Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

Episode 2:

Arsene Lupin master of diguise:
5itkMzm.jpg

Not that I want to give Lupin too much shit, because shooting the marble down the barrel of Van Hellsing's shotgun was the most Lupin way of stopping him so kudos there.

This was a good enough episode. We got some plot development to go along with the hunky boys flirting with the main character.

Like @Zed60K said there's not much to talk about here. The plot is very basic, but the show is enjoyable, because the guys have all been fun so far. They're a diverse bunch and no one seems like a typical reverse harem character so far. The MC is bland, but that's to be expected.

Nothing like an MC who only talks by repeating what the guys say in the form of a question. I feel like I'm playing a steampunk otomege that autoselected my route & the most boring responses. It's a good thing the dudes are more or less watchable.

I wear fake mustaches all the time to fool my relatives.

"Surprise, Mom! It was me, your son, all along!

No, the other son."​

"I feel like his cold eyes could hold me prisoner because I saw sad colors in their depths. Why is he crying?"

This must be what it was like to read 50 Shades of Grey.

Also, crying tends to involve tears, Zero Dimensional Hime-sama. Your attempt at poeticism is ruined when you're staring deeply into his not-crying eyes. Next time try saying his soul or his heart is crying. That'd be super deep and original. Totes romantic.

If there aren't more scenes with the dog next episode, I'm out.

Episode 2

Bit of plot development, romance is budding, and the boys are still cool enough. The episode just served as a way to add a new dude to the crew. As long as the plot keeps developing with the twilight and queen mommy it should be good. Hoping for someone to catch cardias eye other than lupin to give some tension and dimension to the romance rather than it just being a very vanilla MC's falling for each other. Also kind of hoping cardia dies in the end, not entirely cause I don't like her but cause I like romance stories to end in tragedy.

I'm only watching this for Lupin and his steampunk cane... *wants* I mean, no idea how you would use the cane, but look at it!
QyHaBRg_d.jpg

Also, kinda stuck with the rather unemotional Cardia because of Lottery, but at least I get half-jumper Impey and alchemist Victor, too.

Reactions: Zed
Episode 3:

This was still decent, but this episode starts to run into a common problem with VN adaptation. VNs are loooong and it's pretty obvious that there was a lot of story being smashed together here to fit Van's backstory into one episode. The pacing is rushed and nothing has room to breathe. It's all lightweight and nuance is lost leaving it feeling generic.

Also, the art and character designs remain pretty, but the animation was weak this episode, especially during the action scenes.

Then there's Cardia. Now she's a thief and is learning martial arts. Unfortunately none of these pretty boys can teach her to be a good conversation partner or implant a personality in her.

Still not all that bad and far from the worst rushing I've seen in a VN adaptation.

Episode 3

Groundbreaking stuff. From otome game perspective anyway.

You mean the pretty boys will actually help Cardia become useful instead of sheltering her from everything and everyone? Well shit. Hope they teach her human speech next.

Otherwise wow, talk about rushed. So this game has a shotacon route?

Episode 3

I think I've had enough ikemen, literary figure ripoffs, and mumbling protagonist. I'm definitely watching a lot of worse anime this season, but (most of) those aren't by choice. I'm calling it quits before any weird shotacon shit happens.

holy shit, vampires have taken over, i thought they only infested the other Otome of the season.

btw i'm very worried about a wanted terrorist running around the city like nobody cares. or how the kid jumped into the stage, stole the thing, and just stood there introducing himself for us, how considerate of him

Episode 3

Having read Bram Stoker's Dracula...
This is some Gladiator backstory shit right here. Oh, you're getting revenge on your old boss because you wanted to live in peace and he killed your family to teach you a lesson... Van, are you secretly Russell Crowe?

Like, that was so not how that story went at all... Dracula was an old dude who drank pretty lady blood to make himself look attractive... Not a shota...

Maybe it's because I just bought the Chobits manga, but Cardia's speech patterns remind me of Chii. Like I get it, she grew up extremely isolated, but why is her speech so broken and mumbly?

Also, please dear christ, not shotacon route? I'd rather have Sisi be a weredog that that vampire kid be a love interest... (Actually, no Sisi, don't be a weredog, please)

But criticism aside, still one of the better otome's I've seen. Like, at least she's trying to be helpful and not just a waste of animation.

Episode 1

Thanks to my patience, I'm watching this dubbed. No ghetto ass Vietnamese subs for this guy!

I don't know my humming songs but why would he be humming London Bridge is falling down. Oh, right, this is Victorian. Ish.

STRANGER DANGER- Wait, her brother? INCEST DANGER.

There's a girl and she has a harem but she can make people bleed out if she does something to them. And her harem includes Sherlock, Moriarti, Van Helsing and Shakespeare. And Lupin despite him being French.

Also, they're technologically advanced for Victorian era guardsmen.

This guy is a dumbass. He is losing all his blood.

A finger touch and his hand burns.

I certainly hope this takes place during the time of the East India Company, with the British rocking the colonial game. Or the British Empire ruling over India, which is something totally different.

It's the latter, Queen Victoria. I watched Victoria & Abdul earlier today and India was under her rule by then so the EIC was dissolved by then.

