Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Ep 9

I take my last post back.
I think he doesnt die and makes it into a new day

A man must never go back on his words bro.

I think so too. There isn't much else different there can be done with these days, and he's accomplished all of the objectives....assuming all of those kids make it through as well. Speaking of side characters dying, I just know one day in another arc Subaru will get knocked out when somebody he wants to protect dies, but he'll lose his save point because he still technically progresses; he'll try killing himself in order to do it again right but discover he lost the chance. Right now not being careful doesn't have too many consequences beyond having to repeat the story again for us, so I'm expecting this sort of tension to be introduced down the road.

well.......

The 1st arc ended exactly like this. They cleared everything, and then trolled the audience with Subaru being given a massive injury to his stomach producing a gush of blood that looked Positively fatal.

8 & 9
I'm so used to there not being an OP I had forgotten how good it was. :megusta:
For me, 8 seemed to be the best episode to date. We got a lot of emotional pay off, and development for Subaru and we learned more about his aptitude for magic and his connection with the Jealous Witch. Great stuff.

I like how he was a bit turned off by the fact that his magic was mostly Debuffs too. :laugh:

In terms of 9...
I agree with tootalls; that ending push did seem forced. Especially now that it is potentially going to reset everything and he's going to lose more progress.

Overall, a good episode with finally getting into a positive direction. I definitely don't think this was the best so far though, I still think 8 holds that title.

This episode just makes me think more about what's to come. And hoping that if we don't get 24 eps, there will at least be a Season 2 in the near, near future.

This episode just makes me think more about what's to come. And hoping that if we don't get 24 eps, there will at least be a Season 2 in the near, near future.

It's already been confirmed that this is going to be a two cour show.

and thank god for that.

Or me, you can thank me. I deserve praises after all for being such a miserable existence while still managing to stick around. :p

totally forgot what I wanted to say about the last episode side from.........

oh noes!! spoiler button........were have you gone???

oh..........

Yeah, finally a clear representation that the witch is indeed restraining him from talking about his situation. it was implied before but the dialogue surrounding it was pretty vague at that time.

Episode 10

We've gotten spoiled with most of the episodes cutting out either the OP or ED for more content. In this, we got both and I really wished they weren't there so we could get 3 more minutes of stuff happening. This anime is on a roll. Nothing can stop it!

sure have, but the ending really got to me this time. I enjoyed it, but it was bitter sweet because of course I would have rather seen what happens next >_>

Well I got my brother into the show and ended up picking up on some dialogue that flew over my head.

It was easy to find the dog biting Subaru, but they only showed it once before they raised the suspicion that someone from that village cursed Subaru. If I had seen it in the dialogue, I would have actually suspected the dog. I mean it's obvious that the dog did have to bite him every time he was cursed, but the fact that even when they decided other things were more important to actually animate, they decided mentioning the bite and shopping trip was important. I just have to question why he allowed it to happen again after that time, if the bite needed a bandaid, it at least hurt enough to know to avoid the dog in the future. It made sense the last time as he was intending to touch everyone, but the time in-between..........perhaps he's just reckless and doesn't give a shit.

Right after this scene, this happened:

Subaru as per usual was fooling around with Beatrice and eventually dismissed. That line she used at the end indicates she sensed the presence of the curse, but decided it either wasn't her place to say anything or it wasn't worth telling him about his impending death. This contradicts Subaru's recently spewed theory that Beatrice is a nice person. She told him about his most recent curse presumably because of all the hectic situation surrounding it, such as the maids, and Puck being in the know and showing concern. In the new case, she can't do anything about the curse, in this 1st case, it was a 1 bite curse that we already saw she would of had no issues removing. So I'm sorry subaru, Beatrice is not the sweetheart loli beneath a cold exterior you think she is, she appears blunt and cold, and that is exactly what she is.

Lastly, looking back at the 1st arc, I'm more convinced we haven't seen the last of felt. I always thought it was strange how the night suddenly went crazy and arrested her, I started thing about the questions he asked her. "whats family are you from?" "how old are you now?". She barely knew her own age so she's probably clueless, but given the knowledge we now have on the insignia she stole being what qualifies emilia to be king, I'm thinking the knight suddenly recognized felt as belonging to one of the rival royal families, and being in possession of the insignia may have qualified her to be king. It was all cool when he thought a common their stole it, but when he looked at her, he freaked.............

well yeah...thats that.....

Nothing but good.

They gave him a bug. :laugh:

Another great episode, that one probably felt like it moved the fastest for me.

I'm a little disappointed that Subaru wasn't able to properly defeat any of the mabeasts. I thought he would at least get one or two get shots in with that nice sword. I guess it was all meant to build up to saving Rem though, that was his time to shine.

Anyway, hyped for next week, as always.

Episode 11

I love this anime. Suuuuuuper pumped for the next episode, since it appears
we'll be starting a brand new arc of awesomeness. :megusta:

Yeah

I'm ready for the ball to start rolling.......

one thing I'm mildly worried about.

clown guy vows to win the battle for the thrown, but Emilia is the heir..........I wonder if that will be a problem......

one thing I'm mildly worried about.

clown guy vows to win the battle for the thrown, but Emilia is the heir..........I wonder if that will be a problem......

I got a sort of "I'm a manipulator" vibe from him (more in a selfish way - I don't view him as a bad guy). He seems like he wants to use Emilia for his own means by having her get to the thrown. We're lacking too much right now to make good assumptions though, but guesses are all game.

Man, when we first met Rem and Ram I'd never have even imagined that we'd get so much out of them. What a fantastic bit of character development. I hope we get the same for the other characters - it'd be really disappointing if Roswal and Subaru himself didn't get any - and downright shameful if Emilia didn't.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen anime skip so many OPs/EDs in favor of actual content. We're on episode 11 and I think we've had less than a dozen total between the two.

Man, when we first met Rem and Ram I'd never have even imagined that we'd get so much out of them. What a fantastic bit of character development. I hope we get the same for the other characters - it'd be really disappointing if Roswal and Subaru himself didn't get any - and downright shameful if Emilia didn't.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen anime skip so many OPs/EDs in favor of actual content. We're on episode 11 and I think we've had less than a dozen total between the two.

I appreciate it too, even thought I enjoy the ed, at least they play the melody sometimes near the end of the episodes.

Episodes 11:
And that's it for this arc. It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it a lot. I guess the Trails in the Sky-ish pacing of the first few episodes of this arc was a bit of a turn-off, but I'm really glad they took their time. And I called it again though it became quite very obvious in the last two episodes. The little girl was indeed the culprit. Well time get to hyped for the next arc.

Last edited:
Ep 12

I fucking called it.

Lastly, looking back at the 1st arc, I'm more convinced we haven't seen the last of felt. I always thought it was strange how the knight suddenly went crazy and arrested her, I started thinking about the questions he asked her. "what family are you from?" "how old are you now?". She barely knew her own age so she's probably clueless, but given the knowledge we now have on the insignia she stole being what qualifies emilia to be king, I'm thinking the knight suddenly recognized felt as belonging to one of the rival royal families, and being in possession of the insignia may have qualified her to be king. It was all cool when he thought a common theif stole it, but when he looked at her, he freaked.............

Episode 12

Oh snap.

Felt is a princess. The main plot is at long last being set up. And this is about halfway over now. :flip:

EDIT: Looks like this arc in the manga has a decent amount of translated chapters out. Guess I know what I'll be doing shortly. :megusta:

Last edited:
episode 12
It was nice to have a laid back episode this time. It took the time to set things up for now, i cant wait!

i don't like the way Subaru was acting this episode, he is taking his white knight act a bit too far for my personal liking.

Back