New feature: site notifications

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Jul 11, 2019.

1. AntoZ64

AntoZ64 New Member

Me likey

Nicknames likes this.
  2. feinraf

feinraf Well-Known Member

Awesome feature! Well done everyone who worked on it!

howtoprocastinate and Nicknames like this.
  3. CosmicOwlDream

CosmicOwlDream Well-Known Member

Thanks for constantly improving on an already awesome site! Love the new feature!

4. ZelDox

ZelDox Member

not like i get any replies or comments :D cool feature though looking good

5. AndriasSch

AndriasSch New Member

Great, I've been around here for a while and always missed something that made me feel more connected to the site. It is a very simple feature, but feels like a great deal.

6. Melicent

Melicent Member

Awesome! Kudos to everyone!

Nicknames likes this.
  7. femcore

femcore Well-Known Member

Honestly, all the anime moms are great moms. Could you imagine putting up with an anime protag as a child? Ridiculous.

Oh, and, huzzah for the site I guess. It does seem like a good concept, so much thanks.

8. GlennMagusHarvey

GlennMagusHarvey Well-Known Member

Can this be modified to provide a right-clickable link? Right now they just open in a new window, and I'd like to be able to right click them and open them in a new tab, or copy their URL and use another existing tab for them.

SheyCroix and Soron like this.
  9. Akishima

Akishima Well-Known Member

This is fantastic! Along with the site announcements, I'm especially looking forward to having notifications for profile comments- I don't know how many times I've missed a comment for weeks because I forgot to check.

10. GlennMagusHarvey

GlennMagusHarvey Well-Known Member

I think you made one anyway :D

howtoprocastinate likes this.
  11. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Good idea

12. kaiiu

kaiiu New Member

Posted by kaiiu on Jul 11, 2019
    Great feature! Well needed one too :)

Nicknames and howtoprocastinate like this.
  13. howtoprocastinate

howtoprocastinate Well-Known Member

Like the new feature
    (Hopefully @PixieDeryn will finally notice the forum).

Nicknames likes this.
  14. Dellsimkin

Dellsimkin Member

Well probably one of the only contenders that can keep up with me with my 2020 goal of 23,000 episodes watched which was also supposed to be seven hundred to a thousand series watched until I finally, after eight years, decided to watch Naruto all versions which I still have 45 episodes to watch I would definitely have to say thank you so much for putting together what you have and I do try to spread the site when I can. I have a following of 13, I have 13 followers but a lot of those people that have made this website stronger like the welcoming committee I have my eyes closed but I believe her name is (why it's not dragonfly Alchemy but and that's offensive that I don't even know her name) but point is the first day she signed in I've been a member for about 2 years and I told her about every Dragon anime I've ever watched not even knowing she was a female so I gave her all options Gore horror Romance fantasy the whole nine yards and she moved into the Waco and I've joined her Waco team but my participation is the not near extraordinaire, for the sheer fact that I do have this 2020 goal viewing 23,000 episodes before 2019 ends and I was aiming at 1000 series and realize maybe 700 was more feasible and then I finally decided after eight years of trying not to watch Naruto after 12 and getting 2 episode 11 and throwing up now I've watched 713 episodes of Naruto total including of course Shippuden. I just called Naruto also and OVA that are listed on my side and just falling or it could be really gay like a Genie in a three wishes OVA blah blah blah anyway thank you very much and I will continue to increase and spread Our Anime-Planet word

howtoprocastinate likes this.
  15. Dellsimkin

Dellsimkin Member

16. AmberRay

AmberRay New Member

I really love this feature and appreciate it's implementation! I'm so brain dead sometimes XD

Nicknames likes this.
  17. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

18. Adashinobenio

Adashinobenio New Member

well i like this feature..:smile:

19. andrzejmax1

andrzejmax1 New Member

Finally some good info. I've wanted this feature so badly, especially when you watch an anime season and the next one is like 3 years later and you forget about the anime completely. Because of this I recently started using anilist. I hope you do it right and if you do, I'll be back to this site.

So remember - new episode and season notification is mandatory!

20. LavanderGirl

LavanderGirl Well-Known Member

Noticed yesterday that next to my profile icon, there’s a bell now for notifications.
    Neat! ☺️

Nicknames likes this.