His neck is long and this is amusingly cheese.
I love this. Lupin may lack a French accent, but it's theatrical. And their aim is also balls.

I like how the smoke is animal friendly.

This is a strange harem, if the dudes can't touch her bare skin. But at least they can still princess carry her.

That car was nicely animated. Totally authentic.

MP Barbicane? Impey Barbicane, after looking up a catalogue for something or another and then going to A-P to find out an actual name: He's from a Jules Verne novel. This was deliberate and an interesting choice.

VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN THE TERRORIST. THIS IS GREAT.

This reminds me of the sublime Frankenstein movie from the olden days. Good stuff man.

BRITISH IMPERIALISM BITCHES.

I'm guessing it isn't Moe St. Cool.

Dude what.

This also makes me think of Diabolik Douchefucks. I made a reference to this before but really: The girl is sympathetic, the guys are handsome but the guys here are the complete opposite of raging sacks of dicks. They are polite as shit. Like, seriously-

Clothes changing.

Woah. She wears her heart on her sleeve.

-The guys are respectable people even if an ulterior motive is to get those jewels.

Some of the animation is funny, like those whimsy faces for whimsy moments. This is also better looking than some of the other shows I've watched.

Fallen London, amirite? Haha, references!

THAT DOG IS WEARING A HAT
GOOD DOGGIE
10/10 ANIMATION MAKES OTHER SHOWS LOOK LIKE SHIT
DOG IS PIMPED OUT
HE PICKED THE LOCK WITH HIS SWISS ARMY PAW

Random encounter: Wolves attack! Girl uses Acid skin! It's very effective. Critical hit, Damage over time, elemental weakness, bonus damage to flesh- A slow, agonizing death.

This is the best thing I've seen all season so far. In all fairness, everything else I've watched is shit. It also wasn't what I expected because there is a little dog wearing an adorable little top hat with a tricked out, pimped out leg that's absolutely gosh darn cute as a button. I don't want to watch anything else tonight because it will be shit in comparison to that dog.

I wish @Thrawn would keep up with each episode of the season, his commentary is always spot on and amusing

I will try and keep up with all non-Anime Gataris shows by sometime between this week and two weeks before the ending of the season. Because I need to put at least one show on hold that is 12-13 episodes and isn't called "Black Clover or This Show is So Fucking Long That Thrawn Will Marathon It In the Final Two Days or Three Days Depending On How Long Each Episode Is".

Episode 4:

This episode was actually a lot of fun.

I dunno why I was so amused that almost every character is named for a famous literary figure, but then they name the detective Herlock Sholmes. What the hell? Japan usually doesn't give a shit about using the names of literary figures, but then get shy with Sherlock Holmes. Weird.

Anyway Sholmes' faceoff against Lupin was fun. The whole train plan was a fast paced heist even if I knew it was going to end in failure the whole time.

This show continues to be a pleasant surprise. It's best when it's not trying to cram tons of backstory into a single episode.

Episode 4

Wow, you mean this is an actual anime and not just otome game promo? I can't stop being surprised every episode how it masterfully avoids most of the otome game adaptation tropes. It's still pretty cliche but it's not off-putting.

They even chose a clear route. With how prominent Lupin is in this it's no surprise that it's him. Cardia doesn't get tossed from dude to dude but instead she has that almost-kiss moment with Lupin. Glad they didn't smooch, his face would melt off. But I kinda wish they did... Ya know.

Just hope it stay this way and Cardia doesn't start making romantic connection to other guys. I assume otome game adaptations don't have a clear couple so they don't offend fans of other guys or to get as much fan-service as possible into an episode. That just annoys me.

I liked the episode. My mind wasn't blown or anything but I enjoyed myself and the pretty boys.

Edit: Haha, Herlock Sholmes.

Last edited:
Episode 4.

This is turning out to be pretty entertaining to watch, while it's by no means my favorite thing, its not bad by any stretch. The boys all have fun albeit cliched personalities, the story develops each week and has a clear direction outside of who gets to bone cardia.
Really wanted to see lipless lupin but I guess I'll have to wait till we figure out how the boys will suck the acid out of her. Interesting twist with her being that crossdressing twinks sister.
For what it is this show has some meat to it, and I'm not just talking about Van *faints* so dreamy.

Interesting, interesting. I was telling that this might be a decent surprise in the ALG and you all cooled me off! Is it decent ok for a momentarilly rotten guy like me to watch this and not get my eyes melted like Cardia unhappily does?

Interesting, interesting. I was telling that this might be a decent surprise in the ALG and you all cooled me off! Is it decent ok for a momentarilly rotten guy like me to watch this and not get my eyes melted like Cardia unhappily does?
It's something unheard of in otome game adaptions, but it's still average, you probably won't like it, but unlike the Twilight one, it ain't gonna give you a liver failure.

Episode 5:

This episode seemed a bit goofier than normal.
Franken's big plan was to get them absolved for being terrorists, by committing more terrorism. That seems a bit counterproductive.

I still enjoyed it even if it was dumb. I just hope the guy with the mustache joins the harem. We've got a shouta so we need an older dude too.

Back