Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

The mc literally fell in love with the herione at first sight and chased after her the first + second episode.

How can anyone be surprised this is at least partially a romance?

The mc literally fell in love with the herione at first sight and chased after her the first + second episode.

How can anyone be surprised this is at least partially a romance?

Dude said romance/harem. Though I'm not surprised by that either as my jaded nature sees any modern anime story beginning with "guy falls into some fantasy realm" as something that will undoubtedly turn into one eventually.

Episode 6:
Yeeesh. So Rem's the killer. I guess that "fanatical demon" exchange between Subaru and Rem last episode was the important hint. Anyhoo, first I thought Subaru getting killed has probably something to do with Emilia and the royal election. I guess that's not the case anymore after that ogre story and this reveal. Also, I heard this certain arc will last until episode 10. I hope the pacing won't suffer if that's true.

6:

Well at least the next episode promises to be different. Considering since episode 4 all we've gotten was boring SOL shit followed by a cliffhanger, that's certainly something.

Also Subaru will never look cool when doing the Saturday Night Fever pose

Last edited:

Now that makes the 2nd time I've heard that red and blue Ogre story, So I guess it's a common Japanese child story or something.

I'm wondering if a jealousy thing might cause Rem or Ram to be the killer on a dime. I;m not certain if Rem is the only killer for a few reasons, 1) in episode for, Ram was the suspicious one sitting in the Master guy's lap. 2) Rem's method of killing is different this episode than the method used in episode 5.

Lastly, what makes me think the killer might change is that Subaru got along well with Rem more in episode 5, but this episode he got along better with Ram, and in the end Rem tried to kill him in a much different way that in the last episode.

As for the Emilia thing, "easy to please" seems about right, he won't have to focus on building a relationship with her, doesn't look like it will be a problem as long as the people trying to kill him thing is out of the way.

Interesting, he went for the house guest status instead of the worker status.
Seems like it's hurting him in the long run though, as he isn't getting as much interaction as he was before...

I think the most interesting aspect is that Beatrice is "outside of time" so to speak. She recognizes and remembers MC, and may even be aware of his death. That haven't really alluded to that, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was aware of it.

Okay, this ogre story is really upsetting. The foreshadowing is not looking good... :crying:

Ho, the ogre story seemed to confirm his killer(s).
Ontop of the fact that he chose to leave, he's making good choices. He's a great MC.

I FUCKING KNEW IT!

I think the most interesting aspect is that Beatrice is "outside of time" so to speak. She recognizes and remembers MC, and may even be aware of his death. That haven't really alluded to that, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was aware of it.

Not the case, she remembers him from the very first time he woke up after the battle with the crazy chick. he looked up to the ceiling and said "I don't know this ceiling". He then walked out and went into her room and pissed her off. And then she electrocuted him, it was the feeling of dying she eluded to him already experiencing in the latest episode. He passed out and awoke in the same bed and said "I know this ceiling". That is the moment in time that became his new checkpoint.

That is why she remembers him, She was the only person he came in contact with in the mansion before the new checkpoint was established.

As for the decisions he makes. I can't say it's all bad or all great. My biggest gripe is that he should try to at least explain his resurrection issue with Emilia and Puck, since he really seems to want to continue his life in the parallel world with them. It would make it a lot simpler in the future should other check point issues show up. Like in Steins;Gate, I forget what Okabe's ability was called, but once he told everybody about it, it was mud simpler for him to inform them on events in which to come. In this case, The more people MC has brainstorming his death loop the better. It's a valid reason he brought up in saying they might suspect him of being in league with the assassin, but personally, I can't get over Puck's constant "I can tell he's not lying" comments. I think he can trust telling puck anything at this point, but he has obviously ignored the greater knowledge the spirits seem to possess.

This is the best show I've seen in quite a while. I hope it lasts longer than 12 eps, or at least that there's another season in the future.

Ep 7 was brutal. It flew by too. I'd have sworn it was only the halfway point when it ended.

ep 7

I like, indeed it ended too early.

one gripe........

The vague reasoning for Satoru not telling them about the time leaping. The was that visual representation of fear. he used the word fear, was he too afraid to tell them or was there an unknown force at play stopping him from speaking specifically about whats going on?

I can accept the latter, but the former would be a pretty lame plot stretching device as I couldn't begin to relate to why he'd be so afraid to confide those events.

7:

Well this wasn't boring but I still have my scrapes with the show

Namely, the "kill first ask questions later approach of the sister and the fact that Subaru thought that surviving X amount of days would fix anything. It didn't work for Satoru in BokuMachi and it didn't work here.

At least these resets are really getting to the dude.

Last edited:

7:

Well this wasn't boring but I still have my scrapes with the show

the fact that Subaru thought that surviving X amount of days would fix anything. It didn't work for Satoru in BokuMachi and it didn't work here

I disagree.

He wasn't making any progress surviving until the dead end, so the best alternative is to attempt to go as far as you can to see what additional information on the situation he can gather. And it did work for him in some ways because he learned that the curse wasn't targeting Subaru specifically, and confirmed that Rem wasn't the shaman inflicting it. I don't know if he honestly believed surviving past the dead end would fix everything, but it's something to try, and he's desperate.

