Sirius the Jaeger

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by ZetsubouKaiji, May 24, 2018.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

I'm surprised the main Jaeger werewolf isn't voiced by Yuki Kaji.

So I guess this is Underworld the Anime. Paint me unenthused. The only thing of interest here is the 1930s setting.

Zed60K, Thrawn and Shikiya like this.
  3. Shikiya

Shikiya Well-Known Member

Posted by Shikiya on Jul 8, 2018
    Wow, this thread is clean.

Looks mediocre, could be interesting, but could be a totes flop.
    Reminds me of 91 days.

ZetsubouKaiji and Zed60K like this.
  4. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jul 8, 2018
    Yeah, the premise, just doesn't grab me at all here. It's P.A. works, so it'll have spiffy looking animation, but they've been hugely hit or miss for me over the years. And a P.A. works original at that, leaves me feeling highly skeptical.

ZetsubouKaiji and Shikiya like this.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  5. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Jul 9, 2018
    By the title, I thought this was going to be about a drunken Irishman or Pacific Rim: The Anime. Instead it's what @ZetsubouKaiji said. I'm glad he did because I couldn't remember that vampire vs werewolf franchise.

Shikiya and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  6. SpanglishJC

SpanglishJC Well-Known Member

I think this show is worth trying based on it being a P.A. Works original. I can always drop it if it turns out to be shit.
    That second sentence makes me so glad I have not fallen into the rabbit hole that the AP way - never drop your shows.

Shikiya and ShinShini like this.
  7. ShinShini

ShinShini Database Moderator

I'm always glad to see another person who hasn't lost his goddamn mind.

Shikiya and SpanglishJC like this.
  8. ShinShini

Ep1:
    I'm not sure if the story goes anywhere unique, but it's a strong first episode. The characters are likeable and the action sequences are very well choreographed and animated. Let's just hope the plot is equally creative.

Hotaru16 likes this.
  9. Nanaminchan

Nanaminchan New Member

Ok uhm I'm always kinda confused with first episodes, because it's been a long time since I've read the synopsis hehe. But the show looks promising!

Some of you may wonder what "jaeger" means, cause I did myself. But I think it's supposed to be the danish word for "Hunter", so "Jæger" ("ae" becomes "æ" in danish). It could also be the word for hunter in dutch, german, norwegian or swedish, which is spelled in almost the same way. I was kinda annoyed, cause I didn't know how to pronounce the title lol

Shikiya likes this.
  10. Shikiya

Shikiya Well-Known Member

ep 1

What a mediocre episode. With vampire and werewolf themes being plastered across all forms of media nowadays, this was no better than any of them.
    Pair it with the settings of 1930s Japan, and you got oil mixed with water.
    The cast is questionable too, and the pacing of the plot is not intense enough to keep you from wondering about background information, though they maybe inferred.

So it was a flop.

Zed60K and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  11. Hotaru16

Hotaru16 New Member

I might be easier to please than most here. Guess I'm a sucker for stories with Vampires and Werewolves. Throw in a setting in 1930's Japan and we're good to go. I really enjoyed the first episode and can't wait to see where this anime goes. I thought the action scenes were nicely animated and the music that went with it suited it well. I like that you have enough of a sense of what the background is without knowing how this whole series will go, just from the first episode. The main character is pretty standard, rebellious youth with tragic backstory who is better at everything than the people around him, but I still found him interesting enough to not be put off by this. I'm hoping that they can keep improving the story as the season progresses. Yes, this could be better, but I felt it was pretty solid. I say, give it a go - you can always drop it if you don't like it.

12. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Well-Known Member

First episode was "okay". Enough action to keep it moving.

13. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 1.
    Action, fighting and blood.

Me likey.

ShinShini likes this.
  14. knoxyal

knoxyal Database Moderator

I liked the first episode. The lead character seems likeable.

ShinShini likes this.
  15. Being PA Works i think this at least deserves the 3 episode rule. So far so good, not a brilliant episode but good enough one to keep me interested. And the animation is on point.

16. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

So far it seems okay. The studio seemed to be eager to lure the audiences with the action, but there's nothing wrong with that. Yully is looking to be a pretty capable badass, but let's see where it goes from here.

ShinShini likes this.
  17. ShinShini

Ep2:
    The action sequences continue to being good. They are still well animated and superbly choreographed. The characters are still likeable and easy to differentiate.
    But if they don't pick up with the story next week and give me a reason to care about them then I'll drop it. Currently they throw a bunch of words and proper nouns at you like confetti, like "Uhuhhhuh, look how mysterious the story is!", but I start to doubt that there is any good story behind it.

18. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Well-Known Member

Poor kid, seeing her dad die like that.

And that other girl just saw her "crush" killing monsters...

I was bored half the episode...

19. q66

q66 Active Member

Posted by q66 on Jul 22, 2018
    Episode 1:

an action schlock with a fair amount of edge partially saved by its premium production values, seems aware of itself well enough so might as well try some more

ShinShini likes this.
  20. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Episode 2.
    Yo, that shit was bad to the ass!
    Busted that skank vampires knock off Camille leg and kicked it straight through vampire science dads neck.
    That was a baller move.