Kiss the Abyss - Reviews

Alt title: Wo de Guaiwu

Kiss the Abyss
softihyuk's avatar
May 16, 2021

My review will be a little biased since this is my favorite webtoon, but I will try to be 100% honest.

About the story, although it is kinda dark, the plot is a funny and creative idea with time rifts and lots of gambling that involves life or death. It's something that really can catch your eye if you like fantasy and themes that include the following: going in and out inside of a game, gambling, as I mentioned before, and basically mind games.

The characters are also super well described and interesting, both main characters (Wangzi, sorry if I miswrote, and Abyss) with dark backgrounds that we will discover later.

The art is also one of the main points of why I decided to read this and I definitely didn't regret it :)

I recommend it to everyone, especially anyone who likes BL with big adventures and not just your typical high school ones. (If you like kakegurui you may also like this ehehe, there might be some characters that you like)

LeiFei's avatar
Jan 23, 2022

Since other reviews have already mentioned the most important points I'll just say that the story was super entertaining, characters stay true to their personality throughout and the art is pretty good. It's got a lot of comedy, gets serious at times but I think that this is one that you should read regardless of what you're interested in since this is something majority of the people in the crowd would like^^

9.5/10 story
fluffyarr0w's avatar
Jan 11, 2022

Seriously, this manhua is incredible. I think it originated before squid game, but if you like squid game, this is for you!! similar game sacrifice themes, and lowkey similar minigames and mystery. the care in the individual characters, the backstory, reasoning, all flow and connect properly. I'm happy as to where this is going, thank you author!! please dont kill off my favorite characters </3 it also has some transmigratory themes, its not that much romance unfortunately, but its so cute and i can see how it might happen later on :))

8.5/10 art