The Day I Became a God

Oh boy this time I'm already pretty late apparently, I might as well answer before seeing if there is anything that I feel like adding.
but Hina's sort of omniscience could be answered via this hacker
I thought the same when I saw the story delving in a technological realm. Hina being an Android with really advanced AI would explain everything so far, like guessing the weather or the result of the horse races... except that this episode also threw YET ANOTHER crazy thing she did.
Wtf was up with the drawing of the steps to follow on the floor? She knew before that the guy would show up and ALL the steps during the fight that they would make? That is really straight up omniscience at this point. I'm so confused... I really hope they explain it somehow..
Hina is still decently annoying and I don't really care about any character whatsoever, which is a pretty sad truth to admit myself. Nothing is funny, I feel no emotions called upon.
I also still do not a care about any characters whatsoever, but I found this episode way funnier than the last. Maybe because I was ready for crazy humor but the whole tv ad about the mc being that crazy 40 years was really funny. Does it make any sense what so ever? No. But we gave up logic last time when no one questioned a boxing ring appearing.
This was my first thought, weather it's her father or a associate, i figure he is certainly something to do with Hina at the least.
Yup, I'm betting 10$ on creator, like she's an experiment or an Android.
That aside, i did laugh at the "one suit" comment, this could be the boring side of my kicking in but i have acquired numerous suit's over the years and laugh at the idea of wearing just 1 for 10 years... even for surfing. Maybe this is me in boring business mode though, i just couldn't help laugh seeing him climbing in the snow in a suit, good stuff for a person who spent a few too many years in one myself (though not limited to just the one).
That was funny to me as well so you're not alone ahah
In particular, while they made a big show of his special hacker gloves (because the creators never got the Nintendo Power Glove, as kids, and resent it to this day),
Not much to say I just wanted to mention that this had me rolling ahahah
My hunch is that they appeared DURING the fight which would point out more to be a time freeze than a representation of a thought process.
Oh nice details... I wonder how much of it was intentional and how much of it was just lack of attention to details... we can only wait and see I guess.
As I thought i got here too late lol, I really don't have anything more to say I think I made it clear that all your reasonings were on point by liking every post lmao.

Overall this episode was slightly better than last but I really hope that when we get to the actual plot it is at least an interesting one.

Episode 3... <rubs eyes>wait, is that plot? I never thought I would see plot down here.
So I was giving this one last chance, and it almost didn't deliver. I did not care for the ramen shop plot. Contrived sitcom bs... I can watch American television for that, which I don't.
But the 3 minutes of young Mr Suzuki caught my attention.... I would like to know more.
I'm also on the "Odin an AI" train, but I think what's happening is her power source ends in 30 days, and she dies then, because the selfish brat thinks the world revolves around her that's when the world ends.... because someone has to die in the end, it's Key!
There's even a goldfish swimming though the internet in the EP, how much more symbolism do you need?
This is all a 12 episode arc to make you care about her so you'll be sad at 13. I'm not gonna fall for it... but I do want to see how we get there.
So I'm still gonna watch it, but it's not high on my list.

in that situation. She could have tied him up or stripped his pants off of him, if freezing time was available to her.
How did you get into my mind... i mean, i totally wouldn't abuse powers in this way, no sir!
Ahem... it is a good point she could make use of this more, which does make me inclined to believe it happens within "the split second" and is slowed down so us puny humans can understand their world... or something.

Also, remember that Odin says she was going to be at the restaurant "working the floor."
... wow you are way more observant than the average person, how the hell has no one not mentioned this point yet! She wasn't lying, she literally worked the floor, i guess i gotta give it to whoever wrote that line... kudos, that was actually rather smart looking at it (and i really appreciate it more now!).

He should be all but convinced she's actually omniscient--and, further, he should be really worried about that whole ending-of-the-world thing.
Equally a good point, if anything is convincing for him, it should of been how well she played this arc, from predicting to Shops success to randomly getting a film crew to not only achieving the prior goals but predicting every move in a fight so accurately she could put down footprints numbered accordingly of every move which would take place... yet this is the one time he didn't even doubt himself... he out right laughed her off, this guy is weird. The end of the world thing would have me asking questions after that night if not out right panicking.

It's odd that Odin finds spending a week on helping this ramen shop to be somehow less of a waste of time than studying, given that its success or failure is equally as pointless in the face of upcoming cataclysm.
Another weirdly accurate point (man, you are on it with this show, you got a eye for every detail).

not a note about anime feet.
What about feet? (joking... feet aren't my thing, that is one fetish i really don't get... though i am talking human feet).

