Daily Anime Thoughts

Or at least to last me until Cencoroll 2 came out ;-;
still-waiting-atic-mthruf-com-via-9gag-com-14684311.png

I need this in my life.

Omegaverse exists in your heart
Omegaverse is cancer and can go fuck itself.

D A T : shipping much older characters with younger characters .. scares me
Meh, it's fun if the younger party is at least old enough to consent and it depends on the ship to me. See: the older teenagers in Banana Fish, who know exactly what's going on and what they want and would be okay with someone a bit older given their pasts. But someone who hasn't been exposed to any of that, like, say, Yuri Plisetsky, most likely would not want an older man anywhere near him.

TL;DR: I get you, but it's all about context and the exact characters involved to me.

Omegaverse is cancer and can go fuck itself.

Meh, it's fun if the younger party is at least old enough to consent and it depends on the ship to me. See: the older teenagers in Banana Fish, who know exactly what's going on and what they want and would be okay with someone a bit older given their pasts. But someone who hasn't been exposed to any of that, like, say, Yuri Plisetsky, most likely would not want an older man anywhere near him.

TL;DR: I get you, but it's all about context and the exact characters involved to me.

—->I think that the biggest age gap between characters that are romantically paired that’s acceptable is probably like 5 or 4 years. That’s the limit though, not the preferred. Also it’s true it’s better if they are both are old enough and mature enough to decide that. But like, if they are 10 years apart you gotta admit it’s kind of weird.

—->I think that the biggest age gap between characters that are romantically paired that’s acceptable is probably like 5 or 4 years. That’s the limit though, not the preferred. Also it’s true it’s better if they are both are old enough and mature enough to decide that. But like, if they are 10 years apart you gotta admit it’s kind of weird.
I dunno, 10 years if they're both consenting adults at the beginning is fine. I've seen plenty of ships where it's closer to 15 years (see: Levi/Eren, lol) and that's where it's a bit iffy imo.

I'm not saying everyone has to feel comfortable with it and I'm not trying to say I'm okay with things like that IRL, it's all about context and character dynamics to me. Lee Yut Lung, for example, is maybe 18 at best by the end of the series, but he's more than capable of choosing a romantic or sexual partner for himself, and the characters around him are mostly older men. IRL it would be extremely questionable, but it's fiction, so I'm more forgiving, lol.

Again, it entirely depends on the characters involved for me. And before anyone comes at me: I only ship things where both parties can consent and it's all in good fun.

Remember how Usagi Drop's manga ended? Aaaaah, fun times.
I've only recently finished the anime and I didn't bother with the manga, however based on the reactions, as well as mathematical equation that depend on multiplying it by anime and the year and dividing it by the level of weeb degeneracy of that year, I can make an easy and educated guess about how it ends.

2iqwqb.jpg

How does this relate

Because people were talking about age gaps
Rin graduates high school and wants to marry Daikichi, her foster dad, who's around 40 at that point and also have a baby with him. In this case it's really weird because most of the story is the daughter-father relationship they have before the time skip and the ending basically throws that right out of the window

Because people were talking about age gaps
Rin graduates high school and wants to marry Daikichi, her foster dad, who's around 40 at that point and also have a baby with him. In this case it's really weird because most of the story is the daughter-father relationship they have before the time skip and the ending basically throws that right out of the window
Yeah, this is one of the cases where it's not okay given the implications and whatnot. Again, context.

See also: Kodomo no Jikan. Oof.

Back