Mahou Shoujo? Naria Girls - Reviews

andreichekov's avatar
Sep 22, 2016

So far, we have one other review with just says that it looks bad. Well, I'm going to go into more depth than that.

So, for a start, I can handle cheap animation if the story, characters, or music, or something else is good, but this doesn't seem to have any of them. Mind you, I only watched one episode, but 2 minutes in, it began to feel like a chore to finish it.

So, the animation isn't just that CGI stuff, but it occasionally switches over to still shots where it is drawn. The contrast is really jaring, and they manage to spend an entire 20 seconds on a still frame that was unnecessary. Characters walk into each other. They have 2 minutes of dialogue where the characters just sort of sway back and forth so that it isn't a still shot.

This brings us to sound quality. You know how people sort of talk all over each other and don't think much about what they say IRL? Well, that works because there is no plot. Which I guess is the effect that they wanted here? I don't know. The dialogue runs quickly and almost over the top of each other, and I couldn't tell who was saying what. I don't think blondie ever spoke. It sounds like a real life conversation. That would be a good thing if this was real life, but it doesn't quite work in anime. Their entire dialoge and interactions are the sort of thing you have going on in the background of whats really going on when you have a good movie.

Characters are supposed to be magical girls, but they transform into.... THEMSELVES!!!! wooo! such plot twist and imagination. They turn white for a bit, then look the same.

Oh, and occasionally they have a sound like a mackerel hitting someone in the face, and all of a sudden they change moood. A flashback maybe? I couldn't tell what it was.

If a picture is worth a thousand words (This is a motion picture) this one would be worth "Fuck this shit" x 333 + and extra fuck

ShoumaTaka's avatar
Sep 10, 2016

...... All I can  say is WTF is this?!  .......

The MMD animation Is horrible and you can see the character's walk through each other lol. This is horrible :/

Never watched an anime that looked THIS BAD, 11/10 would not recommend