"Now, as anime fans, we all love incest. In fact, we're probably a product of it. Otherwise, we wouldn't love anime."
please clean your youtube history, this video has been banned!
I'm next level sad, it's okay, i accepted my fate a long time ago.

Haruhi's all about the supernatural, but all her activities--even the ones involving investigating the supernatural--center around doing the most high schooler-y stuff imaginable
this is.... true.... actually they are kind of similar, though i doubt they will follow the same path in that Haruhi does (kinda) make it through school rather normally... something tells me our dear Odin might have a more up-hill struggle ahead (maybe, not sure). Lets just hope Odin doesn't share Haruhi's off-switch, it will ruin everything!

That is really straight up omniscience at this point. I'm so confused... I really hope they explain it somehow..
I hope they explain it by saying it is omniscience... i really want it at this point to be this lol.

Not much to say I just wanted to mention that this had me rolling ahahah
I can't believe i missed this in my last post but i got a good laugh from that one too! POWER GLOVE lives on!

Overall this episode was slightly better than last but I really hope that when we get to the actual plot it is at least an interesting one.
Yup, second this. Though i will say - this is proving to be the big "discussion" topic of the season (for now) so even though some are still on the fence, i enjoy this element alone, and whilst i did say i am likely to be bias for the show and wait it out because my KEY bias, discussion did get me through Rent-a-girl last season (sorry @interregnum i can't seem to stop taking jabs at this point, forgive me, kind sir) so that's always enough for me.

because someone has to die in the end, it's Key!
I... like this logic a lot lol.
This is all a 12 episode arc to make you care about her so you'll be sad at 13. I'm not gonna fall for it... but I do want to see how we get there.
I will fall for it, that's how i role! But i don't think your wrong, it's quite like as you say, she (as a AI or Human) will likely die or something, might not be exactly that but it's most likely for now,

Man that reply was taxing, i need some chocolate and sleep!

ep 3...

idk, the episode threw me off from the beginning, they laid up the ending of ep 2 as this big dramatic thing, and right at the bedside before the girl fully got over the whole thing they jumped right into a comedy routine.........I can't really say I appreciate the bipolar tone, though at this point, most of this stuff seems to be played for laughs......there are some plot thought out stuff here for sure, but the execution feels too faced paced.

Last edited:
"Automatically Generated Corpus Samples and High-Precision Text Segmentation: Natural Language Processing Using the Korogi-Asama Model Algorithm"

That should be put in the Wikipedia definition for Technobabble.

What, you expected there to be something? Too bad nothing happened this episode.
Jokes aside, this was the worst episode yet by far. One minute of technobabble and then the remaining of the episode was the most unimportant and unfunny thing that I have seen in a very very very long time.

Episode 4

Well, Nekus was too fast and he said so many things that I have barely anything to add. Ok, some little details:

1)
No, nothing here

2)
Nothing here too

Jokes aside, we learned nothing. At least that's how I see it, since I won't play mahjong and even the fake one. I giggled a bit when Yota was starting to go insane with his fake moves. Some might appreciate the milf, eh, didn't interest me.

So the days go by fillin up with episodes with 0 information...fantastic.

Episode 4

What, you expected there to be something? Too bad nothing happened this episode.
oh you troll, got me right good there... i even wondered if you put a image which failed to load...

No, nothing here
I fell for it again...

Nothing here too
3 in a row... okay you all win!

but yeah, the fuck did i just watch, i don't get Mahjong so maybe others could see how this was funny but i just saw it as some guy going in blind making his own rules.. i kind of grinned as @Scalpelexis did above when he got carried away with his fake game but eh, it was really not good as a whole. I guess i laughed thinking how bad the other 3 looked so serious to be out done by fake play and stuff...

but i honestly don't care for a whole episode on this... i guess Hina wanted to get our Yota laid... so close too! Might as well took the bait, doubt many of his classmates could out boast that one, sure he got laid at 16(?) or however old he is but it was with a minor celeb at that, boom, hows that for fake rules!
... and he rejects her...

Some might appreciate the milf, eh, didn't interest me.
as someone who appreciates milfs... i did not appreciate her (though we don't know she is a milf, right?) but she was creepy and kind of weird, her 180 attitude flip into a horny dog in heat kind of put me right off...

13 days... i guess it could of been a memory to end with (if he believed hina) should he took her advances though...

still... WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH!!!

Bull****.

I don't know why anyone thought that garbage would fly, but, no matter the justification, they were wronger than a deep dish pizza.

