Gibiate

I get the fact that the characters are dealing with an extraordinary situation with the whole humans-turning-into-monsters-due-to-a-pandemic thing going on... but I still think they would do more than give a "neato" when confronted by a couple of guys in their bathrobes claiming to be time-traveling warriors.

Other than that suspension of disbelief, it seems interesting so far.

Episode 1:
So far it feels like The Last of Us meets Samurai Jack in regards to the story. Kanzaki and Sanada have been pretty chill so far, despite being placed in a completely different time period. The monster CGI is ugly like I thought it would be. But the characters have been okay so far, and the character design do look nice. So overall, I think the CGI is one of the bigger problems and will probably affect my impression of the anime.

it's another one of those anime where things just kind of happen. i dont hate it, but i am not really that interested right now. They made the concept of
time traveling samurai
boring and the concept of
people transforming into monsters
really dumb and ugly.

Feels like another case of no budget and no passion. The only good part so far are the character designs.

VWA2rIV.jpg

Ah yes, I just love doing brugs.

>a sub-contracting studio that has never produced anything until now
>a sub-contracting studio that has only produced badly animated shorts until now
>yoshitake amano is the original character designer, which means his stuff is gonna get dumbed the fuck down
>the director is also the character designer
>the director is also the chief animation director, along with two other individuals
>the director has also never directed a series before
>the assistant director has also never been the assistant director for a series before
I didn't think it was possible to have a worse production crew than My Sister, My Writer (whose entire production crew like vanished after episode 1), but here we are. Fantastic.

Great premise, terrible execution.
Nevermind the trash CGI, the dialogue is even worse.

Yeah, so we're a time-traveling samurai and ninja.

Oh really? that's cool. Let me explain about these monsters with words like chromosomes, DNA and evolution.
No questions? sweet, on with the show.

I dont even know where this trainwreck is going to head, but whatever the destination, it will be a travesty. As someone mentioned above, the concept of a time-travelling samurai and shinobi, which could be a cool premise, is completely without any sort of emotion or excitement at all. Oh and the creatures, terrible looking, even the human to critter transformation was meh.

Pretty disappointed by this one.

When I first read the premise, I was like okay sooo we're getting something cool like Guyver? Sadly after watching the first episode and nothing making sense, not the 18 year old biologist, or the Samurai and Shinbi inexplicably being sent to the future..other than the creators trying to cash in on the flooded isekai market, to everyone just accepting, oh hey these guys came from another world.

The first episode does nothing to set the tone other than "Generic, Monster filled Post-Apoc world" without truly telling us anything. Sadly I dropped this like a burning rock.

I feel like I'm solely just gonna watch this for Yoshitaka Amano's sexy character designs. <.<

Yeah, kinda this. There's a whole modern-retro aesthetic going on here that I'm really diggin. The CG does suck, and the premise is kind of meh, the technobabble used to explain it is even worse (should've just left it out entirely IMO, fuck it, "people are turning into monsters" and call it good), the animation is not that good but that only reinforces the retro vibe, but I certainly didn't hate the first episode.

I made it through Star Twinkle Precure on Lala alone. I can probably make it through this on just the aesthetics alone. Maybe.

Ep. 2:
So obvious that trouble was going to happen when the old man almost makes it to Sensui. It really does feel like an excuse to show some monster killing, and relying on just that is so boring. I don't even feel like I like the characters, although their designs do look nice. I'd rather be watching High School of the Dead. Even if the series was short lived, at least I had fun with the characters and seeing them survive the zombie apocalypse. This show on the other hand will be a slog to get through.

For once I wish a studio, a new one at that, wouldn't try to cash in on the isekai premise. Cause it feels so uninspiring at this point.

Last edited:
This show has some of the worst lip-syncing I've seen since some of those old dubbed Kung-Fu films from the 70's and 80's.

Also, I was willing to give this silly mashup a chance, but for every minute I watch, I wish that much more they had either chosen to make a samurai and ninja buddy show, or an end of the world monster plague show. Sticking them together like this along with the bad CGI is the equivalent of throwing everything you find in a fridge into the same bowl to see how long it takes to become inedible.

Back