I disagree.

He wasn't making any progress surviving until the dead end, so the best alternative is to attempt to go as far as you can to see what additional information on the situation he can gather. And it did work for him in some ways because he learned that the curse wasn't targeting Subaru specifically, and confirmed that Rem wasn't the shaman inflicting it. I don't know if he honestly believed surviving past the dead end would fix everything, but it's something to try, and he's desperate.

I agree with this stance.

At this point, there is really no choice left other than to live out the day, he's tried being a worker, he's tried being a guest, he tried leaving and tried getting on everyone's good side.

after learning his killer/s was someone he thought he was getting along with, he tried staying out of their way this time. He probably didn't know what was going to happen, but what option what you have chosen?

From the outside looking in, the best option seemed to me to be either tell everyone, or at least Emilia and Puck what was going on, and that thought crossed his mind, but he was unable to do that for.......who knows, maybe somebody can tell me because I really don't know. Next best option is to leave the mansion and not look back, but in his shoes, he's too attached to everyone there to walk away.

Now he has more info that can help, *knowing how to manipulate Beatrice into protecting him should worse come to worse. *Knowing that everyone in the mansion his packing a lot of power and he can't physically fuck with anyone there. *knowing that they are suspicious of him from the break so he should act more transparent *knowing that something else is still there causing all the trouble.

I disagree.

What I meant was him surviving a bit longer wasn't going to make blue any less likely to try and kill him (he did not know she would die from the curse in his place.) Remember the 2nd time he died in the mansion? That was likely the first time she killed Subaru so it stands to reason that the two would confront each other at some point again past the 4th day.

What I meant was him surviving a bit longer wasn't going to make blue any less likely to try and kill him (he did not know she would die from the curse in his place.)

in her interrogation of him, she made it very clear it was his actions that made her want to kill him, mainly the actions involving interacting with her sister.

SO surviving the night specifically, probably wasn't going to do the trick, but he had the right Idea staying away from them. They probably only saw him as a rude guest this time.

Episode 7
An enjoyable episode I guess. Rie Murakawa's anguished screams were good. My only complaint was that black mist thingy. The heck was that all about? Is that one of the drawbacks of his ability? Will some unknown force trigger a heart attack if he spilled everything?

Last edited:

Episode 7
An enjoyable episode I guess. Rie Murakawa's anguished screams were good. My only complaint was that black mist thingy. The heck was that all about? Is that one of the drawbacks of his ability? Will some unknown force trigger a heart attack if he spilled everything?

Thats what I want to know.......

after he froze, he said his voice works but......... "the fear is engraved in me"

It was frustratingly vague as to exactly why he wouldn't talk. It has something to do with fear, But I think his monologue could have done a much better job filling us in. too many questions from that moment.

*was the ire hand thing a symbolization of said fear?
*Was it an actual thing that he can't see waiting to kill him for good if he talks?
*Is he afraid to talk for reasons he made himself
*is he afraid to talk because he actually feels some sort of physical discomfort when he's talking?

Puck already claimed he/she can read minds, I guess the extent of that is limited to lies, malice and what not.

Beatrice Smelled the Jealous witch on him and said he was in favor of the witch or some shit, perhaps whoever the witch is, is the reason he revives. I think Rem or Ram brought up the witch in a previous episode, and "Satella" the 1st name Emilia gave to Subaru was later learned to be the name of the Jelous witch. With multiple references, this witch is obviously a big part of the overall story, but might not be the cause of the current trouble........

is everyone just forgetting that this isn't the first time we saw that mist hand? it was the thing that triggered the transportation in the first episode. so it's fair to that whatever brought him into this world is the same thing stopping him from spilling the beans

is everyone just forgetting that this isn't the first time we saw that mist hand? it was the thing that triggered the transportation in the first episode. so it's fair to that whatever brought him into this world is the same thing stopping him from spilling the beans

Yup, totally forgot that........

while he was hearing his own cries from the future.......pretty creepy in hindsight. Probably has something to do with the witch, but like you say, since the hand seemed to drag him into the world, I guess the recent animation of the hand was interfering with him saying anything.

Though even with that as the case, I'm not satisfied with "The fear is engraved in me". If he actually felt something, I think he should have been more clear about it.

Just watched all 7 eps...I like it. Im always a sucker for RPG/Trapped in another world but this is darker as I expected. This start reminded me of Steings:Gate, the mysterious opening which probally is explained later on or at the very end.

As for the hands remarks, its also in the opening where they pull him away just at the moment he meets his friends. I dont think its just fear but a curse by the witch. When he wanted to tell his ability Beth noted the smell of the Witch was even stronger as usual, even the blue sister smelled it.

Im curious how he will escape this fate, I dont think getting chummy with both girl equally is going to save him (the one he spend least time with killed him in both occasions, first the pink next the blue). So does he go to the clown guy who seems to be involve?

Back