Absolute tripe. And if we get another dose of it next week, I'm done. That's how bad it was.

That mahjong thing was insane. Like, genuinely bonkers. It made no sense. At all. In any way. That Sexy CEO would cream her panties over amateur-hour gameplay and accept it as "innovative" is surely the sign that we are dealing with a burgeoning Batman villain. I refuse to accept any piece of that storyline as anything but onanistic author-insert ravings about a teacher he was crushing on in high school.

Ugh. Ugh. And I thought finally muscling through the second half of The Last of Us 2 was going to leave the worst taste in my mouth, this weekend. Which, I mean, it did, but this was close--and that's saying something.

Like, Odin did some nonsense with that whole movie production thing, back in Ep 2, but this was that without any of the charm (read as: Sora) and not even half of the logical consistency. Those other players should have walked out. The crowd should have been furious. Inawhatserface should have been aghast. That anyone allowed that farce to play out to completion is almost as hard to believe as Sexy CEO's nymphomaniacal attachment to doing things the wrong way.

And...look, how in the f*** did Odin get away with this one? Does she have a four-leaf clover hair scrunchie under that habit? (He said, making yet another allusion to Assault Lily, which is a great show and you should totally watch it.) I mean...no one is that lucky. It's unfathomable.

Not a good week. And next week is make-or-break.

Garbage.

...except for that moment when Odin laughed maniacally, whilst the room was baffled over Yota's moves. That elicited rather a raucus laugh out of me.

But EVERYTHING ELSE....garbage.

i even wondered if you put a image which failed to load...
Me too.

Well done, @Nekus.
i guess Hina wanted to get our Yota laid...
Yeah, that seems to have been the point. Which...contradicts her objections to his attentions being turned towards other girls, doesn't it? Or is she only interested in hording his attention when she wants his attention? Or was this a wild long-term strategy to appear as though she was tryin' to get him laid with full knowledge that it wouldn't work? And, if not, I thought she was omniscient--wouldn't she know he'd be scared off (understandably so) at the prospect?

And, okay, one more thing: what the hell was Yota doing sitting in a chair in the corner while the stage was being dismantled? Everyone else was gone. Had Sexy CEO told him to wait for her? No, because he seemed shocked to see her, when she approached. So why the hell was he there? Why wasn't he rushing off to see Inawhatserface?

UGH--absolute garbage.

Yeah, that seems to have been the point. Which...contradicts her objections to his attentions being turned towards other girls, doesn't it? Or is she only interested in hording his attention when she wants his attention? Or was this a wild long-term strategy to appear as though she was tryin' to get him laid with full knowledge that it wouldn't work? And, if not, I thought she was omniscient--wouldn't she know he'd be scared off (understandably so) at the prospect?

And, okay, one more thing: what the hell was Yota doing sitting in a chair in the corner while the stage was being dismantled? Everyone else was gone. Had Sexy CEO told him to wait for her? No, because he seemed shocked to see her, when she approached. So why the hell was he there? Why wasn't he rushing off to see Inawhatserface?

UGH--absolute garbage.

This point(s) baffles me the most. It is crystal-clear who the love interest for Yota is and he is not going to throw his years of efforts for a shag with the horny lawyer. Why would Hina push this? Yes, Yota looks physically attracted to Kako, but I thought that was more as an idol admiration, platonic, not really being susceptive to love her. We all have these kind of people.

As somewhat of a resonable ending to all this mahjong gambit would be Yota running to Kyouko. But, yeah, he got stuck on a chair there, waiting, while he visibly got Kyouko excited with his fake games (Though, honestly she didn't wait and went home alone without at least Ashura? Quite the friend). After the somewhat piano-of-a-success this could be another good shot at getting that stoic waifu and Hina was supporting Yota going for it/it is not for her wasting time. Or is she havng just fun? Mocking him? I don't understand her purpose, reasons. Is she showing off? Is she a jester?

For me, Maeda is gathering some random ideas which he finds entertaining and is dropping them there with the belief the audience will laugh hard on them. Maybe if I was a pro at mahjong, I might have found the dessecration of this game funky, who knows? However mixing that milf there was definitely a weird step. My feeling is that the story/mystery is too shallow for even 1 cour and we are forced to have just these tiny bits of info per episode so it doesn't drain fast enough.

Last edited:
Episode 4... and I woke up in such a good mood.
I play Mohjong. Just no.

I enjoyed the 5 minutes in the beginning. As it continued, my distain only grew.

