Longtime anime fan, but relatively new to the manga world. I'm here to broaden my horizons.
- Unique stories with fascinating plots, characters, concepts, and locations.
- Trope-heavy anime that can make me laugh (if it's entertaining, I don't mind predictability).
- Anime/manga with confident/brave MCs.
- Seinen, Historical, Yuri/GL, Horror, Comedy, and Romance.
- Anime with an excessive number of episodes. They may be good, but I'd rather not watch a 200+ series when I could watch roughly ten shorter ones.
- Anime with MCs that don't pick obvious best girl.
- A heavy reliance on cliffhangers.
- Mecha, Sports, and Space.
NB: Likes and dislikes are not absolutes, just generalizations based on my experience. There are plenty of exceptions.
Favorite anime: Golden Kamuy, Vinland Saga, Toradora!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Girls Und Panzer.
Favorite manga: Vampeerz, Ijiranaide Nagatoro-san, and Teizokurei Daydream.
Personal Rating Scale:
- 5 stars: Sublime. An absolute masterpiece. I will recommend it to everyone I meet.
- 4.5 stars: Fantastic. I can't wait to read/watch the next chapter/episode.
- 4 stars : Wonderful. These are solid reads/watches.
- 3.5 stars: Great. I'll probably read/watch more.
- 3 stars: Good. I may read/watch more.
- 2.5 stars: Readable/watchable, but I could easily find something better to enjoy.
- 2 stars: Not my thing, but there are redeeming qualities,
- 1.5 stars: "I've made a huge mistake."
- 1 star: Terrible, but likely entertaining in a so-bad-it's-hilarious sort of way
- 0.5 stars: Zero redeeming qualities. I have yet to read/see anything deserving of this rating.