Beastars

I've been meaning to get to this manga for awhile actually. I've honestly heard many great things about this, and it's critical acclaim. That it actually beat out both Promised Neverland, and Made in Abyss for the manga taisho award in 2018.

Also, how often do we truly have LEGIT animal people in anime and not same half-assed lame fetish anthropomorphization.

I literally just noticed, the page for this lists our wolfy main character with the name "Legosi," interestingly similar to the legend Bela Lugosi... idk if that was intentional, but it's worth noting that aside from being an early horror icon, Lugosi did have a small but important role in the original The Wolf Man:
He was the gypsy and werewolf who passed the curse on to Lon Chaney Jr's character.

Sadly, while the manga interests me, I'm passing on the anime. The character designs are good, but the animation movements are hideous, slow and sluggish in movement with a low frame rate...why is it that most CGI I've seen in anime look like this (I'm getting tired of seeing this too)?
anime_hyper.gif

I literally just noticed, the page for this lists our wolfy main character with the name "Legosi," interestingly similar to the legend Bela Lugosi... idk if that was intentional, but it's worth noting that aside from being an early horror icon, Lugosi did have a small but important role in the original The Wolf Man:
He was the gypsy and werewolf who passed the curse on to Lon Chaney Jr's character.

At the end of volume 1 the author states that Bela Lugosi was the inspiration for the name. She said that the name struck her as being both mysterious and elegant and she's always remembered it. Although she mentions his better known role in Dracula, as opposed to Wolf Man.

Viz changed the name to Legoshi, but hopefully the anime goes with Legosi.

Really? The CGI looks pretty fantastic as far as I'm concerned(New PV):

Saw that trailer earlier and loved it. Orange is probably the best in the business at doing CGI anime right now.

Back