My Dress-Up Darling

This is really cute and somehow wholesome despite it's ecchi elements. I almost passed this up, glad I didn't.

@interregnum I think maybe you might find this your cup of tea? We tend to enjoy some of the same kinds of stories since we're Real Girl Bros and all.
Been watchin' all along--silently--and enjoying it every week. I haven't fallen in love with it, but it's the only truly good show I've watched, this season.

Which means, of course, that you were right!

ezgif-6-2109c2b99028.gif

...so, can someone save me some reading and tell me the top theory of who the little girl from Gojo's past is going to turn out to be? I don't have a lot to say about this series (other than "hey, this is pretty good"), but I am curious what the buzz is about this.

HOLY SHIT CLOVERWORKS THIS IS A GREAT BIRTHDAY PRESENT.

Was not expecting to see this kind of side of Marin this soon, but good lord did it hit different when she went full "i love him" mode. Was pretty refreshing to also see a character who...accepted her feelings so quicklY? Rather than having her trying to sit here and deny it for half a season, she just knew, and was fully accepting of it. AND MAN WAS IT GOD DAMN CUTE.

New girl is pretty cute too but sorry Juju-sama you have literally zero chance at this point. That bit about the hina dolls heads being 'silky smooth' without the hair, in reference to the holy land Gojo just witnessed, that was funny lol.

Episode 6
He not only sews, but can also cook? Where can I find myself a Gojo? Good for you, Marin, for finally realizing that you love this big softie. And yes, it's very cute seeing your love interest having a good relationship with his family.
Oh, no... I know the show has ecchi elements, but I somehow never expected flashing of this level. I mean, she was buck-naked with her legs widely spread, that's hardcore fanservice. I kind of feel bad for Gojo, it's not nice seeing someone's junk when you don't want to. That image must have been burnt into his retinas.
I'm glad his work as a cosplay maker got recognized by more people, but I really hope we will get to a point where he is recognized as well for his preferred craft. But I love how the girl was so captivated by the dolls that for a time she forgot what she came for lol.
Oooh, cristals on a hina doll's kimono. That looks neat.
Girl, don't threaten a boy with a false report for sexual harassment. That's a dick move and you must know better than to abuse the law's protection of sex crime victims. And you even stalked him. That's not alarming or anything. I liked the warning that was shown on the screen. Yes, let's not stalk people.
Marin, you precious child, what is that goofy grin for exactly? Are you happy Gojo and you looked like a couple? Or did you like the reminder that Gojo is single and free to mingle? I need to read the manga. I freaking love this show.

Episode 6.
Well, that was quick. I guess it's easy to fall for a tall, handsome guy with skills like that. Also, them just feeling sorry for her home situation. I was dead over here.

On a side note, I like how they did the screen ratio when they were talking about that anime to make it look like an old show. That was a nice touch.

Last edited:
Episode 6:
This was a great episode. Love-struck Marin is just pure joy. Her expressions are so adorable. We didn't even waste an episode or two of her sorting her feelings and just straight-up admits to herself that she likes Gojo. Definitely refreshing.

Atsumi Tanezaki is a good casting choice for Juju.

Marin is absolutely cute, a dork, but absolutely cute.
Oh right, episode 7.

Screenshot_813.png

Screenshot_820.png

Screenshot_835.png

Screenshot_854.png

Screenshot_867.png

Screenshot_881.png

Screenshot_871.png

Screenshot_890.png

Screenshot_891.png
Screenshot_868.png

Screenshot_848.png
Screenshot_855.png

Screenshot_869.png

Screenshot_880.png
Screenshot_817.png

Screenshot_823.png

Screenshot_840.png

Screenshot_872.png

Screenshot_878.png

Screenshot_899.png

Screenshot_888.png

Screenshot_889.png

Screenshot_905.png

Screenshot_906.png
Screenshot_844.png

Screenshot_841.png

Screenshot_842.png

Screenshot_843.png

Screenshot_897.png
Screenshot_821.png

Finally caught up!
Good stuff so far! Atsumi Tanezaki as Juju? Nice.
I particularly liked to see
Marin's realization that she has a crush. That was such a hype moment in the manga, and a big Reiwa moment.

20220220_173425.png

As someone who watches Pretty Cure, I can confirm this is more accurate than not. Especially when the newest currently airing one literally does this:

Pfft that's nothing, have you seen how Cure Blossom er... punches?

Totally should've done that. Would've been great to see Gojo's reaction.

Didn't expect this series to become one of my favs from the winter season. Glad I checked out this random ecchi, been hooked since the first ep.

celluloid-shot0002.jpg

Back