Also, what is the appeal to Izanami? She's a hot girl who you happened to be friends with but you don't know any of her interests, and she does not understand nor care much about you, apparently. Didn't stay to congratulate you like your friend did, couldn't take a social cue from your friend, and supposedly her friend too, who did wait and came to support you knowing absolutely nothing about the game. Drop her in the same dumpster as Odin.

Did you ever get the feeling that all of this might be some sort of simulation? Just a nagging feeling I'm getting.
We've wasted 17 days in 4 episodes. The end of the world can't come fast enough. Reducing to a 2.5 ranking.

Interesting poster which I didn't see before. Not that it does answer something we probably don't know..

kv.jpg

I play Mohjong. Just no.
Oh, perfect! Exactly how inconceivably wrong was it?

I feel like this would have been similar to a soccer episode where one team was allowed to throw the ball and the other wasn't. Or a chess match where one player was allowed to say his king was actually a one of the other pieces in disguise and then shoot his opponent in the face.

I've never played, but I was so disturbed by last night's episode that I had a dream where I was ferrying a mahjong board (is...there a board?) from one place to another, trying to keep it as pristine as possible.

...until I realized all the tiles were made of chocolate. And ate them.

Um...p-pon?

My feeling is that the story/mystery is too shallow for even 1 cour and we are forced to have just these tiny bits of info per episode so it doesn't drain fast enough.
I'm inclined to agree with you.

If the show was more clearly about Odin choosing to spend the final days on the planet trying to make Yota's life as good as possible (b/c she finds him worthy or some nonsense), then all the random crap would seem to make sense. Or, really, even if she was sticking to her original premise of wanting to experience the world before it was destroyed, then she would have a plan so much as a series of reactions to things placed in front of her. But...ugh, I just don't--

Wait.

Wait, how in the f*** did she win the online tournament to even get Yota to that match? Does she actually know how to play and deliberately misled him because she knew it would make Sexy CEO drench herself over it?

WHAT THE F*** WAS THAT EPISODE?!

Also, what is the appeal to Izanami?
I'm always of the mindset that if the character likes a girl coming into the story, then it's typically only necessary to accept that there's a good reason for it, from his perspective. As in, it's only important to the story that he likes her.

Also, typically, these stories have him run into a new girl who we spend way more time with who he is eventually supposed to end up with, making the need for the audience to understand much less important that we might initially think. (That isn't always the case (Nisekoi and Toradora spring to mind, for example), but often the original crush is not someone the MC already interacts with, so his adoration of her is based on things that mostly exist in his head anyway.)

That said...she's pretty?

No, I mean, you're not wrong that something is missing, there. If I had to put a name to it, though, I'd probably say it was less that we don't see much personality out of her than it is that we don't see much friendship out of her side of things. Like, prior to her voluntarily tagging along, this week, she hasn't shown much in the way of attentiveness. Like, I know she's deadpan, but there are ways to betray that placid exterior that don't involve showing a lot of emotion.

...though she did go to that baseball thing without complaint. Hmm.

Did you ever get the feeling that all of this might be some sort of simulation? Just a nagging feeling I'm getting.
Something's definitely amiss. Though whether it's Yota's perceptions of the universe or bad writing, I couldn't say.

HOWEVER...we've yet to see the Mad Haxxer interact with the same world bubble as Yota's stuff. We assume they're in the same plans of reality, as it were, but we don't actually know that. There would seem to be overlap between them, since Sexy CEO was hosting that event...but she does seem to have two different roles in each side of the story, given that fanboy Yota didn't list her as being the CEO of anything when spouting her CV at Odin like an absolute dweeb that I have never once been at all like in reference to a TV broadcaster ever in my life ever he's such a dweeb right guys.

So, um, it's certainly possible.

Interesting poster
Yeah, that's...an odd one. They're using it for the dub, it looks like, if that...matters.

Well, the assumption is that he's trying to track her, even if Sexy CEO hasn't mentioned her by name. So I suppose there's that.

Although...it's also possible that, given the above, she's sending him after Yota, who is being kept alive in some kind of VR stasis chamber, and he's the "family" of that scientist they were talking about in that weird interview scene.

EXCEPT...we saw that moment with Yota's parents and sleeping Odin, which was entirely outside of his perspective and, therefore, not something the simulation would have produced.

UNLESS...he's in a holodeck of some kind, and he's not the only one. Like, his parents are real (though perhaps not his parents) and Odin is a harbinger of the end of the simulation that they knew would crop up eventually.

Or Yota's a clone. Just like Odin.

Or whatever it's all a mess anyway.

