Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

Episode 7:

This episode was terrible. I know VNs are long and all that, but mashing in two different backstories into one melodramatic episode is never a good idea. I'd rather they just cut material rather than rush through what is probably hours worth of material in the source material.

Cardia's flashback was especially terrible, because they rushed through her forming a bond with the family and wanting to live a normal life with them. Instead, she just runs there and one scene later the torch wielding asshole squad is trying to kill her. I don't buy the mother would put her daughter in danger for Cardia or the sudden appearance of the lynch mob. Instead, they mob just seems like a random plot device and the mother just seems like a way to show Cardia's guilt. It's hamfisted and awful.

Lupin's backstory is just so rushed through the only thing I got out of it was that his master was connected to Cardia's father's plot.

Then all of a sudden London is on fire. Feels like this comes out of nowhere. It seemed like the villains were just setting up and all of a suddent they rush their plans forward.

Reactions: Zed
Episode 7:

This episode was terrible. I know VNs are long and all that, but mashing in two different backstories into one melodramatic episode is never a good idea. I'd rather they just cut material rather than rush through what is probably hours worth of material in the source material.

Cardia's flashback was especially terrible, because they rushed through her forming a bond with the family and wanting to live a normal life with them. Instead, she just runs there and one scene later the torch wielding asshole squad is trying to kill her. I don't buy the mother would put her daughter in danger for Cardia or the sudden appearance of the lynch mob. Instead, they mob just seems like a random plot device and the mother just seems like a way to show Cardia's guilt. It's hamfisted and awful.

Lupin's backstory is just so rushed through the only thing I got out of it was that his master was connected to Cardia's father's plot.

Then all of a sudden London is on fire. Feels like this comes out of nowhere. It seemed like the villains were just setting up and all of a suddent they rush their plans forward.
This was a visual novel? Makes sense. I knew I had seen that kind of weird title punctuation somewhere before...

entertaining but seriously stupid. remove all charges by charging with bombs and it somehow worked.
another random episode, the show is really unfocused, the pacing is erratic it's so annoying. still somewhat entertaining though.
highlight of the episode, is the Hellsing cannon! get it now for a discount!
boooring. the pacing is now starting to get shit fast, something they could've avoided by not wasting time in the last few episodes. and mashing up a bunch of dramatic stories together is never a good idea. and the last thing i need is another melodramatic whales.

Last edited:
errr, this was really really weird, way to start an episode, and it was pointless, it's usage is supposed to build up suspense without spoiling much, yet it tells us something that happens right after the opening. why? because screw smooth story telling.

speaking of silliness, this show is filled with last moment rescues, and it cheapens the whole thing and kills tension. and the bad guys plans are evil just because, but it's ok, everyone has an edgy moment in their life when they seek to destroy the world for some reason. other than that it's ok i guess?

back to the same taboo of showing a picture of your lover in a war, i thought this cliche was centered in western movies only.

ep 12

Those bastards, how dare they burn down my house, it was still on loan! Ii shall sacrifice my son and daughter and use them to fulfill my revenge.

nevermind how he wasn't able to make simple drugs to grow crops, yet was able to create artificial human beings and mass destruction weapons and hologram technology.

Oh no! who would've thought this amazing technology would have a weakness against explosions! and lupin has the amazing ability to plant bombs ahead of time, huh, I bet his Zodiac sign is Sheep.

too bad the villain didn't take into account how he would proceed through his plans to destroy the world once he turned himself into a hologram
this was meeeeeeh ending

Last edited:
On the one hand this show is to be admired, because it went for something different than the usual Otome Games tropes, but on the other it still suffers greatly from the usual problems that arise from adapting loooong visual novels into a one cour anime. The anime started strong, but then the super compressed pacing kicked in and none of the backstories had any impact and they all felt gutted of anything, but the most basic details. The overarching plot lurches along in fits and starts before finally just kicking into gear in the last couple of episodes.

The overall result is a meh show that I really wouldn't recommend to anyone, but fans of the game that want to see it animated. 5 out of 10

Reactions: Zed
Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth was such a fun and entertaining anime to watch! I started to buy the merchandise for it. The anime had some romantic moments. I plan on rewatching it soon during the winter holidays coming up!

The characters are named after a lot of famous figures like the legendary thief: Lupin, and Victor Frankenstein.

I just bought the limited edition Nintendo Switch game for Code Realize: Guardian of Rebirth. I'm looking forward to playing it! I also own the Code Realize artbooks.

Back