Television Discussion

Catching up on Riverdale because season 6 is starting up this week. Just the usual stuff,

quasi borderline cult but religious this time, kinda serial murders but this time incest-bred woodniks, multiple musical episodes not including Josey and the Pussycats where that creepy mortician guy is a super fan which was amazing, Archie and others becoming teachers or involved with the school after it got trashed by escaped convicts, Archie surviving another assassination attempt with a gun, PTSD WW2 Archie, prostitutes, corruption, palladium, multiple kidnappings, maple mushrooms that make you trip hard and I’m sure I’m missing other nonsensical plot lines but you get the idea.

Normal for Riverdale, batshit crazy for any other show. If anything, it’s interesting to see what random tangent they do next, as none of this can be planned out.

Tumblr is going absolutely apeshit over the new South Park special, so I guess it wasn't that bad and I should give it a watch?
Good news - it's not a Randy episode
Bad news - it's actually a Randy episode

i recently watch hbo's the outsider, which was really cool. i was thoroughly enthralled at the idea that some entity like, makes a double of someone, commits a gross crime, and then there's mountain of evidence to convict the person who was doubled, but also a mountain of evidence proving that they werent there. i will say, i didn't really expect the twist on what the double actually is, but yeah it's a rad supernatural mystery

also, since i have access to hbo max now and i learned that westworld has a second and third season, i rewatched the first season and I gotta say: it's perfect. the first season of westworld is just solid gold and I think the series would probably benefit if it just ended after episode ten. it IS just so epic, the way everything's brought together to tell you you've been seeing things out of chronological order, and how william is the man in black, i love the first season of westworld. i think it might be the best thing hbo has done. the second season isn't bad, it's just more stuff I don't think was necessary. but if a second season has to exist, i do like this. getting deeper into william's story, making dolores this fucking genocidal murderer, im not to keen on the body switch plot twist, but it's good. third season doesn't even feel like the same show. it feels like this hollow cyberpunk dystopia. they try to make it the world seem so futuristic while keeping it grounded somewhat in our reality so we can relate, but that just makes it feel so.....not real. i havent finished season three though so maybe i'll flip flop on this.

i recently watch hbo's the outsider, which was really cool. i was thoroughly enthralled at the idea that some entity like, makes a double of someone, commits a gross crime, and then there's mountain of evidence to convict the person who was doubled, but also a mountain of evidence proving that they werent there. i will say, i didn't really expect the twist on what the double actually is, but yeah it's a rad supernatural mystery

You might want to check out Mr. Mercedes. I don't think it's quite as good as The Outsider, but it loosely takes place in the same world. Holly Gibney is in it. Albeit she isn't exactly the same character with a different race and all. In the books it is intended to be the same character.

The Outsider's atmosphere was just perfect. I do think it kind of peaked with the first couple of episodes, though. They were just so damn good at creating an air of dreadful mystery.

Chucky

We're one episode away from the finale and I still don't know what Chucky's endgame is. It seems like he might be trying to create an army of clones, but I'm not sure why he's trying to drive the kids to murder. He's not a very convincing Hannibal, but it
turns out Junior was just a psycho in waiting. The scene where he beat his father to death with Chucky got some dark laughs out of me. Chucky shouting "whee" while Junior was swinging him around was just the icing on the cake.

At this point I have no idea if Tiffany is helping him or planning to screw him over. She does seem kind of taken with Nica, but we will see. At least it seems Andy has found Chucky so next week should be explosive.

Regardless I've enjoyed the season.

Tumblr is going absolutely apeshit over the new South Park special, so I guess it wasn't that bad and I should give it a watch?
Good news - it's not a Randy episode
Bad news - it's actually a Randy episode

The Post Covid thing? I've only seen glimpses of it on YT but even I'm fairly intrigued given how long it's been since I said fuck this shit with the memberberries.

Also yeah, fuck Randy.

Last edited:
watching succession. just finished s1. i enjoy it. it has some family dynamics very familiar to me.

i like family dramas with morbid humour, but i do get the sense it's just going to get gloomier with every season as these things do

watching succession. just finished s1. i enjoy it. it has some family dynamics very familiar to me.

i like family dramas with morbid humour, but i do get the sense it's just going to get gloomier with every season as these things do
Do you like family drama and horror together, too? If so I might have a suggestion for you.

I'm not a huge horror fan myself but I was able to watch it without losing too much sleep.

Back