New feature: site notifications

I think the site should notify the users when some kind of Challenges start; like anime bingo challenge.

I think the site should notify the users when some kind of Challenges start; like anime bingo challenge.
Anime bingo is run by users, not moderators. So this is very unlikely to happen. Though I'm not a dev I believe notifications for the site run challenges are possible.

RaWcaxr.png

RfBuXwI.png

I don't use forums so this is prolly necroing or whatever they call it. I want to turn off site announcements. The last 100% of site announcements have been irrelevant to me and the same as a pop up disclaimer. I love this site but find site announcements as unwarranted intrusiveness from a UI/UE standpoint. Imagine if facebook announced their updates and had no opt out option.

As it states in the original post, they are rare enough that we don't plan to turn them off. Content updates, important feature updates, etc we generally useful for the majority of the userbase.

If we didn't, many feature improvements would remain totally unknown to almost all people. Most of what we launch is based on user request, so the notifications have meant people actually know what's changing here.

Back