#WhoCaresMoreSoraPlease

Episode 5... aww fuck this series.
This barely half assed piece of shit series just made me cry. Assholes!
At least it wasn't due to the main cast cause I wouldn't forgive myself; just a side character and a super minor character.
So, going way back, it reminded me of the mid 90s series Sorcerer Hunters, which was a CRAPPY series, like if it's ranked higher than 2.5 I'll be surprised, but there's a stand alone episode, #4 if memory serves, that is a bittersweet charming tale much like this one. And much like that one episode, I doubt it will save this series.
But look at the facts: minimum Yota+minimum Odin=good episode. More of this.
Best episode, but a low bar to reach; kind of been the theme this week.

Episode 5

Oh well, oh well. Did we move somewhere significant? No, but some days have gone past or rather we got closer to the end of the world again. Not really in the most significant manner, but..

I a going to steer away from calling it the best episode, since in terms of plot, info, development, it was way bellow avarage. Even it wasn't entertaining, but Maeda dropped on us one of his classic-like episodes of feels. Getting to the point of Kyouko and her father rewieving this tape felt like ep 10 of Violet Evergarden. I didn't honestly like much the way we got there, since it had to use excuses as Kyouko's birthday, then some weird restaurant strolling, faking the underworld phone and all just to basically tell Kyouko the father has the videotape. I guess it made Youta get some points in Kyouko's eyes and in my eyes Kyouko got a bit more points too by finally being less stoic and actually warming up to Youta. Yeah, the TV scene was pretty touching, I always fall for it, but honestly that was the only + of this episode.

What I liked less
1) Does the ending mean what I think it does? Does that really mean Hina is falling for Youta too? Uh, no, no, why. Are we triangling?
2) I feel one of the goals for this anime from Maeda is playing with the voice of Hina. Behind glass, eating, weird voice, shouting voice, lots of mutations.
3) Again, the father of Kyouku has absolutely different facial lines like the rest of the cast, joining Youta's father. Why the adult males are so different and the girls are so KEYish? It is a bit disturbing.

Except of that, why this episode exists? Really for some random feels? Uhm, that's just..weak. Gosh. I have miscelaneous feelings.

kind of been the theme this week.
I thought i had read this in at least one other topic!!!

Ep5
So the story with something or another -san... or Izanami? I dunno, that girl again. It was a rather touching moment/story, actually i did like it but i felt the impact wasn't so great, like sure, it started to hit me a bit in the end with the videos but i think if this was done to a more relevant/less minor character this would of landed x10 more impact, because girl-nami is kinda pointless at this point and rather lacking... whilst i wont say it didn't get some emotional response, it equally feels like it wasted a feelings scene of a character we don't much care for, which if done to a relevant character would of been much more better... i just repeated myself... sorry.

HOWEVER - i am glad Yota wasn't trash and didn't use this moment to ask her out, whilst he did help her out and potentially forever improve her and her dads relationship, i still have to agree with him, it feels like he is cheating. The fact is, she rejected him if she suddenly says yes it would feel so fake, i wont say you can't change someone's opinion of you, hell, this is the very essence of dating, to create a good impression, but with one good deed and she is yours? Nah, i wouldn't buy into that. Not overnight, at least if she came to appreciate what he had done and realise how it changed her life, that would be different but after a day? Nope.
Thankfully my words are wasted here, he didn't ask and even more, nothing said she would of said yes anyways. All the same, credit to the guy from not asking, it would of just felt like he helped her for her to date him, even if that wasn't his goal.

That aside, anyone else think their plan was... how to say it... sick? Like, really really messed up? Yes it worked and they certainly had good intentions but to mimic her dead mother on the phone and pretend she is speaking is... just wrong. Maybe i am looking too much into it though, i do see how it was a good deed and more-so, how it did help both her and her dad so i mean, alls well that ends well i guess but it just felt off whilst they performed said act.

Anyways, we down to less than 2 weeks until the world ends and it's not a big issue... yet.

On that, i did pic up on one thing:
This could be me, but Hina (ahem - Odin) seemed pretty focused on her mother... maybe to capture her character well... or....
iuoWCnS.jpg
Moving on though,

Again, this could be me overthinking things but her reactions to mother and child
TcUP03p.jpg

Equally, how she quickly barked back at his speculation on her attitude when talking about mothers
GstjwjG.jpg

ewGL801.jpg

this could all be in my head but whilst we know something happened with her, i am certain it's all focused on her parents, she seemed defensive here and it felt like she was pouting when he questioned her...
just some food for thought anyways.

Back