

9. chad28

chad28 Active Member

Posted by chad28 on Feb 1, 2018
    I'm pumped for this.
    The french author is probably so happy.
    Can you imagine?
    Creating something inspired by the thing you love and getting recognized by the industry that inspired you.
    I'm honestly happy for him.

Zed60K, TurkeyGami and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  10. GenSan

GenSan Database Moderator

Posted by GenSan on Feb 1, 2018
    Every time, I think of french stuff, I always think of that one particular crazy music video called Dye - Fantasy for some reason.

Pure nightmares.

11. ZetsubouKaiji

I can only hope we'll get an anime as good as this video. Nightmare imagery is great, but it makes a point about growing up and sexuality.

GenSan likes this.
  12. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Feb 1, 2018
    I knew this shit wouldn't be fabulous.

13. thor123

thor123 Well-Known Member

Huh. I thought I read somewhere that this was fake, and there wouldn't be an anime for this... odd.

Edit: found it. This guy said it was fake, but that was debunked afterwards by NHK so it's actually real

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  14. chad28

chad28 Active Member

Posted by chad28 on Sep 5, 2018
    TurkeyGami likes this.
  15. TurkeyGami

...fall is saved?

All these people worked on my favorite anime of all time. And this is a fantasy anime.

I'm just going to say it, i'm excited.

Fall is saved.

chad28 likes this.
  16. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Sep 6, 2018
    If they animate Red's hair with extreme competence, then it'll be one hell of a show. And I hope the Inquisition is like one of them "Torture people until they confess their heathens despite not being heathens" types.

17. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Active Member

Episode 1:

Pretty average. Standard Shounen stuff. Guess I’ll give it a few eps.

18. Hutai

Hutai New Member

Posted by Hutai on Oct 6, 2018
    Well, I like the fantasy concept. Tools, map, different animals and all that jazz. But the main character will be quite annoying with that voice acting and the usual shounen hero characteristics.

19. ShinShini

ShinShini Well-Known Member

Ep1:
    Only after watching the episode halfway through I remembered that I read the first volume of the manga and dropping it. And the anime is not as good as the manga. A lot of jokes got cut and it seems like some things are in a new order. Kinda meh.

20. Nitroglycerin

Nitroglycerin Forum Moderator

I guess I’m too old to enjoy shit like this now. Nope. Dropping.