Weathering With You

I've been waiting for this one. I am going to see it without watching any of the trailers or learning anything about it. Who is with me?

I really wanna watch this. I don't want to watch it alone though. Ugh.
I haven't kept up because I'd hoped to go to it expecting and knowing nothing - except that it looked beautiful.
Now I worry I missed theatrical releases -- if it got them, if it got them close to me screeeee.​

I also heard that Makoto was a bit aware that Your Name wasn't written that well. I think he was uncomfortable with the fact that the movie got an award. Although I don't know why but I feel optimistic about this one.

When you realise this movie will be released in America and the west in 2020.
Capture-55-1-515x430.png

I really enjoyed it, totally loved seeing it in IMAX, but I'm really not that much of a critic. I liked the story line a lot, it was up my street, but I also enjoyed Kimi no na wa (I preferred this by far, though). My boyfriend said it was "averagely/normally interesting", and he's probably a bit more critical of anime.

I really enjoyed it, totally loved seeing it in IMAX, but I'm really not that much of a critic. I liked the story line a lot, it was up my street, but I also enjoyed Kimi no na wa (I preferred this by far, though). My boyfriend said it was "averagely/normally interesting", and he's probably a bit more critical of anime.
What’s your take on Suga’s last minute decision to let the MC escape from the police? I had trouble understanding that part.

I am happy and grateful that I got to watch it on Big Screen. An anime is aired for the first time in India on Big Screen. All shows were almost housefull.
It found the animation not as good as Your Name. And the story was close to 'Penguin Highway' so I didn't like this mocue much. I will give 3.5/5. I don't feel like watching it even twice.
I guess no movie can compete Your Name. I have watched this movie like 6-7 times. Because of same director I get my hopes high but...
Anyways I enjoyed it watching in Cinema Hall.

To me, it was more interesting than your name. I dunno what that means, whether my expectations for your name were that low.
Nevertheless, the character development was rather better in this movie than your name but I could say that it became rushed near the end when everyone started helping him lol. 3.75/5

Oop, I finally watched this.
I have really fond memories of Your name because I watched it together with my friend (and imo that's what made it 150% better). Tbh what gave me the push to watch this was this one fanfiction I was reading where the author mentioned that the last part was inspired by Your name, so instead of rewatching Your name, I ended up here-
The movie overall was great but not as good as Your name imo (maybe because of reasons mentioned above xd). I really loved the moments when the music started playing-
But the moment at the end where everyone just started helping him seemed so cheesy. xd

While watching this movie, I couldn't stop thinking that they used the 'Your Name' formula a bit too much. Visually and Sound-wise the movie didn't disappoint but regarding the story and its characters the execution could have been better.

Last edited:
In terms of visuals and cinematography, this movie was gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off from the well detailed city and urban landscapes. But unfortunately, I can't say the same about the story. It wasn't bad, that I want to make clear, but in the end it just felt like another one of Makoto Shinkai's stories, with concepts we've already seen before in his films.

Back