Golden Kamuy

ep 1

Sure, pacing is bit off, CG insert was a trash move, but everything else is good enough.
It's about what you would expect from an adaption without notable fundings.

I like the characters, plot, and the atmosphere of the work as whole a lot though.
I feel like I would really enjoy reading the manga

Yeh, CGI bear sucked! The rest not bad. Ainu good twist. Hope the hype comes true. Has potential. Thanks to @GenSan, I'm reading J. Ito. P.S. This must be good since all everyone is doing is bitching about CGI bear and the rest of the story. Score a good anime!

Last edited:
You know what though guys, even though it looks dark ahead, maybe more than a little bit bleak, since we're all here together I'm sure we'll be able to siphon the maximum amount of enjoyment out of this. I'll provide the gifs, we'll all try and commentate as best we can and provide some reasonable points of view on everything. Though it may be hard, though we may feel sometimes like there's no way to be positive or make light of the CGI or inconsistent wavering affectations in newmanglobe's quality, we can and will get through this. At least commenting on it together, will make it more

BEARABLE.

tenor.gif

THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG SEASON

You know what though guys, even though it looks dark ahead, maybe more than a little bit bleak, since we're all here together I'm sure we'll be able to siphon the maximum amount of enjoyment out of this. I'll provide the gifs, we'll all try and commentate as best we can and provide some reasonable points of view on everything. Though it may be hard, though we may feel sometimes like there's no way to be positive or make light of the CGI or inconsistent wavering affectations in new manga lobe's quality, we can and will get through this. At least commenting on it together, will make it more

BEARABLE.

tenor.gif

THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG SEASON

The immovable smart ass! Love you all! Keep it up!

I guess this thread is bearable. Sorry! I could not help myself! I think the show will be good. I'm always a smart ass.

On a slightly brighter note: The preview of the next episode had someone I'm assuming is not a main-cast member read out the upcoming episode title.
And he KINDA sounds like Fumihiko Tachiki. Oh gods please. Him. Narrator. Please.

You bet your ass it was Fumihiko. I've watched Kaiji so many times I'd know that voice anywhere. If they do have narration it better be him. Bonus points if he gets to ham it up a bit.

All these posts and not a single mention of Takamura. What are you shitposters doing with your lives. This is how you fight a fuckin' bear.

The episode was okay.
I wasn't particularly impressed with anything other than how bad that bear looked. The premise is interesting, but the episode was doesn't live up to it so far. It's a lot of slogging setup for a team up and treasure hunt that feels fairly preposterous. Like he just happens to have a run in with one of the prisoners and then he just happens to run into the daughter of one of the victims. I'll suspend my disbelief on that part if the anime gets better. A treasure hunt anime would be a lot of fun. The main character has some potential if he can develop beyond a bland tough guy archetype.

Just no more CG animals.

Episode 1
I nearly spit out my coffee at that horrendous bear. What in the world..? Anyways, treasure hunter infantry soldier, and a huntress/warrioress. I'm not familiar with the Ainu, so interesting I guess. Bit far fetched to have a run in right off the bat, and then hey, my dad was one of the guys killed. Yeah..bit to much there. But, I have some small hope for this, especially seeing that combat bit at the start. The two thumbs through the eyes..classic painful way to go. I just hope he doesnt boast he's the Immortal Sugimoto every fight.

First Episode:
A dark anime with greed, treasure hunting and skinning dead people!
This could be the dark anime of the season. Sugimoto is a vicious killer, and Asirpa could be a compelling foil and guide.
I'm not as bothered by the bear as by this shot:
qND4Y18.jpg

That fire looks so fake. I'm not sure what they did for that fire to look that way, but that had my attention much more than the plastic bear.
Add this to my watch list.

EAHXPty.gif

Ugh, that made me want to vomit. Oh well, the premise is pretty intriguing and the music's alright, definitely better action than kokkoku, just as long as they don't do it agai-
2D4nHTJ.gif

Fucking best shit i seen all year!!!

So yeah, glad i wasn't alone on the bear shit, i no joke shouted out (without realising) "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT" not realising it was a bear due to the top not work on their bears, im mind blown on the bear... the GIF is killing me though.

And i am too lazy to repeat others but yeah i liked this episode, bear aside, the story has potential and i didn't get bored at all watching it, i found it quite interesting actually. I will put some hope in this series and maybe put effort into my post next week

First Episode:
A dark anime with greed, treasure hunting and skinning dead people!
This could be the dark anime of the season. Sugimoto is a vicious killer, and Asirpa could be a compelling foil and guide.
I'm not as bothered by the bear as by this shot:
qND4Y18.jpg

That fire looks so fake. I'm not sure what they did for that fire to look that way, but that had my attention much more than the plastic bear.
Add this to my watch list.

I like the situational irony that Sugimoto is supposed to be from civilization, but by nature, he is savage and kills people, while Asirpa is supposed to be from more primitive settings, she is wise and refuses to break human morals.

Eh, the fire looks not too bad. At any rate, better than the freaking garbo bear.

The CGI ruins this one for me, I'll watch a few more episodes but if the budget is this bad I don't think I can take watching this :S

Back