Say "I love you."

Alt title: Suki-tte Ii na yo.

Add review
athenawolf101's avatar
Jul 22, 2014

Say "I Love You" or Suki-tte li na yo is totally recommended if you are a romance anime junkie. However it's not as cliche as it seems to be. I have been wanting to watch this anime for awhile, and while I had a friend over, I decided why the heck not. My friend fell in love with this anime and the charcters. The story doesn't twist too much to the point where you want to rip you're hair out. (one of those animes is Kimi ni Todoke, another review for that anime later.) The anime wraps up the story nicely and although short episode wise, it's pretty long story wise. Say "I Love You" had a certain touch to it that made it slightly realistic, and not too boring, or dragging you along. However, I will say, Tachibana Mei is a Mary-Sue. Some may not agree but I think everything was going a little too perfect for her throughout the story. Every girl is entitled to their own fairytale. However, if I see this with my own 2 eyes, with real people, I shall change my opinion

The animation was great, not too scribbly, but it was cutsie! Love the style!

When I say sound, I mean voice actors. I don't agree with some of the voice actors, like Takahiro Sakurai as Yamato. Never watched the dub and never will. I loved the sub, and sometimes dub ruins it slightly.

The charcters had their great points, but I felt like they all fell through with mei eventually, and it wa sa bit quick. Like Aiko Mutō, it took one, 2 episdoes? and then it was all good with Mei. I thought that went alittle too fast, maybe they could have put that as alittle side thing instead of for example the cookie baking. But that's my opinion. I'm no animator.

Overall I give this anime a 9.2, I'd hate to give it a perfect score because it is such a realistic anime, no fairy wands or wishes that make it perfect.

If you read this whole thing, kudos to you! If you think I was wrong? Want to discuss a point? Leave me a comment!

9.2/10 overall
anime99's avatar
Nov 1, 2014

This anime was amazing. It is perfect for you if you love romatic animes.

The excellent storyline and everything about it is just amazing. Whoever is reading this all i have to say is that

You really really really need to watch it aha; its absolutely jawgripping :)

lemi513's avatar
Jul 8, 2015

I really enjoyed watching this show. It is a romance but it is not overwhelmingly soppy or over the top. It had a good pace and an emotional ride while watching it.

It deals with mental health issues as well such as anxiety, body image, depression. It shows that these issues arejust part of life rather then concentrating on theses they are more sideline background sort of things. They add to the story and allow people who suffer from similiar issues to relate and normalise what is happening to them.

I would recommend watching this anime, however, you may want to bring some tissues. I'm giving it a 9/10 as I dont feel that it managed to end, while there was no cliff hanger there was no closure.

Nequillie's avatar
Dec 27, 2014

I wanted to see an anime that had a lot of kisses because oh lord most anime's doesn't even have one (I'M LOOKING AT YOU CLANNAD & NORAGAMI YOU DISAPPOINTED ME). There will be spoilers in this review, but the overall score is without any spoilers :3

Story: 4/10

Alright, so it's about an unsocial girl who meets this attractive and popular boy, they fall in love and yeah...I guess you know what it's about. The story itself is cute, but some of the drama is just...Weird. You know, I stopped when all of that jealousy thing came because it made me want to rip my hair off. Not in a good way, it annoyed me so much. In most anime's they have moments when nothing is happening, litterally nothing. The same with this. I don't know how many episode the jealousy part was, but it was so freaking boring I just stopped, I knew it would end in the most cheesy way with Yamato kissing Mei sorry or something. It's just too cheesy with all the random kisses and such.

yup i'm talking about that scene.

Animation: 5/10

Their bodies looked so weird, it annoyed the hell out of me! I can't eally say anything else than that, sorry

Sound: 8/10

I don't know, the sound was ok I guess. I didn't really affect me.

Characters: 4/10

Allllllllllrightyyyyyyyyyyy...

Let's satrt with Mei.

I liked her character, really. She is an unsocial, cat loving, insecure and good looking girl. The typical main character if you ask me.

But Yamato tho,

He's such a douch like omg why would you want that piece of gabbage. It all was really cute UNTIL the freaking thing with him sleeping with girls to make them happy omfg

I can't even

You can't mean that

All in all I'll give it 6/10. It's a cute story even tho it turns out to be really cliche love story

written by an eight year old. The kisses can be toooooooooooooo much, the characters are ok. If you like weird looking bodies, well then this is something for you.

thatnerdygirl's avatar
Dec 25, 2014

Okay, so I have read/watched anime and manga across the board from horror to romance and if you are looking for a really heartwarming love story that takes you by surprise watch Suki-tte li na yo. Trust me the way the characters react is paralell to real life and is by far the best romance-type anime you can watch I highly reccomend :D