Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
sothis
Overlord

Default Re: How to Add or Edit Characters

added a note about names with mr/mrs

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Adding Anime - Synopsis Templates | Twitter | MySpace

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE - Control my signature or avatar!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #12
blackrabbit83
Narumon Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander View Post
For some reason this sub-forum prevents editing, so I can't do an explicit change to add the missing "be" ^^
Can anyone explain how to go about editing after your first draft? I would very much like to correct my mistakes.
Thanks!
blackrabbit83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #13
sothis
Overlord

you cant - youll need to respond to the thread with what changes youd want to make, assuming that a moderator hasnt taken care of it yet. if a mod has already taken care of it and it's in completed, just submit a new form submission.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Adding Anime - Synopsis Templates | Twitter | MySpace

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE - Control my signature or avatar!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #14
MwrulesC
Experienced Anime Fan

I think I saw a post about this sometime ago, but I have not been able to find it again. So I was hoping for some clarification on what exactly classifies a character as major/secondary/minor. Is it based off of how pivotal they are to the plot, the amount of screen time, or a combination of both? This probably is a bit influenced by the submitter's personal opinion, but was just wondering if there is some gideline to it. Thanks.
MwrulesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #15
Scythes
Narumon Z

Send a message via AIM to Scythes Send a message via MSN to Scythes Send a message via Skype™ to Scythes

What exactly should we do about URL slugs when multiples of the character name exsist?
Ex: Yuki from Angel Tales and Yuki from... whatever that series is that caused Angel Tales Yuki to not work. Should we use a defining characteristic like yuki-snake or use the name of the show?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #16
alexander
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythes View Post
Yuki from Angel Tales and Yuki from... whatever that series is that caused Angel Tales Yuki to not work.
AFAIK the show uses Hebino as her surname.

I'm sure there are instances where those overlap, too.
alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:00 AM   #17
Omurqi
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Omurqi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwrulesC View Post
I think I saw a post about this sometime ago, but I have not been able to find it again. So I was hoping for some clarification on what exactly classifies a character as major/secondary/minor. Is it based off of how pivotal they are to the plot, the amount of screen time, or a combination of both? This probably is a bit influenced by the submitter's personal opinion, but was just wondering if there is some gideline to it. Thanks.
I don't think there's a set guideline for it at the moment, but the way I (and I believe most others) do it, is by taking a couple of things in account.

First and most of all, plot importance and screentime. What is the most important of the two? That's mostly up to the mod's own judgement, but both should be taken into consideration.

Then, it's very helpful to not just think about the individual character, but the entire cast of the show. A good example: Based on screen time and plot importance, one could easily mark Kana USHIRO | Anime-Planet from Bokurano as Secondary Character. Thinking about the entire cast however, it makes much more sense to make all the "pilots" into the main cast.
Quote:
What exactly should we do about URL slugs when multiples of the character name exsist?
Ex: Yuki from Angel Tales and Yuki from... whatever that series is that caused Angel Tales Yuki to not work. Should we use a defining characteristic like yuki-snake or use the name of the show?
Sounds like a very rare case. Of course, if the character in question has an important alternative name (or even an alternate romanization), we could just go with that. If nothing creative can be done with either names (which I find very unlikely, but with the potential of tens of thousands of characters, is possible), we could maybe add something like a "i" attached to the URL_slug?

Omurqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:04 AM   #18
cassiesheepgirl
POPEE BELIEVER

Quote:
Do you mean when two characters share the same name but are from different series? Like Kururu from Bottle Fairy and Kururu from Sergeant Frog? If that's the case then the way that we handle this is to simply add the name of the anime at the end of the url slug. In this case the url slug for the character you refer to would be:

yuki-angel-tales

If however there are two characters within the same series that share the same name, then that is different and extremely rare. I would check around to see if the character has a family name in this case.

Know a manga that's the same as the anime? We need your help!

Help add to the DB: Anime | Manga

More Cults and Claims
cassiesheepgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #19
Scythes
Narumon Z

Send a message via AIM to Scythes Send a message via MSN to Scythes Send a message via Skype™ to Scythes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiesheepgirl View Post
Do you mean when two characters share the same name but are from different series? Like Kururu from Bottle Fairy and Kururu from Sergeant Frog? If that's the case then the way that we handle this is to simply add the name of the anime at the end of the url slug. In this case the url slug for the character you refer to would be:

yuki-angel-tales

If however there are two characters within the same series that share the same name, then that is different and extremely rare. I would check around to see if the character has a family name in this case.
I meant for the first problem, thanks.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #20
babyeinstein12
Anime Fan in Training

I was adding pictures for the main cast of School Rumble when I made a mistake with Tenma Tsukamato. >_< It's my first time doing this, so I was a bit shaky. By the way, I noticed that someone accidentally put up two pages for Tenma Tsukamoto...I put in my intended pic of her on the other one, but now there are two pages - one with the right picture of her and one with the wrong picture of her. Sorry...